"Active Shooter" video game lets you be school shooter

The entire GTA series puts you into the role of a cop murdering criminal. There isn't even a middle ground. You have to play a cop murdering criminal. Should those games be banned?
Banning stuff accomplishes nothing.

This is a cultural issue, a MUCH heavier lift.

There is no cultural issue. Violent crimes have actually declined in the decades since video games have existed. Guess what? I can shoot a cop on GTA, but if I lopped a person's head off and threw it down a pyramid I'd probably go to jail. Why do people think our culture is in some sort of decline?
I don't know where to begin. Everywhere in popular culture.

We lower standards pretty much everywhere else on a regular basis.

If you don't see it, then we just disagree.

The entire GTA series puts you into the role of a cop murdering criminal. There isn't even a middle ground. You have to play a cop murdering criminal. Should those games be banned?

There is no cultural issue. Violent crimes have actually declined in the decades since video games have existed. Guess what? I can shoot a cop on GTA, but if I lopped a person's head off and threw it down a pyramid I'd probably go to jail. Why do people think our culture is in some sort of decline?
because there's people on their lawn that sag their pants and have political disagreements

What standards have we lowered? I could have hanged a black dude on my lawn 100 years ago. I tried that a few days ago. People make a real stink about it for some reason.

Remember the good old days, when you could actually kill people? Now we have kids only pretending to. What a sick society we live in.

What standards have we lowered? I could have hanged a black dude on my lawn 100 years ago. I tried that a few days ago. People make a real stink about it for some reason.
Okay, we haven't lowered any standards.

Its a damn video game, people.
If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Turn off your tv if you cant handle a little black box with led lights.
Every game that kills people IS bad. And the movies that legitimize and romanticize violence and shootings. I've never read Stephen King. Do his characters shoot a lot of people? Christine and the folks in The Shining didn't.

Christine was about a dude who mowed people down in his vehicle. The Shining was about a dude who tried to kill his wife and kid with an axe. King's most popular character is called "The Gunslinger". His whole thing is shooting people. Should we ban his books?
I don't know, Aaron.

If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Every game that kills people IS bad. And the movies that legitimize and romanticize violence and shootings. I've never read Stephen King. Do his characters shoot a lot of people? Christine and the folks in The Shining didn't.

Christine was about a dude who mowed people down in his vehicle. The Shining was about a dude who tried to kill his wife and kid with an axe. King's most popular character is called "The Gunslinger". His whole thing is shooting people. Should we ban his books?
I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?

I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?
The horror genre is different from what I was talking about. An axe, a car, a vampire, a zombie, a chain saw, that's like taking a ride on a roller coaster, more than embedding guns and lots of shooting in a movie or a tv action show.

I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?
The horror genre is different from what I was talking about. An axe, a car, a vampire, a zombie, a chain saw, that's like taking a ride on a roller coaster, more than embedding guns and lots of shooting in a movie or a tv action show.
Damn girl... I dont even know how to respond to that logic.

There was an episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit where they followed a 10 year old who played violent video games. Towards the end they brought him to a shooting range to fire an actual AK-47. It made him cry.

I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?
Not funny.

I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?
Not funny.
The lack of logic is.

I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?
Reading Stephen King is the equivalent of going in the Haunted House at the fair or the Haunted Hayride at Halloween. It's meant to be scary.

Read this you emotional dinosaurs
This game involves killing hookers, cops, dealing drugs, stealing, robbing, raping, gunning down entire areas of cities and all kinds of shit.
Probably the most popular game in history. Been around for decades.
ITS A VIDEO GAME THAT GETS PLAYED ON THE TV. RUN FOR THE GODDAMN HILLS!!

Oh no, my delicate sensibilities are frightened. lol

I think Id ask the teens still in school about it. My 18 yr old son walked in and I just asked him about it...he said "Hell No"....he loves all that stuff. Ive played games with him to see where his head was at, I even tried redirecting him to the Sims "build dont destroy" ...but it didnt last long lol.
what did you ask him?

I asked him what he would think of a video game where kids are shooting each other at school. He said " Hell No", then added "but people shoot everyone in games.".then said "but hell no thats not right".

I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?
Reading Stephen King is the equivalent of going in the Haunted House at the fair or the Haunted Hayride at Halloween. It's meant to be scary.

And sitting in front of a screen playing a video game is the equivalent of sitting in front of a screen playing a video game.

I don't know, Aaron.
Why not?
You still dont make sense. This is one of the most inconsistent arguments i have heard in a while.
Killing your family with an axe is ok... kidnapping children and feasting on them is ok... a girl freaking out and killing her entire school is ok... killing people with your car is ok...
But if it involves guns... oh HEEEAAAAAALLLLLL NNNNAAAAWWWW
Sounds like your opinion is tied strictly to your dislike of our constitutional right involving guns.

This game involves killing hookers, cops, dealing drugs, stealing, robbing, raping, gunning down entire areas of cities and all kinds of shit.

I think Id ask the teens still in school about it. My 18 yr old son walked in and I just asked him about it...he said "Hell No"....he loves all that stuff. Ive played games with him to see where his head was at, I even tried redirecting him to the Sims "build dont destroy" ...but it didnt last long lol.
what did you ask him?

I asked him what he would think of a video game where kids are shooting each other at school. He said " Hell No", then added "but people shoot everyone in games.".then said "but hell no thats not right".

No offense, but your son needs to get his head straight. The Sims is an awesome game. :D

what did you ask him?

No offense, but your son needs to get his head straight. The Sims is an awesome game. :D
I never could get in to that one.. Of course, i havent played any newer ones. So maybe its better.
Im talking like the very first one that came out on computer lol

A game that starts off with the premise is wrong, but then again what do you expect from the culture that embraced Grand Theft Auto..

Forum List

Back