Actor Alec Baldwin shoots and kills Director on set of movie

I am with Trump in this. (FU Baldwin)
(and in everything of course)

1634954752445.png

Uhhh, Trump curse strikes again...

I guess he now knows...
View attachment 554812
It's still sad for the person that he killed. The family and friends of the person are upset I'm sure, even though it's turning political. It's hard to call this one out

I'm not expert in this, all I know is that "real" prop guns have been used forever in Hollywood, since the industry began in the 1910s, and nobody has been killed by them, that's all I know.

In my opinion in this case it was a real gun used by an irresponsible prick.

Reports are that Baldwin shot the gun and the bullet went straight through the producer-gal (Halyna Hutchins) into the director's (Joel Suza) clavicle. It must have been a real gun that was supposed to be loaded with blanks. Reports say it was an accidental weapons discharge of a live single round that was accidentally fired. More info...

"Tobey Bays, a prop and set artist by training and the business agent for IATSE Local 44, told The Daily Beast that saying on-set that a gun is “live” doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a live round in it, and can mean there’s a blank in the chamber."

"He further explained that Hollywood prop masters will “only put the amount of blanks into the gun that are meant to be shot in the scene... They’re pretty strict, they’ll always yell out, ‘Gun is hot!’ before they hand it over to the actor.”

I think this says it all....

"Bays said the Rust shoot was “lower budget” and used a local crew that didn’t include any of his union members. There are only two major armorers in Los Angeles that provide modified prop guns for the entire country, he said, and “a proper round would not work in any of those guns.”

Reports are that Baldwin shot the gun and the bullet went straight through the producer-gal (Halyna Hutchins) into the director's (Joel Suza) clavicle. It must have been a real gun that was supposed to be loaded with blanks. Reports say it was an accidental weapons discharge of a live single round that was accidentally fired. More info...

"Tobey Bays, a prop and set artist by training and the business agent for IATSE Local 44, told The Daily Beast that saying on-set that a gun is “live” doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a live round in it, and can mean there’s a blank in the chamber."

"He further explained that Hollywood prop masters will “only put the amount of blanks into the gun that are meant to be shot in the scene... They’re pretty strict, they’ll always yell out, ‘Gun is hot!’ before they hand it over to the actor.”

I think this says it all....

"Bays said the Rust shoot was “lower budget” and used a local crew that didn’t include any of his union members. There are only two major armorers in Los Angeles that provide modified prop guns for the entire country, he said, and “a proper round would not work in any of those guns.”

there is no such thing as an accidental discharge,, bullets dont just go off for no reason,, there are only negligent discharge

Actually...I don't like ANY of the baldwins. They all hung on his coat sleeve and they all pretty much suck.
I like Stephen. He was in two of my favorite TV shows. Young Riders and The Jesse Stone TV movies.

The other 3 not so much.

Since the death of Brandon Lee, the rules were strengthened to keep any chance of live loads even being allowed on the set. SOMEONE loaded that gun at some point and then forgot to clear it again. It looked like the location was out in the boonies and it's possible someone wanted to burn a few real rounds through it. IMO, it's most likely just a stupid, tragic mistake. I feckin' LOATHE Adam Baldwin but I can't cheer for his pain and trouble in this situation. Unless he's a sociopath, this will burden him for the rest of his life.

Yes. Some poster said a prop handler supposedly checked the load and weapon before handing it to Baldwin, so he had a reasonable expectation of it being 'safe' and not having live rounds in it. We won't know the entire story for a few days anyway, but I still think whoever is in control of the set is responsible for what goes on on it, including the choices of props. Apparently there were already some safety issues going on, but so far all we know is gossip at this point.

As for all the hopes and dreams of Big Giant Lawsuits N Stuff, these productions carry loads of insurance and people sign loads of waivers, so it's highly doubtful Baldwin himself will be bankrupted and also unlikely he will face criminal charges.

Last edited:
there is no such thing as an accidental discharge,, bullets dont just go off for no reason,, there are only negligent discharge
True. That was a MSM story. Good catch. From what I have been reading, it was a real .44 single action revolver (similar to the ones in the 1800's) that was supposed to be loaded with blanks. Obviously the chain of custody on the set was inadequate. It wasn't the gun it was (as always) the humans handling the gun. I don't think it was truly a 'prop gun' because those are a specialty item that cannot take live rounds.

IMO, a real gun was used for authenticity (supposedly loaded with blanks) and I'd bet they were trying to get a 'muzzle flash' shot with Baldwin's mug behind the gun which would have put the cinematographer in direct line of the shot. The director would have been right behind the camera checking out the shot. The .44 slug went straight through the cinematographer and into the director. He survived because the kinetic energy of the shot was greatly weakened after going thorough the first body.

Last edited:
Anyway you look at it, that prick now knows what it's like to be in the negative limelight which he excelled in when "performing" on SNL. Once upon a time, I loved him especially in Hunt For Red October. But then he turned into an angry, hateful, disgusting asshole. I hated him BEFORE he made his $$$ in bashing Trump.

I think he THOUGHT his stupid show would rival Yellowstone. He is nowhere near even coming close to that one. And, after this...I think Rust is now a dead duck. Pun not intended. And his nasty ass career is now over. Good. And I hope that woman's husband sues his pants off.
Yellowstone is modern day Montana. Rust is set in 1880's Kansas. Rival? :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back