Affirmative action, helpful or harmful?

Post evidence of my racism. Punk. I don't lose my expertise because I'm posting on the internet nor do you gain any because you post. Punk.
Evidence of your racism is you support affirmative action. You support racist, racial discrimination.

Since AA is not racial discrimination, there is no evidence.

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Reverse discrimination is alive and well in the United States, judging by what transpired at the Supreme Court last Thursday and a bill that recently passed New York’s state assembly.

In a 4 to 3 ruling, the Court upheld the University of Texas’s affirmative action program to admit minorities over similarly or more qualified white applicants.

Abigail Noel Fisher, who is white, had sued over her rejection in 2008. Her case reached the Supreme Court in 2013, was remanded to the Fifth Circuit, and re-emerged this term.

Writing for the majority, Justice Kennedy denied her claim that the university’s race-conscious policy violates the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause.

Supreme court validates reverse discrimination with University of Texas case

Did you go to college? Earn a degree? How one was accepted becomes irrelevant once first semester grades come out.
FALSE! Some people (ex, Barrack Obama) shouldn't have even been IN the college, in the first place. They got there falsely by AA,

And no, grades aren't a true reflection either. I took courses in the open admissions CCNY of the 1970s, where courses were watered down so much, a 5th grader could've passed them. And you should have heard those AA open admission dum dums complaining about the easiest test I've ever seen.

We even had open book tests. You could look up the answers to the exam, in your textbook, while taking the test. I thought they were joking, when I first heard about this. It wasn't until I actually took a mid-term exam, and saw people with their textbooks wide open, that I realized they were actually doing this. Nothing was too extreme to get dum dum open admissions kids through the semester.

Education was 2nd priority. Pandering to blacks was # 1.

Post evidence of my racism. Punk. I don't lose my expertise because I'm posting on the internet nor do you gain any because you post. Punk.
Evidence of your racism is you support affirmative action. You support racist, racial discrimination.

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Reverse discrimination is alive and well in the United States, judging by what transpired at the Supreme Court last Thursday and a bill that recently passed New York’s state assembly.

In a 4 to 3 ruling, the Court upheld the University of Texas’s affirmative action program to admit minorities over similarly or more qualified white applicants.

Abigail Noel Fisher, who is white, had sued over her rejection in 2008. Her case reached the Supreme Court in 2013, was remanded to the Fifth Circuit, and re-emerged this term.

Writing for the majority, Justice Kennedy denied her claim that the university’s race-conscious policy violates the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause.

No such thing as reverse discrimination. Thats pretty much an oxymoron. Its either discrimination or its not.

After that, you might as well leave this thread, You have no credibility.

It discriminates between people on the basis of race, and gives favors to those of one particular race (blacks). Racial discrimination, pure and simple. You make a fool of yourself.

AA does not discriminate based on race. It favors no one race which is why whites have benefitted the most from it.

In a private business, you can hire anyone you want.
Affirmative action rules applied to government agencies and businesses seeking government contracts

Maybe that's why government is so incompetent. They are hiring based on race and gender instead of hiring who could do the best job at the best price.
I spent 40 years in the government

In the early years of affirmative action, people were promoted to positions they were not prepared for. Over time, more qualified minorities and women took those jobs.

Now, nobody even notices

Affirmative action was a success
I believe you spent 40 years in government. Defending the promotion of people for positions they were not qualified for just proves my point. Government is the most inefficient and wasteful way to run something as important as my healthcare.

You have to crawl before you can walk. Women, minorities, the handicapped had to be given opportunities
That they were not instantly successful does not negate the overall success of affirmative action
I believe in treating everyone the same, regardless of skin color. Way past time to bring this racism to an end. Let's live in the dream of MLK.
MLK was a supporter of affirmative action

Martin Luther King Jr. explicitly supported what's now called affirmative action: Jarvis DeBerry

Maybe that's why government is so incompetent. They are hiring based on race and gender instead of hiring who could do the best job at the best price.
I spent 40 years in the government

In the early years of affirmative action, people were promoted to positions they were not prepared for. Over time, more qualified minorities and women took those jobs.

Now, nobody even notices

Affirmative action was a success
I believe you spent 40 years in government. Defending the promotion of people for positions they were not qualified for just proves my point. Government is the most inefficient and wasteful way to run something as important as my healthcare.

You have to crawl before you can walk. Women, minorities, the handicapped had to be given opportunities
That they were not instantly successful does not negate the overall success of affirmative action
I believe in treating everyone the same, regardless of skin color. Way past time to bring this racism to an end. Let's live in the dream of MLK.
MLK was a supporter of affirmative action
"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."
-Martin Luther King

"A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."
-MLK

I doubt that is what happened. Number 2 if it did and you understood the policy, it was due to the fact the grad school was still practicing racial discrimination. You shouldn't argue against policies you know nothing about son. Now I don't see how you lost 5 yeas of college since you got a degree, plus there were other grad schools you could have been accepted into if what you say was the case. So there is something not right with this story.
I KNOW it's what happened. Why would you doubt it ? You think this is something unusual. It's what's been going on for 50+ years all over America. Got your head in the sand ?

There is everything right with the story. After this, I went to California (Silicon Valley) where the PC industry was being born, and got into a CETA course for mechanical trades. Got to pay rent, you know, And why would I apply to another grad school ? So they can discriminate with AA too ?

"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."
-Martin Luther King

"A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."
-MLK
This quote doesn't say what he thinks IS realistic. Nor is any source provided.

Did you go to college? Earn a degree? How one was accepted becomes irrelevant once first semester grades come out.
FALSE! Some people (ex, Barrack Obama) shouldn't have even been IN the college, in the first place. They got there falsely by AA,

And no, grades aren't a true reflection either. I took courses in the open admissions CCNY of the 1970s, where courses were watered down so much, a 5th grader could've passed them. And you should have heard those AA open admission dum dums complaining about the easiest test I've ever seen.

We even had open book tests. You could look up the answers to the exam, in your textbook, while taking the test. I thought they were joking, when I first heard about this. It wasn't until I actually took a mid-term exam, and saw people with their textbooks wide open, that I realized they were actually doing this. Nothing was too extreme to get dum dum open admissions kids through the semester.

Education was 2nd priority. Pandering to blacks was # 1.

OK it's time to take you to the woodshed..

A Long History of Affirmative Action - For Whites

Many middle-class white people, especially those of us from the suburbs, like to think that we got to where we are today by virtue of our merit - hard work, intelligence, pluck, and maybe a little luck. And while we may be sympathetic to the plight of others, we close down when we hear the words "affirmative action" or "racial preferences." We worked hard, we made it on our own, the thinking goes, why don't 'they'? After all, the Civil Rights Act was enacted almost 40 years ago.

What we don't readily acknowledge is that racial preferences have a long, institutional history in this country - a white history.

Early Racial Preferences

We all know the old history, but it's still worth reminding ourselves of its scale and scope. Affirmative action in the American "workplace" first began in the late 17th century when European indentured servants - the original source of unfree labor on the new tobacco plantations of Virginia and Maryland - were replaced by African slaves. In exchange for their support and their policing of the growing slave population, lower-class Europeans won new rights, entitlements, and opportunities from the planter elite.

White Americans were also given a head start with the help of the U.S. Army. The 1830 Indian Removal Act, for example, forcibly relocated Cherokee, Creeks and other eastern Indians to west of the Mississippi River to make room for white settlers. The 1862 Homestead Act followed suit, giving away millions of acres of what had been Indian Territory west of the Mississippi. Ultimately, 270 million acres, or 10% of the total land area of the United States, was converted to private hands, overwhelmingly white, under Homestead Act provisions.

The 1790 Naturalization Act permitted only "free white persons" to become naturalized citizens, thus opening the doors to European immigrants but not others. Racial barriers to naturalized U.S. citizenship weren't removed until the McCarran-Walter Act in 1952, and white racial preferences in immigration remained until 1965.

In the South, the federal government never followed through on General Sherman's Civil War plan to divide up plantations and give each freed slave "40 acres and a mule" as reparations. Only once was monetary compensation made for slavery, in Washington, D.C. There, government officials paid up to $300 per slave upon emancipation - not to the slaves, but to local slaveholders as compensation for loss of property.

More.

The Advantages Grow, Generation to Generation

The landmark Social Security Act of 1935 provided a safety net for millions of workers, guaranteeing them an income after retirement. But the act specifically excluded two occupations: agricultural workers and domestic servants, who were predominately African American, Mexican, and Asian. .

Like Social Security, the 1935 Wagner Act helped establish an important new right for white people. By granting unions the power of collective bargaining, it helped millions of white workers gain entry into the middle class over the next 30 years. But the Wagner Act permitted unions to exclude non-whites and deny them access to better paid jobs and union protections and benefits such as health care, job security, and pensions. .

But it was another racialized New Deal program, the Federal Housing Administration, that helped generate much of the wealth that so many white families enjoy today. These revolutionary programs made it possible for millions of average white Americans - but not others - to own a home for the first time. The government set up a national neighborhood appraisal system, explicitly tying mortgage eligibility to race. Integrated communities were ipso facto deemed a financial risk and made ineligible for home loans, a policy known today as "redlining." Between 1934 and 1962, the federal government backed $120 billion of home loans. More than 98% went to whites. Of the 350,000 new homes built with federal support in northern California between 1946 and 1960, fewer than 100 went to African Americans.

More.

Reaping the Rewards of Racial Preference

One result of the generations of preferential treatment for whites is that a typical white family today has on average eight times the assets, or net worth, of a typical African American family, according to economist Edward Wolff. Even when families of the same income are compared, white families have more than twice the wealth of Black families. Much of that wealth difference can be attributed to the value of one's home, and how much one inherited from parents.

In 1865, just after Emancipation, it is not surprising that African Americans owned 0.5 percent of the total worth of the United States. But by 1990, a full 135 years after the abolition of slavery, Black Americans still possessed only a meager 1 percent of national wealth.

RACE - The Power of an Illusion | White Advantage

These are things whites such as yourself have benefitted from. Everybody doesn't chose to have amnesia. You will not be allowed to force your "amnesia" upon people. Reality shows that everything you are bitching about whites have been getting and the only reason your racist ass is whining is that now you must compete and everything isn't just given to your ass because you are white.

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

No such thing as reverse discrimination. Thats pretty much an oxymoron. Its either discrimination or its not.

Which is what we've been saying all along. AA is discrimination.

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

It is not. You are wrong.

No, and that's the crux of the problem. To people that have an agenda such as white nationalism, there is no such thing as an unqualified white when the comparison is to a minority.
Something wrong with "nationalism" ? Something wrong with being "white" ?

There is something very wrong with the racism pushed by white nationalism.

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

It is not. You are wrong.

Even though I provided a link that clearly explained when discrimination against a white was used by a college?

If you applied for a job, and the person doing the interview told you that you can't have the job because of the color of your skin, what would you call that?

After you answer that question, explain to me how your answer could possibly be different if the interviewer said the exact same thing to a white.

I doubt that is what happened. Number 2 if it did and you understood the policy, it was due to the fact the grad school was still practicing racial discrimination. You shouldn't argue against policies you know nothing about son. Now I don't see how you lost 5 yeas of college since you got a degree, plus there were other grad schools you could have been accepted into if what you say was the case. So there is something not right with this story.
I KNOW it's what happened. Why would you doubt it ? You think this is something unusual. It's what's been going on for 50+ years all over America. Got your head in the sand ?

There is everything right with the story. After this, I went to California (Silicon Valley) where the PC industry was being born, and got into a CETA course for mechanical trades. Got to pay rent, you know, And why would I apply to another grad school ? So they can discriminate with AA too ?

Why would I doubt it? Because you were teaching college with no graduate degree. Or you did have a graduate degree from CCNY therefore you were not turned down for grad school. I doubt it because it hasn't been going on at all much less 50 plus years. The EPI Report dismisses this as it shows things are pretty much the same for blacks as it was 50 years ago. You're a liar and you don't get to make claims by ignoring almost 200 years of written law and policy.

Interesting logic

If you benefitted from a tilted playing field for centuries, just declare everything even Steven

The point of affirmative action was to open up opportunities .......it worked
IF ? Who living today has "benefitted from a tilted playing field" ? (that existed in the 1950s and earlier). You'd have to be about 100 years old. And while AA may have opened up opportunities to blacks, it unfairly CLOSED opportunities to whites and other (non-black) races .

Anyone supporting AA, is a racist. Period.
Somehow white males continued to find employment

They just didn’t have every high paying position reserved for them. Tough

Forum List

Back