African-American Music Appreciation Month, 2016

... I really resent the fact blacks get off the hook for so much negativity they DO , for the little positive good that they do to offset that

The resentment for Blacks getting off the hook for negative stuff ... insert Whites for Blacks or and you have the basis for why there was a civil rights movement.

For almost 2 centuries Whites got away with a lot unjust treatment of not just Blacks but all non-whites and women. That leaves one hell of a sore wound.

Blacks doing the same to Whites isn't right (2 wrongs don't make a right) but understanding perspective helps. Empathy makes for a big step forward in resolving conflict.
That resentment is going to swing the other way and it's not going to be good for black people when it does.

... I really resent the fact blacks get off the hook for so much negativity they DO , for the little positive good that they do to offset that

The resentment for Blacks getting off the hook for negative stuff ... insert Whites for Blacks or and you have the basis for why there was a civil rights movement.

For almost 2 centuries Whites got away with a lot unjust treatment of not just Blacks but all non-whites and women. That leaves one hell of a sore wound.

Blacks doing the same to Whites isn't right (2 wrongs don't make a right) but understanding perspective helps. Empathy makes for a big step forward in resolving conflict.
That resentment is going to swing the other way and it's not going to be good for black people when it does.
I agree. I am disturbed by the influence of rap, which may deserve recognition for creativity, but as form reminds me of a black hole, a gravity well, it strips away art and creates a new generation of talentless hacks that pump out loud base backbeats with rhyming formulaic lyrics with flame zone mentality. There are plenty of black musicians that don't resort to that trite nonsense, and those are the real Black artists.

I agree. I am disturbed by the influence of rap, which may deserve recognition for creativity, but as form reminds me of a black hole, a gravity well, it strips away art and creates a new generation of talentless hacks that pump out loud base backbeats with rhyming formulaic lyrics with flame zone mentality. There are plenty of black musicians that don't resort to that trite nonsense, and those are the real Black artists.

You obviously never heard the rap masters or your hearing is racist as hell. Anyone who can truly recognize musical talent knows that good or bad evaluations aren't exclusive to genres, races or cultures.

I'm not a fan of punk music, in fact I hate it. But I don't deny that some punk musicians exhibit real talent with song composition and musicianship as well as vocal performance.

Obama can consider me in. So many artists to celebrate, so many genres they've contributed to, where does one begin?
I'll start with gospel.

That happens with every genre of music. I dont expect you love Rap but you really need to educate yourself.

Forum List

Back