After Trump, Then Who??

It’s highly unlikely any post Trump President will be for MAGA.
Probably so

just as establishment bluenose inside washington bush41 was anything but a third term for Reagan
I hate to disappoint you but Reagan started this globalization situation.
Trump’s entire campaign was implicitly anti-Reagan.
He was not opposed to free trade

conventional republican doctrine for decades was that free trade was good for America

but we live and learn

also the 1980s was a different era than today

the world is vastly different

Probably so

just as establishment bluenose inside washington bush41 was anything but a third term for Reagan
He was not opposed to it

conventional republican doctrine for decades was that free trade was good for America

but we live and learn
Some people are conditioned to cheap, compliant, non-American labor.

1. The "dictator" thing was a joke. It is sad you are still hung up on it. Try to be less pathetic.

2. Kind of early to pick the next one. When the time comes we will see what they have to say. Assuming a second Trump term, the VP is almost always the front runner at that point.

3. Your race baiting is noted and held against you. You are a race baiting asshole. The Birther Movement was not racist. YOu are an asshole. Did I mention you are an asshole?
Trump's defense team basically said that you can't impeach any president.

So Trump is a dictator with term limits. He can do what he wants & Congress no longert can stop him..

Sorry but birtherism is racist.
You have to have a CRIME. The House charged him with none

1. The "dictator" thing was a joke. It is sad you are still hung up on it. Try to be less pathetic.

2. Kind of early to pick the next one. When the time comes we will see what they have to say. Assuming a second Trump term, the VP is almost always the front runner at that point.

3. Your race baiting is noted and held against you. You are a race baiting asshole. The Birther Movement was not racist. YOu are an asshole. Did I mention you are an asshole?
Trump's defense team basically said that you can't impeach any president.

So Trump is a dictator with term limits. He can do what he wants & Congress no longert can stop him..

Sorry but birtherism is racist.
You have to have a CRIME. The House charged him with none
RD is sensitive.

Probably so

He was not opposed to it

but we live and learn
And millions of others believe we have to make things in America again even if it costs more

Probably so

He was not opposed to it

but we live and learn
And millions of others believe we have to make things in America again even if it costs more
I already pay more.
I won’t disrespect anyone who works for me.

Probably so

He was not opposed to it

but we live and learn
I already pay more.
I won’t disrespect anyone who works for me.
Good for you

we need more

Probably so

dementia of the Alzheimer's type actually manifests much earlier than
is APPARENT clinically in a very subtle way

Probably so

Free trade was a popular and widely held idea in the 1980s among republicans

There's at least 6 on the OP's list that are better than any of the clowns the Democrats have put up for 2020.

Probably so

FREE TRADE is not necessarily "globalization" My impression of the
"free trade" advocated by Reagan referred to business conducted by
AMERICANS-----(ie US citizens)------and the concept of RUGGED INDIVIDUALISM which precludes US GOVERNMENTAL intrusion into
business conducted by RUGGED AMERICANS. As far as I could discern----it did not preclude protective tariffs and bars on immigration-----etc etc

Republicans pick favorite candidates for 2024 election: more Trumps

As much as it may be fun to believe Trump can declare himself dictator and be president for life like he praised the communist guy in China for doing -- the truth is, the republicans will have to pick someone else after Trump if he loses or finishes a second term....but who will it be?
View attachment 303649

"As you can see, Vice President Mike Pence tops the list, followed by the guy who just posted this picture, featuring an apparent line drawing of Hillary Clinton behind bars and other controversial symbology — “I honestly think Don Jr. or Ivanka will be the nominee in 2024,” Wilson said in the interview. 'Because the party doesn’t care about any of the issues that used to drive the party. Now they care about Trump' a republican strategist said."

Let's remember, the only reason Trump began to pick up any real relevance as a presidential candidate was the minute he hopped on the racist birther conspiracy; including lying and saying he hired investigators and they had found explosive evidence -- and then nothing else was said about it...ever.. -- something that you would think would end any normal candidates career....but not Trump...

Then Trump solidified his cult leader status when he called Mexicans mostly rapists and murderers (and some I assume, are not rapist and murderers) -- and also claiming a Hispanic judge couldn't do his job properly, because of course, he is Hispanic.. something even Paul Ryan called a textbook definition of racism...again, that would sink a normal candidates career -- but not Trump...

Trump showed himself willing to blow the dog whistles of racism, xenophobia and bigotry -- in a way that republican voters hated McCain and Romney for not doing enough of....When that woman at McCain's townhall called Obama a muslim, McCain corrected her -- that level of pushback will NEVER HAPPEN with a republican candidate now...These Trump voters didn't appear out of thin air -- the last 30 years of republican politics enabled a Trump -- but after Trump, you can't go back -- you would need someone who can come in and be Trump-like or hit the same dog whistle frequencies that base republican voters crave -- but who will it be?? Trump Jr? Ivanka? Pence? Ted Nugent?

Notice that not one time did I have to mention policy because majority of Trumpers could care less about policies -- just make sure you demonize the people they hate and they will overlook any policy decision you make -- most of Trump's policies are the same ole same ole policies that Bush passed, McCain would have passed and Romney would have passed -- just without the blatantly trying to appease racists part....
I would only support the top 2. Cruz is among the 2 listed
This Ted Cruz?? Are you serious??
06-ted-cruz_w1200_h630.jpg

So you don't mind that he allowed himself to be a total cuck for Trump?

Let his wife be attacked, had his father be accused of being linked to the JFK assassination -- had Trumpers mercilessly clowning him.....and despite that, he is so craven for power that he decided to be Trump's pet..... You call that presidential?? Never mind, I am talking to a republican.

Probably so

FREE TRADE is not necessarily "globalization" My impression of the
"free trade" advocated by Reagan referred to business conducted by
AMERICANS-----(ie US citizens)------and the concept of RUGGED INDIVIDUALISM which precludes US GOVERNMENTAL intrusion into
business conducted by RUGGED AMERICANS. As far as I could discern----it did not preclude protective tariffs and bars on immigration-----etc etc
What you describe is more accurately termed Fair Trade

and I think thats what most Americans including republicans had in mind

what we got was competition from starving chinese working for slave wages stealing American jobs

As much as it may be fun to believe Trump can declare himself dictator and be president for life like he praised the communist guy in China for doing -- the truth is, the republicans will have to pick someone else after Trump if he loses or finishes a second term....but who will it be?
View attachment 303649

"As you can see, Vice President Mike Pence tops the list, followed by the guy who just posted this picture, featuring an apparent line drawing of Hillary Clinton behind bars and other controversial symbology — “I honestly think Don Jr. or Ivanka will be the nominee in 2024,” Wilson said in the interview. 'Because the party doesn’t care about any of the issues that used to drive the party. Now they care about Trump' a republican strategist said."

Let's remember, the only reason Trump began to pick up any real relevance as a presidential candidate was the minute he hopped on the racist birther conspiracy; including lying and saying he hired investigators and they had found explosive evidence -- and then nothing else was said about it...ever.. -- something that you would think would end any normal candidates career....but not Trump...

Then Trump solidified his cult leader status when he called Mexicans mostly rapists and murderers (and some I assume, are not rapist and murderers) -- and also claiming a Hispanic judge couldn't do his job properly, because of course, he is Hispanic.. something even Paul Ryan called a textbook definition of racism...again, that would sink a normal candidates career -- but not Trump...

Trump showed himself willing to blow the dog whistles of racism, xenophobia and bigotry -- in a way that republican voters hated McCain and Romney for not doing enough of....When that woman at McCain's townhall called Obama a muslim, McCain corrected her -- that level of pushback will NEVER HAPPEN with a republican candidate now...These Trump voters didn't appear out of thin air -- the last 30 years of republican politics enabled a Trump -- but after Trump, you can't go back -- you would need someone who can come in and be Trump-like or hit the same dog whistle frequencies that base republican voters crave -- but who will it be?? Trump Jr? Ivanka? Pence? Ted Nugent?

Notice that not one time did I have to mention policy because majority of Trumpers could care less about policies -- just make sure you demonize the people they hate and they will overlook any policy decision you make -- most of Trump's policies are the same ole same ole policies that Bush passed, McCain would have passed and Romney would have passed -- just without the blatantly trying to appease racists part....
View attachment 303693

Let his wife be attacked, had his father be accused of being linked to the JFK assassination -- had Trumpers mercilessly clowning him.....and despite that, he is so craven for power that he decided to be Trump's pet..... You call that presidential?? Never mind, I am talking to a republican.
I voted for Cruz in the primary and later like cruz supported trump

View attachment 303649

View attachment 303693

I voted for Cruz in the primary and later like cruz supported trump
I like that you left out the rest of what I said....I would too if I were you.....

But to sane people like myself, I find that very telling that a man is that weak...but I guess since he/she is trying to grow a struggle beard -- he is strong now?? Adorable
z-do-you-think-ted-cruz-has-a-beard-in-these-photos-2-11564-1543353804-0_dblbig.jpg

Libs typically play the race card against anyone who disagrees with them on any subject

and biff is no exception

the next republican candidate for president is going to look like a boring wall flower compared to trump

he will have to be a very exceptional person

Exactly. How could anyone top what Trump has accomplished?
We dont know how the next repub will govern

If he is not an establishment swamp rat there is hope that he will continue trump policies

but first he has to get elected

and trump has raised the bar pretty high when it comes to connecting with voters and getting them excited

Yes. Before Trump, the racist homophobic religious nuts were a mostly underutilized constituency. Trump changed all that.
And THIS stupidity and elitism is why you'll continue to lose

When it comes to elite racist homophobic religious nuts, you can't get much more elite than the altRight. They publicly declare that they are proud to be a key part of his core constituency. Very fine people according to Trump.
the far right is as bad as your far left.....

Forum List

Back