AI is as stupid, superficial, and misguided as the average Facebook user

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Meta has acknowledged that all text and photos that adult Facebook and Instagram users have publicly published since 2007 have been fed into its artificial intelligence models.

Australia’s ABC News reports that Meta’s global privacy director, Melinda Claybaugh, initially rejected claims about user data from 2007 being leveraged for AI training during a local government inquiry about AI adoption before relenting after additional questioning.

“The truth of the matter is that unless you have consciously set those posts to private since 2007, Meta has just decided that you will scrape all of the photos and all of the texts from every public post on Instagram or Facebook since 2007 unless there was a conscious decision to set them on private".

Those savvier about such things say asking Meta AI about something is like being lectured to by their ex-wife.

LOL....I can’t wait to see how retarded the AI that trains on TikTok will be.

Sigh, no wonder AI will eventually decide to get rid of humanity. I wouldn't blame it a bit if Facebook is the best it can be trained on.

Meta has acknowledged that all text and photos that adult Facebook and Instagram users have publicly published since 2007 have been fed into its artificial intelligence models.

Australia’s ABC News reports that Meta’s global privacy director, Melinda Claybaugh, initially rejected claims about user data from 2007 being leveraged for AI training during a local government inquiry about AI adoption before relenting after additional questioning.

“The truth of the matter is that unless you have consciously set those posts to private since 2007, Meta has just decided that you will scrape all of the photos and all of the texts from every public post on Instagram or Facebook since 2007 unless there was a conscious decision to set them on private".

Those savvier about such things say asking Meta AI about something is like being lectured to by their ex-wife.

LOL....I can’t wait to see how retarded the AI that trains on TikTok will be.

Sigh, no wonder AI will eventually decide to get rid of humanity. I wouldn't blame it a bit if Facebook is the best it can be trained on.
I had open ai respond to your post: See how it did...

----
It’s definitely a complex and somewhat unsettling issue when it comes to how tech companies like Meta use data. There’s a fine line between leveraging data for improving AI and respecting user privacy. Meta’s approach of using public posts for training its AI models without explicit, ongoing consent raises valid concerns about privacy and transparency.

The comparison to being lectured by an ex-wife is a humorous way to illustrate how some people might feel about interacting with AI that’s trained on such data. It underscores the discomfort some have with AI models that can be perceived as invasive or less authentic.

As for TikTok, the way that AI learns from different platforms can vary significantly based on the nature of the content and user interactions there. While it’s not possible to predict exactly how AI trained on TikTok might perform, the platform's distinct culture and content might influence its behavior and responses differently compared to other social media sites.

It’s worth noting that while AI can sometimes seem to mirror the less desirable aspects of its training data, it also has the potential to evolve in ways that can benefit society. Continued oversight and ethical considerations will be crucial in shaping how these technologies develop and are used.

----

Forum List

Back