airforce now forces you to swear to god

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
Atheist airman must swear so help me God or get out in November Air Force Times airforcetimes.com

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The Air Force used to allow airmen to omit the phrase “so help me God” if they so chose. But an Oct. 30, 2013, update to Air Force Instruction 36-2606, which spells out the active-duty oath of enlistment, dropped that option. Since that quiet update to the AFI, airmen have been required to swear an oath to a deity when they enlist or reenlist.

The idea that any branch requires you to swear an oath to god in order to fight for this nation is an insult to serving in the military since we have people serving of all faiths.

Yet another atheist attack!

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

I don't see how forcing people to break the third commandment is a good thing.

The air force has a massive Christian problem within their ranks. So the idea that they are forcing people is not shocking at all

There is o
Atheist airman must swear so help me God or get out in November Air Force Times airforcetimes.com

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The Air Force used to allow airmen to omit the phrase “so help me God” if they so chose. But an Oct. 30, 2013, update to Air Force Instruction 36-2606, which spells out the active-duty oath of enlistment, dropped that option. Since that quiet update to the AFI, airmen have been required to swear an oath to a deity when they enlist or reenlist.

The idea that any branch requires you to swear an oath to god in order to fight for this nation is an insult to serving in the military since we have people serving of all faiths.
There is only one God, Balls...same God for everyone whether you believe it or not. You have no say.

There is o

Oh the title isnt a lie.

There is only one God, Balls...same God for everyone whether you believe it or not. You have no say.

nope....

There is o

Oh the title isnt a lie.

The fact that we only have one God doesn't change the fact that He has made it clear that we are not to compel anyone to follow Him. He has told us "Choose this day whom you will serve."

We can and ought to serve Him and persuade others to serve Him as well, but it should be of their own free will.

Clearly an unconstitutional requirement. It will be revoked.
It should be non-news because the AF should have quickly stepped in and rescinded the new requirement and reinstated simply affirmation. I guess, it is news because probably the AF is, once again, suffering from the evangelical fever of its air academy education.

There is o

Oh the title isnt a lie.

Which God is that? The Catholic one, the Central Baptist one, the Southern Baptist one, the General Six-Principal Baptist one, the Methodist one, the Sunni one, the Shia one, the Anglican one, the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian one, the Sikh one, the Episcopalian one...?

The air force has a massive Christian problem within their ranks. So the idea that they are forcing people is not shocking at all

Christian problem?
yes.. A problem. Air Force cadets revolt after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard - Washington Times

Had it been in his room — not a problem. It’s not about the belief. It’s about the time, the place and the manner,” Mr. Weinstein told conservative commentator Todd Starnes, The Blaze reported. “It clearly elevated one religious faith over all others at an already virulently hyper-fundamentalist Christian institution. It massively poured fundamentalist Christian gasoline on an already raging out-of-control conflagration of fundamentalist Christian tyranny, exceptionalism and supremacy at [the academy].”

it is well known that the air force is made up a fundies and "zealots".

Oh the title isnt a lie.

So don't joined the US armed forces then.

I'm sure they'll be just fine without you. :badgrin:

Yet another atheist attack!

Once again, a tiny minority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the majority.

This post is everything I hate about religion. Yet again, the fundamentalist majority wishes to force their twisted beliefs on the enlightened minority.

All religion should be banned. You create thread after thread attacking Moonslim terrorists, yet you bash Islam only because they're your competitor, not because they're evil.

Oh the title isnt a lie.

Does "The Great Pumpkin" count?

Forum List

Back