🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Al Bores Movie Bombs at Box Office

red states rule said:
It is now down to 11th place (it was in 9th last week) even with adding theaters shoing this bomb).

After 3 weeks in release it has a gross less then $4 million. What a joke!

ROFL not even $4 million and these rabid liberals are trying to tell us its a "blockbuster". Half the ticket sales are probably dopey libs going to see it twice to inflate the numbers for their pin-up boy.

:wank:

Mr.Conley said:
What do you know about Ray Nagin?

I know that he is the Mayor of a nasty ass city that is costing the entire country a tremendous amount of money. He is also responsible for not using all of the resources available to get the people out while dumbfoundingly watching a CAT-5 hurricane aimed directly at his city for days, what kind of idiot just sits there? Predictions have been that N.O. would be dessimated by flood waters since as far back as I can remember. Hundreds of buses, all destroyed, could have been saved along with all of the people they could have carried. Trains left the city empty, why weren't they filled with evacuees? He is also the idiot that spoke of making sure New Orleans would once again be a chocolate city again. If asked, the U.S.Air Force could have brought in some C-5As to carry hundreds out per plane, but he let his ego and politics run the show.

As a big thank you, the people of N.O. reelected him....As bad as the idiots in Washington, D.C. reelecting that crack head Marion Berry.:asshole:

sitarro said:
I wonder how many of the first days worth of ticket sales were bought by film critics from every paper and magazine in the world.

Umm...I think film critics get comped...though I wouldn't swear to it.

BTW, in response to your Ray Nagin question, the other guy was way worse. Comes from a corrupt LA family which was probably a good chunk of the reason that the levees weren't built right...too much skimming.

And in defense of NO, when we went there, was one of the most fun places I've ever been...amazing food, great music, incredibly nice people.

jillian said:
Yea, I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.
jillian said:
BTW, in response to your Ray Nagin question, the other guy was way worse. Comes from a corrupt LA family which was probably a good chunk of the reason that the levees weren't built right...too much skimming.
Correct, if we had elected the other guy, we would have been asking for another Katrina. He's a scumbag, along with the rest of his family.
jillian said:
And in defense of NO, when we went there, was one of the most fun places I've ever been...amazing food, great music, incredibly nice people.
That's New Orleans.

Mr.Conley said:
Nagin is the best mayor New Orleans has had in a while. Though that is more do to the utter coruption and failure of the other mayors. He isn't corrupt, which is more then we've experienced in a while.

He also was either a RINO or is currently a DINO... He was registered Republican until just before the election for Mayor where he was elected.

Mr.Conley said:
Correct, if we had elected the other guy, we would have been asking for another Katrina. He's a scumbag, along with the rest of his family.

That's pretty much my understanding. And comparing Nagin to the crack head Marion Barry is just kinda silly, IMO.

That's New Orleans.

Yup! Couple of funny stories... you know, when you get picked up at the airport, there's a flat fee into the City. Our cab driver was named Ernie...musta been driving his whole life! He asked us if we'd ever been to NO. We said "no", so he proceeded to drive us all around the French Quarter just to show us HIS City. Even took us around the Cemetary. I've never heard of a cab driver who did anything like that before. Was a wonderful intro to LA.

Then, after we checked in, we went over to Preservation Hall. I got a Hurricane. They gave it to me in a "go cup" and we started to walk around. After drinking about an inch off the top of the drink, MY ARMS WENT NUMB! LOL....

Do you know if Central Grocery is still open? Their Muffaletta is one of the most amazing things I've ever tasted in my life! Couldn't finish more than 1/4 of it, though! But wow!

A good friend of mine had a wild and wacky experience down there; the kind of thing that could only have happened in New Orleans.

He was a musician; a Ukranian who immigrated (LEGALLY - can you imagine?) to the U.S., with dreams of hitting the big time in the American blues scene. A couple of our local "hip" guys convinced him that he was wasting his time in Cincinnati; a true "blues cat" needs to make it happen in New Orleans.

So, that's what this wide-eyed babe in the woods did. While his wife and newborn son stayed behind, he moved to the Crescent City. He got a job at a furniture factory, and rented a little apartment. By day, he built tables and chairs; by night, he pounded the N.O. pavement in search of that magical jam session.

Now for the punchline. Over the Memorial Day weekend, six years ago, some of N.O.'s sharper characters correctly concluded that my friend was a clueless rube, who didn't have a friend within a thousand miles. So they gained entry into his apartment, and spent the weekend ritually torturing, mutilating, and murdering him. One of my musician acquaintences, whose life experiences have given him access to the shadier side of humanity, informed me that the final positioning of my friend's body has great significance in the voodoo religion. The fact that he was left face-up shows that his tormentors had no personal animosity toward him; he was a mere target of opportunity. Leaving him face-up allowed his soul to ascend to heaven. Oh, well - at least there's THAT.

What a charming, exotic city. I sure hope the American taxpayer can restore New Orleans to its former glory.

theHawk said:
ROFL not even $4 million and these rabid liberals are trying to tell us its a "blockbuster". Half the ticket sales are probably dopey libs going to see it twice to inflate the numbers for their pin-up boy.

:wank:

To be a liberal good intentions are more important then actual results

Al is trying to spread the word about global warming (20 years ago it was global cooling) so no matter what happens the film is a success - even if it a flop

jillian said:

I'm sure if they show their credentials they do get in for free. I also don't believe the theaters are using receipts to come up with their totals, if anything they probably use a head count that they multiply by the highest rate, whatever is going to give them the highest number. Early times usually have lower admission cost, passes, etc.

jillian said:

I'm sure he was just as bad, he is a Democrat and related to the idiot Governor, keeping it all in the family. To say that Ray Nagin is the best Mayor in years is like saying one hurricane is better than the other because it didn't do as much damage, it is still a hurricane. Before the first black mayor 30 years ago, N.O. was still corrupt but it wasn't open season on whitey, it has been going deeper and deeper down hill since. I know blacks that won't go there.

jillian said:

New Orleans has sucked for a long time, if you have gone there as a tourist, especially a white tourist, it was an accident that some crime wasn't commited against you....simple as that. Houston's crime rate, where the majority of scum from N.O. congregated, is up over 25 %....coincidental?

jillian said:
Everyplace has it's darkside. Yes? I love NYC, too...and Philly and Boston.

I can't go along with where you seem to be heading on this. A colloquialism, by definition, refers to a specific region. To what other American city could terms like "voodoo ritual murder", "rebuild at taxpayer expense", and "Fema card lobster dinner" apply? None.

And, as to the dark sides of NYC, Philly, and even Cincinnati - these are testaments to the abject failure of the entitlement mentality. New Orleans is that mentality, carried out to its logical, inescapable conclusion.

jillian said:
Sorry about your friend. That sucks.

Thanks.:beer: He was a great talent, and a gentle, benign presence on the earth.

musicman said:
I can't go along with where you seem to be heading on this. A colloquialism, by definition, refers to a specific region. To what other American city could terms like "voodoo ritual murder", "rebuild at taxpayer expense", and "Fema card lobster dinner" apply? None.

And, as to the dark sides of NYC, Philly, and even Cincinnati - these are testaments to the abject failure of the entitlement mentality. New Orleans is that mentality, carried out to its logical, inescapable conclusion.

Maybe. But in NY a girl was just murdered by a bouncer (allegedly) at a bar and brutally murdered. Might not have been ritual, but "son of sam" sure wasn't your garden variety killer. Nor did either murder have anything to do with entitlements.

I think you want to attribute such horrible things to a societal problem that maybe can be fixed. But as Springsteen says: sometimes "there's just a meanness in this world".

Thanks.:beer: He was a great talent, and a gentle, benign presence on the earth.

Sounds it. I wish him a peaceful rest.:beer:

Okay asshole, lets get to work:
musicman said:
A good friend of mine had a wild and wacky experience down there; the kind of thing that could only have happened in New Orleans.

He was a musician; a Ukranian who immigrated (LEGALLY - can you imagine?) to the U.S., with dreams of hitting the big time in the American blues scene. A couple of our local "hip" guys convinced him that he was wasting his time in Cincinnati; a true "blues cat" needs to make it happen in New Orleans.

So, that's what this wide-eyed babe in the woods did. While his wife and newborn son stayed behind, he moved to the Crescent City. He got a job at a furniture factory, and rented a little apartment. By day, he built tables and chairs; by night, he pounded the N.O. pavement in search of that magical jam session.

Now for the punchline. Over the Memorial Day weekend, six years ago, some of N.O.'s sharper characters correctly concluded that my friend was a clueless rube, who didn't have a friend within a thousand miles. So they gained entry into his apartment, and spent the weekend ritually torturing, mutilating, and murdering him. One of my musician acquaintences, whose life experiences have given him access to the shadier side of humanity, informed me that the final positioning of my friend's body has great significance in the voodoo religion. The fact that he was left face-up shows that his tormentors had no personal animosity toward him; he was a mere target of opportunity. Leaving him face-up allowed his soul to ascend to heaven. Oh, well - at least there's THAT.

What a charming, exotic city. I sure hope the American taxpayer can restore New Orleans to its former glory.
Musicman,
First off, what your describing is a freak accident at best. We don't have "voodoo musicians" traveling around town ritualistically murduring people. I should know, I was born and raised in New Orleans. There are some people who are voodoos in the city, but, unlike what we tell the tourists, they are an infinitely small group. What your describing is, at best, a singular circumstance. Frankly, I think your friend is overblowing the voodoo thing. Maybe it was gang violence, which was/is a problem, and I'm sorry to hear that, but if you're saying we shouldn't rebuild the city that is home to over 500,000 people, including my family, because you lost a friend, then I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. In fact I have another story for you.

Remember about two years ago in Ohio. Well you know Ohio is a pretty big place, people have to drive all over the place to get anywhere. Sometimes if you want to go somewhere far away, you have to take the highways. Well the silly little thing about Ohio is that if you were on the highways during 2004 for awhile, you could have been shot dead in your car by a crazy lone gunman. Eventually they caught the guy, but I'm glad to know about it, because, as musicman will attest, it's singular events like this one that speak of a places character. Obviously Ohio is a strange place, and I for one hope that American taxpayers would move in and restore Ohio to its distinctive, murderous former glory were anything to happen to it. I'm also expecially glad to know that New Orleans taxpayers would be among those paying for it. Maybe it's because we watch each others backs in this nation, and fulfill the promises we keep.

jillian said:
Yup! Couple of funny stories... you know, when you get picked up at the airport, there's a flat fee into the City. Our cab driver was named Ernie...musta been driving his whole life! He asked us if we'd ever been to NO. We said "no", so he proceeded to drive us all around the French Quarter just to show us HIS City. Even took us around the Cemetary. I've never heard of a cab driver who did anything like that before. Was a wonderful intro to LA.

Then, after we checked in, we went over to Preservation Hall. I got a Hurricane. They gave it to me in a "go cup" and we started to walk around. After drinking about an inch off the top of the drink, MY ARMS WENT NUMB! LOL....

Do you know if Central Grocery is still open? Their Muffaletta is one of the most amazing things I've ever tasted in my life! Couldn't finish more than 1/4 of it, though! But wow!
My dad has a house in the French Quarter. We're just one block off of Bourbon, so I've invited a couple of college friends down for a week or two. It's a great way to blow off some steam after a year in of school. The French Quarter is back like nothing happened, and the Uptown and Garden Districts are seeing people return. The middle class areas got a lot of flooding, but people are moving in to rebuild. Hopefully the Corp will keep its promise and build levees that can hold a Catagory 3 storm like the last ones should have.

That's Preservation Hall,. The House of Blues is also really great. Then their are a bunch of restaurants around the Quarter. Galotoises, Arnaud's, Anthony. Central has reopened and I think is doing well. Most importantly, the tourists are coming back. I think the city's going to recover, and will probably be better off, and I admit it's inpart because all the gangs went to Houston and Baton Rouge.

Forum List

Back