Alabama cheated ohio state

Look, OSU kicked themselves in the nuts. They have no one to blame but themselves.

A loss to a 7-5 team is bad enough, BUT BY 4 TOUCHDOWNS AND A FIELD GOAL?

They’re not in the national championship fray because of a four letter word.........

IOWA

My argument is not with you pal, my argument is that i feel ohio state got ripped off

A case could be made for either team but there was only one spot and the committee was charged with putting the 4 best teams in the country in the playoffs. One of the members has already stated the Iowa loss was devastating for OSU. Alabama did not lose by 30 points to a 5-loss team. Alabama pretty much manhandled everyone they played this season except for their in-state rival, Auburn. They lost a respectable game to AU away and were really in the game until the final play. Bama was extremely close to going undefeated.

OSU (I believe) had a legitimate chance to make it in, IF they had dominated Wisconsin. Had they done that, I believe the committee would have taken them over Bama. AND.. By the way, the scenario with Alabama this year was almost identical to the scenario last year when OSU was selected over Penn State. So if you say it was "rigged" this year, then it was also "rigged" last year.

Look at the tides schedule they didn't beat anyone that was worth a damn.. Ohio state did.

My argument is not with you pal, my argument is that i feel ohio state got ripped off

A case could be made for either team but there was only one spot and the committee was charged with putting the 4 best teams in the country in the playoffs. One of the members has already stated the Iowa loss was devastating for OSU. Alabama did not lose by 30 points to a 5-loss team. Alabama pretty much manhandled everyone they played this season except for their in-state rival, Auburn. They lost a respectable game to AU away and were really in the game until the final play. Bama was extremely close to going undefeated.

OSU (I believe) had a legitimate chance to make it in, IF they had dominated Wisconsin. Had they done that, I believe the committee would have taken them over Bama. AND.. By the way, the scenario with Alabama this year was almost identical to the scenario last year when OSU was selected over Penn State. So if you say it was "rigged" this year, then it was also "rigged" last year.

Look at the tides schedule they didn't beat anyone that was worth a damn.. Ohio state did.

Ohio State's schedule included 6 teams with losing records. Alabama played 4 teams with losing records.

Ohio State played 4 ranked teams and lost to 1. Alabama played 4 ranked teams and lost to 1.

Ohio State lost 2 games. Alabama lost 1.

The deciding factor was the blow-out loss to an unranked Iowa. It is that simple. Consistency is key.

The buckeyes are nuts.

They beat #6 Wisconsin #9 Penn State

This is rigged , Ohio state should be number 4
I can't say that it is rigged, or the committee thought a bowl championship should include good ol; Alabama.

I'd really like an Alabama-Ohio State game! Then it would have been settled!

Ohio State is not allowed south of the Mason-Dixon line or their record will be in jeopardy every year.

There needs to be a better playoff system..

This has to be rigged..ohio state was a way better football team then Alabama
Yes they were in the 1980's..

Bullshit ohio state had a better record then Alabama..

HUH?

Clemson beat auburn and Alabama lost to them ..

Ohio state was a better team then Alabama..

Clemson beat Auburn by less than a touchdown in the 2nd game of the year despite sacking Auburn's quarterback 11 times.

Ohio State lost to Iowa. That's like Alabama losing to Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
The buckeyes are nuts.

Ohio State also played 6 teams that could not even manage a 6-6 season. 6 teams that lost more games than they won, including Illinois with an astounding 2-10 record.

By comparison, Alabama only played 4 teams with losing records. And none with a record of less than 4-8.

Add to that 1 of the teams with 5 loses put a beat down on OSU and the fact that OSU ended the season with twice as many losses, and you should be able to see that the committee made the right choice. If there was a Big10 team that should have gotten in it would be Wisconsin. They had a single loss.

Once again Alabama lost to auburn, this is rigged if you can't see it I can't help you, Ohio state should be number 4

Auburn beat 2 undefeated #1 teams in three weeks. How did Iowa do in that regard?

Ohio State also played 6 teams that could not even manage a 6-6 season. 6 teams that lost more games than they won, including Illinois with an astounding 2-10 record.

By comparison, Alabama only played 4 teams with losing records. And none with a record of less than 4-8.

Add to that 1 of the teams with 5 loses put a beat down on OSU and the fact that OSU ended the season with twice as many losses, and you should be able to see that the committee made the right choice. If there was a Big10 team that should have gotten in it would be Wisconsin. They had a single loss.

Once again Alabama lost to auburn, this is rigged if you can't see it I can't help you, Ohio state should be number 4
Of course it’s rigged. It’s rigged by having a committee vote on the 4 teams to be in the playoffs. It’s a matter of the opinions of the committee members that get too vote.

I would say that it is flawed, but not rigged. There are 13 people on the committee, including the Director of Athletics at Ohio State. No one connected with Alabama is on the committee.

People are welcome to disagree. But calling it rigged just because their team didn't make the cut is ridiculous.

Ratings ..they didn't want to see clemson vs ohio state

Think pal, think

They won't have to! It will be Georgia and Alabama in the championship game.

Of course it’s rigged. It’s rigged by having a committee vote on the 4 teams to be in the playoffs. It’s a matter of the opinions of the committee members that get too vote.

I would say that it is flawed, but not rigged. There are 13 people on the committee, including the Director of Athletics at Ohio State. No one connected with Alabama is on the committee.

People are welcome to disagree. But calling it rigged just because their team didn't make the cut is ridiculous.

Think pal, think

Maybe next year, this years title game is

Clemson v. Oklahoma.

Think pal, think

Maybe next year, this years title game is

Clemson v. Oklahoma.

If any coach in NCAA football can come up with a defensive scheme to stop Baker Mayfield, it is Kirby Smart. And given a month to do so, I think he has a pretty good chance.

You must have watched a different AU-UA game. The score was 26-14. They were not in it until the final play. Auburn went 12 points ahead at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

There needs to be a better playoff system..
There is one for small schools like Montana or Eastern Washington.
The point in this is how badly Ohio State lost to Iowa. It indicates that they probably will lose badly to Clemson as well.

You must have watched a different AU-UA game. The score was 26-14. They were not in it until the final play. Auburn went 12 points ahead at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Yeah, I probably overstated that a bit. It was a two-score ball game and an Alabama TD would have put us back in the game. The point is, it wasn't a blowout.

Forum List

Back