🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama Voters Pass Amendment to Display Ten Commandments at Public Schools

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.
The devil is a liar so, blow it out your ass!

Separation of church and state,
was solely a proclamation of freedom of religion...
there would be no official, established, state religion
But offical representatives of the state government can now put up religious monuments on their grounds?
You don't think that makes the religion involved seem "official?"

Perhaps Dims could modify the Ten Commandments.to make it more palatable for them.

Just erase the bit about coveting being a sin and the bit about God.

Then again, can we tell children that adultery is wrong so long as they are consenting adults?

Anyhew, children need some moral direction in life. Instead, Dims want an amoral environment to teach kids how to read and write, assumingly so they can equip an army of amoral students to be unleashed on the world.

Do your children need to be taught moral direction by the gov't? Mine didn't.

And with the dismal overall results of a public education in Alabama, it seems to me that the 10 Commandments are the least effective addition or correction they could make.

The Founding Fathers came from a government that controlled the pulpit. This is what they were opposed to. They were not opposed to religion, however.

In fact, they viewed religion as a vital component of morality. Moreover, it is was the glue that held everything together as Ben Franklin said. The Constitution cannot prevail unless society is moral.. This is why the Left has been engaged in a war against morality.

Mr. President

I confess that there are several parts of this constitution which I do not at present approve, but I am not sure I shall never approve them: For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged by better information, or fuller consideration, to change opinions even on important subjects, which I once thought right, but found to be otherwise. It is therefore that the older I grow, the more apt I am to doubt my own judgment, and to pay more respect to the judgment of others. Most men indeed as well as most sects in Religion, think themselves in possession of all truth, and that wherever others differ from them it is so far error. Steele a Protestant in a Dedication tells the Pope, that the only difference between our Churches in their opinions of the certainty of their doctrines is, the Church of Rome is infallible and the Church of England is never in the wrong. But though many private persons think almost as highly of their own infallibility as of that of their sect, few express it so naturally as a certain french lady, who in a dispute with her sister, said "I don't know how it happens, Sister but I meet with no body but myself, that's always in the right — Il n'y a que moi qui a toujours raison."

In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.

John Adams had it right

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams

That does not just include Christians and Jews. There are plenty of moral and religious people of other faiths.

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

Read more at cnsnews.com ...

It won't survive its first court challenge.

Very true. It is blatantly unconstitutional.

What bothers me is that supporters always want to quote select commandments, (Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal ect), but ignore the ones that call for all other religions to be denigrated or ignored.

While rules against murder, stealing and lying are great, a quick look at the first 4 commandments shows the problem.
1) Thou shalt have no other gods before me
2) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images
3) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
4) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
It does nothing to promote religion, the court has been wrong consistently on that FACT!

It is a religious symbol. It is unconstitutional to display it alone. All cultures have their religious symbols. There is nothing wrong with celebrating the different religious symbols but to elevate one above the other is morally wrong.

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

so we can quote the Bible for moral reference now?

You are free to do That if you like, nothing has ever changed.

You could be an atheist and find that most of the Commandments have merit.

Which is odd since Republicans have turned it into it to do list. No one is arguing about that.

Imagine those red neck tubes trying to govern themselves! DC will have to fix this quick.

Isn't Alabama a Trump place? Who bares false witness more than Trump?

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.
Send your sister down she will never want to come back..
Of course she would want to come back. She wants to get married and all the men in Alabama are married to their sisters and daughters already. Sometimes both. :rolleyes:

Religious indoctrination.

You're no better than the Muslims you hate.

Displaying a historical object or text is not indoctrination.

It's called education.

Perhaps instead of pulling out 3rd graders from class to go protest guns, teachers can instead teach them a little about a document that is the most read and famous in all of human history.
If you folks are going to go so far as to put up monuments to the Christian faith on state property and outside of schools, you have to be fought. It is not alright to foist your religion on others. I keep telling ya and telling ya. Tend to yourself and leave the rest of us alone, please. Put your monuments in front of your church or on your front lawn, but the government should be mute on the subject.

So then government should not be paying for religious holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and so on, they are religious holidays. No Christmas trees on government property.

Lol religious nonsense
Which is not in the Constitution, only liars believe it is. Go Alabama.
Who said it was in the constitution? Its a concept put forth by the SCOTUS.

Everson vs Board of Education
"In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."

Religious indoctrination.

You're no better than the Muslims you hate.

Displaying a historical object or text is not indoctrination.

It's called education.

Perhaps instead of pulling out 3rd graders from class to go protest guns, teachers can instead teach them a little about a document that is the most read and famous in all of human history.
If you folks are going to go so far as to put up monuments to the Christian faith on state property and outside of schools, you have to be fought. It is not alright to foist your religion on others. I keep telling ya and telling ya. Tend to yourself and leave the rest of us alone, please. Put your monuments in front of your church or on your front lawn, but the government should be mute on the subject.

So then government should not be paying for religious holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and so on, they are religious holidays. No Christmas trees on government property.
Exactly

Imagine those red neck tubes trying to govern themselves! DC will have to fix this quick.
I'm sure they will.

In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians.

The government shouldn't be involved in education period. Republicans used to run on that. But there are very few real conservatives representing the Republican party in Washington. If we want to be good conservatives, the best way to do that is to start by asking what the role of government should be. And we have a very good guide in the Constitution.
They have to be involved in education. They provide funds for schools via federal, state, and local taxes.

With Kavanaugh on the Court Americans might finally be able to express their 1st Amendment right to freedom of religion that was taken away from them by the majority opinion of a former KKK member appointed to the Court by FDR.

Lol religious nonsense
The only time I've ever been surprised by the actions of backwards, Alabama yokels is when they DIDN'T elect a pedophile to the Senate. And that took massive national, and even international outrage to sway them.

More bigotry toward Southerners!!

Wow, you folks are so tolerant. So warm and fuzzy and accepting and loving toward those who are different from you.....

yeah. Right.

In of itself nothing. However, the government shouldnt engage in brainwashing people to be christians.

The government shouldn't be involved in education period. Republicans used to run on that. But there are very few real conservatives representing the Republican party in Washington. If we want to be good conservatives, the best way to do that is to start by asking what the role of government should be. And we have a very good guide in the Constitution.
They have to be involved in education. They provide funds for schools via federal, state, and local taxes.

There is nothing in the Constitution that requires the government to educate anyone. They need to quit providing and burdening the taxpayers.

Lol religious nonsense
The only time I've ever been surprised by the actions of backwards, Alabama yokels is when they DIDN'T elect a pedophile to the Senate. And that took massive national, and even international outrage to sway them.

More bigotry toward Southerners!!

Wow, you folks are so tolerant. So warm and fuzzy and accepting and loving toward those who are different from you.....

yeah. Right.
You voted to kill tolerance. So fuck tolerance and fuck you, hick trash.

Oh sweetheart, I've known what's in the black heart of Leftists probably longer than you've been a Leftist, believe that.

The difference is: when I saw that black heart--not having one myself, see--I ran as far and and as fast as I could.

You stayed. So there's that.

Forum List

Back