🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alabama Voters Pass Amendment to Display Ten Commandments at Public Schools

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

Read more at cnsnews.com ...
Religious indoctrination.

You're no better than the Muslims you hate.

Displaying a historical object or text is not indoctrination.

Use it in a history class.
Except that it isn't history, it's mythology.

The effects of the writings are history.
So are Shiva's.

Ok.

So it's settled.

They can display it in history class.

They can teach it. Just like they should teach about Confucious, about the Founding Father's desire to provide religious freedoms, and the multitude of other facts surrounding this issue.
Now that I can get behind.

You will then have the Satanists get in there and demand that their religion be taught as well.

However, their religion did not form our culture.

To learn of Satanism, perhaps they should move it to world government as the children learn about the DNC.

Witches Cast Mass Spell with Hopes of Removing Trump from Office

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.
The devil is a liar so, blow it out your ass!

Separation of church and state,
was solely a proclamation of freedom of religion...
there would be no official, established, state religion
But offical representatives of the state government can now put up religious monuments on their grounds?
You don't think that makes the religion involved seem "official?"

Ok.

So it's settled.

They can teach it. Just like they should teach about Confucious, about the Founding Father's desire to provide religious freedoms, and the multitude of other facts surrounding this issue.

You will then have the Satanists get in there and demand that their religion be taught as well.

To learn of Satanism, perhaps they should move it to world government as the children learn about the DNC.

So don't open that Pandora's Box.

Lol religious nonsense
Separation of church and state. I guess if you cant count on people from Alabama not to marry their sisters they wouldnt understand that concept either.

But offical representatives of the state government can now put up religious monuments on their grounds?

Perhaps Dims could modify the Ten Commandments.to make it more palatable for them.

Just erase the bit about coveting being a sin and the bit about God.

Then again, can we tell children that adultery is wrong so long as they are consenting adults?

Anyhew, children need some moral direction in life. Instead, Dims want an amoral environment to teach kids how to read and write, assumingly so they can equip an army of amoral students to be unleashed on the world.

Ok.

So it's settled.

Seriously? Where's christianity without Satan?

Ok.

So it's settled.

So don't open that Pandora's Box.

Pandora can kiss my arse.

We live in a Pandora's box.

The very thing judge Roy Moore was removed from office for.Good for you Alabama.The Godless commies will be along directly to get this amendment struck down.Just watch....They have judges on payroll in Hawaii to do just this!:)

In the Nov. 6 elections, residents of Alabma voted overwhelmingly to amend their state constitution to authorize the display of the Ten Commandments on public property, including public schools. The measure, Alabama Amendment 1, also defined certain religious liberty rights to be included in the state's constitution.

It's called education.

Perhaps instead of pulling out 3rd graders from class to go protest guns, teachers can instead teach them a little about a document that is the most read and famous in all of human history.
If you folks are going to go so far as to put up monuments to the Christian faith on state property and outside of schools, you have to be fought. It is not alright to foist your religion on others. I keep telling ya and telling ya. Tend to yourself and leave the rest of us alone, please. Put your monuments in front of your church or on your front lawn, but the government should be mute on the subject.

It's called education.

Perhaps instead of pulling out 3rd graders from class to go protest guns, teachers can instead teach them a little about a document that is the most read and famous in all of human history.
If you folks are going to go so far as to put up monuments to the Christian faith on state property and outside of schools, you have to be fought. It is not alright to foist your religion on others. I keep telling ya and telling ya. Tend to yourself and leave the rest of us alone, please. Put your monuments in front of your church or on your front lawn, but the government should be mute on the subject.

Well let's see, people like you took prayer out of schools along with the Ten Commandment, and then wondered why kids now go around shooting up schools.

No, dolts like you need to be fought

It's called education.

Seems the majority of people in Alabama don't agree with you, there is that ya know, perhaps you should keep your nose out of Alabama's business

It's called education.

Well let's see, people like you took prayer out of schools along with the Ten Commandment, and then wondered why kids now go around shooting up schools.

Lol, rwnj religious wackos preach hatred and intolerance and wonder why people go on shooting sprees.

I think this will matter more once Alabamians learn how to read. :safetocomeoutff:

Lol religious nonsense

Perhaps Dims could modify the Ten Commandments.to make it more palatable for them.

Then again, can we tell children that adultery is wrong so long as they are consenting adults?

Anyhew, children need some moral direction in life. Instead, Dims want an amoral environment to teach kids how to read and write, assumingly so they can equip an army of amoral students to be unleashed on the world.
Do you think not sponsoring a particular religion is "amoral?" I don't agree. From pre-school on, children are taught empathy, honesty and fair play among their classmates. They are taught to share, not to hit, to say please and thank you. They are taught not to bully people who look or act differently.
When you stop lying, maybe someone could have a reasonable conversation with you, but what Alabama has done is stir a pot that only needs it to keep fundamentalists in the news.

Here we have a Christian theocracy being built in Alabama. The Supreme Court does have the 10 Commandments on their building but they also have other symbols as well. Alabama could have done the same thing but the Christian majority apparently is unwilling to do it.

John Adams had it right

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams

Lol religious nonsense

Do your children need to be taught moral direction by the gov't? Mine didn't.

And with the dismal overall results of a public education in Alabama, it seems to me that the 10 Commandments are the least effective addition or correction they could make.

It's called education.

Seems the majority of people in Alabama don't agree with you, there is that ya know, perhaps you should keep your nose out of Alabama's business
Maybe I should. But in that case, I guess this thread shouldn't have been put up.
I'm sure glad my state isn't full of people who want to shove their religion down my throat.

It's called education.

Another lie. Prayer has not been removed from schools. During my entire public education I bowed my head and gave thanks every day at lunch. No one said a word. During exams, there are plenty of prayers.

What was removed is school led prayers. So the students can pray, they just cannot be led by school officials. It is the show that was removed, not the prayers.

It's called education.

Maybe you think a simple majority can overrule the US Constitution? Perhaps you should put your nose in a high school civics book.

It's called education.

Maybe you think a simple majority can overrule the US Constitution? Perhaps you should put your nose in a high school civics book.
Either that or admit dOnald tRump lost the election.

Forum List

Back