Alabama’s QB suffered a career threatening hip injury similar to Bo Jackson’s

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
I don’t watch college football, but I’ve heard a lot about this kid. It sucks that his dream may have been taken away from him.

Sad news for any football fan. The guy was a serious talent. Hope he can recover

Report: Tagovailoa to undergo surgery for 'serious' hip fracture

Tua Tagovailoa suffered a hip injury on Saturday against Mississippi State, was carted off the field, then taken by helicopter to a local hospital. Now comes the worst possible news, as Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy reports Tagovailoa will undergo surgery for a hip fracture, which is similar to the one that ended the great Bo Jackson’s career.

Sad news for any football fan. The guy was a serious talent. Hope he can recover

Tua Tagovailoa suffered a hip injury on Saturday against Mississippi State, was carted off the field, then taken by helicopter to a local hospital. Now comes the worst possible news, as Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy reports Tagovailoa will undergo surgery for a hip fracture, which is similar to the one that ended the great Bo Jackson’s career.

I know there have been improvements in sports medicine, but my initial thoughts are if Bo couldn’t come back from this injury I don’t think any athlete can.

I know there have been improvements in sports medicine, but my initial thoughts are if Bo couldn’t come back from this injury I don’t think any athlete can.
As I remember Bo Jackson, it was the blood flow into the hip that couldn’t be restored. Don’t know if medical practice has improved but it is bad news for Tua

Sad day for Tua and his family. Time for him to move past football. Football isn't worth being a cripple even though I love the game.

Best wishes ............

Sad day for Tua and his family. Time for him to move past football. Football isn't worth being a cripple even though I love the game.

Best wishes ............

Maybe we'll get to see what his little brother can do.

Sometimes when it is late in the season & you are winning 35-7, maybe play the backup.

Part of winning is being healthy. Don't be stupid.

Sometimes when it is late in the season & you are winning 35-7, maybe play the backup.

Part of winning is being healthy. Don't be stupid.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking
You can’t play trying not to get injured

I hope this ends the ridiculous "Tanking for Tua" BS that has been going on in the NFL

Tua is an amazing player but a huge liability. I would have never wanted him on my team in the first place. You can hit him in the shoulder with a piece of balled up paper and he will break an ankle.

Tua is an amazing player but a huge liability. I would have never wanted him on my team in the first place. You can hit him in the shoulder with a piece of balled up paper and he will break an ankle.

As a Bama fan, I have loved watching Tua play. But he makes you pay attention to who his backup is.

As a Bama fan, I have loved watching Tua play. But he makes you pay attention to who his backup is.

I look at him as the next RGIII

Forum List

Back