Albert Einstein: Up Close and Personal!

What is "logical" about belief in supernaturalism and magic? And secondly, you "logically" did nothing but accept the gods that predominate in the West vs. gods that predominate in other cultures. You did nothing but accept the gods currently in vogue.

Certainly no less logical than espousing a certain 'scientific' belief....that the universe was created from nothing.

Question: "What does the Bible say about snake handling? Should we be handling snakes in church?"

Answer:

Read more: What does the Bible say about snake handling? Should we be handling snakes in church?

Totally jumped ship on that one. If you can't answer a simple question simply change the subject. But that's Holly for ya.

First you say that I have no rational reason for belief in the biblical God over the others then you completely skim past my rationale and logical reasoning presented. This tells me that you're simply interested in arguing for the sake of argument.

"Dogma" does not have to be religious in nature. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you own a dictionary. Perhaps you should blow the dust off of it and turn to the "D" section. That would be after "C" and before "E." Then, turn the page until you arrive at the word "dogma." Well ... I'll just save you the time and monumental effort:

Dogma | Define Dogma at Dictionary.com

So you see ... your "settled" belief that the Bible and the God of the Bible CANNOT possibly be true is your personal "dogma."

What is "logical" about belief in supernaturalism and magic? And secondly, you "logically" did nothing but accept the gods that predominate in the West vs. gods that predominate in other cultures. You did nothing but accept the gods currently in vogue.

Certainly no less logical than espousing a certain 'scientific' belief....that the universe was created from nothing.
Again you attribute to science an idea it doesn't predominantly espouse, revealing your willingness to embrace falsehoods to protect your own ego.
Find a better argument.

Question: "What does the Bible say about snake handling? Should we be handling snakes in church?"

Answer:

Read more: What does the Bible say about snake handling? Should we be handling snakes in church?

Totally jumped ship on that one. If you can't answer a simple question simply change the subject. But that's Holly for ya.

I did answer the question from the Harun Yahya groupie.

I just love the irony. While arguably the most important experiments in science are underway using the LHC to shed more light on the earliest times of the universe, you extremist nutters are still discussing the pros and cons of snake handing.

Leave it to the zealots.

All under God's control. The finished product is all that counts. The Bible provides the believer everything he or she needs to know to be saved. In the end ... that's all that matters.

So it provides solice to the believer?
Anything that one already believes brings solice to read it. So what? Mein Kampf brought solice to those that believed it.
What does it bring to the non-believer, or the honest seeker?
There is where the test is.

It doesn't necessarily bring solace to the believer. Satan and demons believe but are not comforted by the Bible. To the follower of Christ it can bring solace but it can also convict us of our sin and draw a sense of repentance. It can bring up many different emotions.

I've never read Mein Kampf but I have a feeling that it brought up anger, fury, and wrath more than a sense of solace.

An "honest seeker" wouldn't discard the Bible without first seeking the Holy Spirit. So it's my opinion that anyone who simply cherry picks those portions of the Bible that they don't like aren't really "truth seekers" to begin with.

Of course you are not comforted by Mein Kampf. You are not a believer.
Now you understand the uselessness of using scripture to convince the non-believer.

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:14, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

A God Who is able to create an entire universe and all life on it can visit His creation in a vessel of His own creation. Not hard to understand.

That is simply untrue.

God is incorporeal and has no material shape or physical form. It is impossible that God would become something that he is not and what a human being could never be.

The word became flesh is simply the author establishing that flesh is a metaphor for teaching from God in words that are both spirit and life that came into the world through Jesus in what he said was his own flesh, a metaphor for the body of teaching that was from God and received in him.

and as far as 'he shall be called mighty god', being called mighty god is not the same thing as actually being God.

There never was and never shall be a human being that was God or became God either before, during or after their human existence.

The entire teaching of the torah is a testimony against the lie prevalent in the ancient world that a human being could also be a god.

If you don't know that you don't know your A, B, C's.

The Word became flesh, God came to earth in the form of a man in order to show the relationship man was to hold to God, and by His death and resurrection He can put any man into that relationship. He has redeemed us from the curse of sin and death and all that receive him will receive eternal life. What Satan robbed Adam and Eve of in the Garden is what God came to restore through sending The Word. ( His Son) The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus is referred to as the second Adam for this reason.

He came down here and lived our life in a human body like ours to show us the way. He died on the cross for our sins because by shedding His blood - the bloodtype of his father - not human blood - he could redeem those who called upon His Name. Jesus didn't come as a miraculous being out of heaven. His dependency was upon the Father and the Holy Spirit at all times and he came as a man. He said, I can do nothing apart from my Father. Through Him by the Power of the Holy Spirit we can walk as Jesus walked and do the works he did. In fact, Jesus said, Greater works shall ye do because I go to my Father. Read Romans 10: 9,10 and hear the plan of salvation tonight.

"The blood type of his father, not human blood?"

With all due respect, you are out of your mind.

There has never been and shall never be a human being that was God or became God either before, during or after their human existence.

Jesus never claimed to be God, you have just misunderstood what he said and what scripture wrote about him either because you have made great errors in your own speculations or because you have been misled yourself.

Either way to continue to perjure yourself in the name of God and desecrate the teachings of Jesus and mislead others into setting aside the Laws of God by trying to trick them into worshiping another human being amounts to intentional sin, murder according to scripture.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

In the very first day that you bowed down in deranged adoration before a false roman trinity that diddled a virgin to become a man you died and descended into the netherworld, Gehenna, where you remain tormented day and night by the confusion of beliefs in things that never happened, perverse interpretations about what is actually taking place, and irrational expectations for things that shall never occur.

You have confused the deluded dreams and nightmares of an unrestrained imagination with being saved when in fact those very same irrational beliefs that you openly profess are evidence that you are lost.

Aren't you tired of being tormented by devils and demons that you can never escape because they are figments of your own imagination while you perpetuate and defend in vain the lies of whatever real devil fucked up your mind by teaching you to worship that which is not God?

You should confine your participation in these threads to cutting and pasting "quotes" from Harun Yahya.

The universe was not created from nothing but from a disturbance to matter and energy so-named the Big Bang.

I have provided proof from physicists that the claim is that the the universe came from nothing.

In fact, that is the title of Lawrence Krauss' book, "A Universe From Nothing."
It was co-authored by another atheist fanatic, like you, Richard Dawkins.

Dr. Alexander Vilenkin, the same.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHdI4Let27I]A Universe From Nothing | Prof. Alexander Vilenkin | The Search for the Theory of Everything - YouTube[/ame]

Did I just prove that you know nothing?

Further....only a true imbecile....i.e., you, would claim "The universe was not created from nothing but from a disturbance to matter and energy so-named the Big Bang"....

...because I would simply ask where that "matter and energy" came from.

I do so appreciate you proving that the other side of the argument is peopled by hate-filled fanatics who, actually, know nothing.

Write soon.

Yet more cutting and pasting as a means to defend your inability to compose a coherent sentence.

As I noted, stick with cutting and pasting "quotes" from Harun Yahya. They add a bit of comic relief.

I beat you like a rented mule!

Ooops....the comparison was an insult to mules.

I have provided proof from physicists that the claim is that the the universe came from nothing.

In fact, that is the title of Lawrence Krauss' book, "A Universe From Nothing."
It was co-authored by another atheist fanatic, like you, Richard Dawkins.

Dr. Alexander Vilenkin, the same.

A Universe From Nothing | Prof. Alexander Vilenkin | The Search for the Theory of Everything - YouTube

Did I just prove that you know nothing?

Further....only a true imbecile....i.e., you, would claim "The universe was not created from nothing but from a disturbance to matter and energy so-named the Big Bang"....

...because I would simply ask where that "matter and energy" came from.

I do so appreciate you proving that the other side of the argument is peopled by hate-filled fanatics who, actually, know nothing.

Write soon.

Yet more cutting and pasting as a means to defend your inability to compose a coherent sentence.

As I noted, stick with cutting and pasting "quotes" from Harun Yahya. They add a bit of comic relief.

Typical of the pointless babble you cut and paste.

Answer:

I just love the irony. While arguably the most important experiments in science are underway using the LHC to shed more light on the earliest times of the universe, you extremist nutters are still discussing the pros and cons of snake handing.

Leave it to the zealots.

Leave it to the non-science community to pretend that they have answers that they don't. Talk about religious zealots. One need not believe in particular god to be religious. Let us all know when you can PROVE your opinion-based assertions.

Leave it to the zealots.

Leave it to the non-science community to pretend that they have answers that they don't. Talk about religious zealots. One need not believe in particular god to be religious. Let us all know when you can PROVE your opinion-based assertions.

You're angry because you were bitten? That means your faith was weak.

But all seriousness aside, Invariably, religionists refer to ‘gods” but find themselves hopelessly inadequate of even defining their gods so they slather those gods with human based attribiutes. Here’s your challenge: can you define why your god is rationally founded to the exclusion of other god(s)? You need to take the first step when you say "gods". Which gods? Are we to default to the story in Genesis? Why? Why not the recurring turtles theory of the Indians? Why not the World Tree of Yggdrasil, of the Norsemen? Why not the Greek or Roman creationism’s? Why the Judeo-Christian one? There is exactly the same amount of evidence for Genesis as there is for any other creationist tale out there -- so step up to the plate and make the case that the tales and fables of your gods overrides those others.

=Hollie;9214411]

LOL. Being bitten by someone without teeth reminds me of a baby with a pacifier. Folks like you actually strengthen my faith by leaps and bounds. Your inability to prove your stance correct and my stance incorrect is quite refreshing.

But all seriousness aside, Invariably, religionists refer to ‘gods” but find themselves hopelessly inadequate of even defining their gods so they slather those gods with human based attribiutes. Here’s your challenge: can you define why your god is rationally founded to the exclusion of other god(s)? You need to take the first step when you say "gods". Which gods? Are we to default to the story in Genesis? Why? Why not the recurring turtles theory of the Indians? Why not the World Tree of Yggdrasil, of the Norsemen? Why not the Greek or Roman creationism’s? Why the Judeo-Christian one? There is exactly the same amount of evidence for Genesis as there is for any other creationist tale out there -- so step up to the plate and make the case that the tales and fables of your gods overrides those others.

I've already described God as I understand Him. Sorry if you couldn't read the big words. I made it as simple as possible (for your sake).

DriftingSand said:
LOL. Being bitten by someone without teeth reminds me of a baby with a pacifier. Folks like you actually strengthen my faith by leaps and bounds. Your inability to prove your stance correct and my stance incorrect is quite refreshing.
You're confused. I'm not attempting to prove your "stance" incorrect. I am, however, correcting your emphatic and absolutist claims to supernatural gods and demons which you simply cannot make with such certainty.

I don't have to prove my stance to the natural world operating in accordance with parameters that are naturally occurring. Nothing in nature displays supernaturalism. The theist/supernaturalist has to assume a lot more than just his illogical frame of reference. He has to postulate natural reality is also evidence of the supernatural (thereby hopelessly blurring what is meant by "natural" and "supernatural"), and he also has to assume a written text (in your case, one or more of the bibles but it could be the Koran, or Bhagavad gita, etc) is somehow accurate in its perception of the metaphysical. This assumption is based purely on the texts self-proclaiming themselves this authority, and upon nothing else. The theist/supernaturalist is further burdened by appealing to a worldview where reality isn't cohesive-- a reality in which worlds are created by thoughts, seas part, dead men rise, men "ascend to heaven" and so on. And to do this he must assume the a priori nature of logic as well.

DriftingSand said:
I've already described God as I understand Him. Sorry if you couldn't read the big words. I made it as simple as possible (for your sake).
You have described your gods in thoroughly human terms which is in accordance with the writers of the bibles and their legend building of tales and fables.

How you dismantle your own arguments is by fundamentalist fervor and an appalling lack of exposure to science and learning. You have a preconceived goal that cannot be swayed, and that is to bolster your faith -- not your knowledge, because knowledge and faith are different. Knowledge is not asked for in the salvation paradigm, unquestioning faith is. There is an underlying misology (hatred of knowledge) in most heaven and hell religions-- knowledge of good and evil is the original sin, after all. Before they sinned, A & E were ignorant. Knowledge to god is sin-- because knowledge would preclude faith. According to the paradigm, god prefers unquestioning belief, but will allow you to choose knowledge. The price of which is eternal hell of course.

Oh.....see....now you're trying to slither past your embarrassment.

You claimed "The universe was not created from nothing but from a disturbance to matter and energy so-named the Big Bang. "

And I beat you over the head with it!
I showed that real scientists claim exactly that.

Further....I indicated that besides being hate-filled, you are logic-challenged: if there was energy and matter before the big bang.......where did it come from?

Now, why did you try to ignore that?

Because you're dumbfounded....or because you're dumb?

Both???

It is always fun running circles around you.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

You claimed "The universe was not created from nothing but from a disturbance to matter and energy so-named the Big Bang. "

Further....I indicated that besides being hate-filled, you are logic-challenged: if there was energy and matter before the big bang.......where did it come from?

Both???

It's always fun watching you stutter and mumble over your own incoherent foolishness.

I'll require you to scour Harun Yahya for more cut and paste material.

Let us know when you have something.

Both???

It's always fun watching you stutter and mumble over your own incoherent foolishness.

Still no answer to any of the salient points with which I've skewered you???

You can run, but you can't hide.

Both???

I see you're forever befuddled. It's fun to watch you run for the cover of Harun Yahya when your falsehoods have been exposed as fraud.

I see you're forever befuddled. It's fun to watch you run for the cover of Harun Yahya when your falsehoods have been exposed as fraud.

You really need some new material.

Looks like folks are catching on to you.

As Lenin stated: "Atheism is a natural and inseparable portion of Marxism, of the theory and practice of Scientific Socialism." If God exists and is in supreme command of the universe, He possesses discretionary power, and His actions cannot always be calculated accurately in advance. The whole edifice of Marxism collapses.
The Schwarz Report | Essays

Perhaps this is why Marxism always collapses.

Hey lefties/athiests, no matter how hard you try to destroy her, Israel will continue to stand. :badgrin:

Last edited:
As Lenin stated: "Atheism is a natural and inseparable portion of Marxism, of the theory and practice of Scientific Socialism." If God exists and is in supreme command of the universe, He possesses discretionary power, and His actions cannot always be calculated accurately in advance. The whole edifice of Marxism collapses.
The Schwarz Report | Essays

Perhaps this is why Marxism always collapses.

Hey lefties/athiests, no matter how hard you try to destroy her, Israel will continue to stand. :badgrin:

I wish that were the case, V.

It is a flaw in human nature that finds material rewards more attractive than spiritual.

Marxism, or call it materialism, has a deep seated home in secular society. How often have you seen posts about Obama/Liberals winning because of what they give away?

Looks like folks are catching on to you.

don't go running for a touchdown just yet. You may not realize this but no amount of derision, denial, or obfuscation can refute the fact that religious beliefs are not as equally valid as proven scientific facts and even though the existence of God has not been disproven what many people claim to believe about Jesus, that he was a coequal part of a triune god that impregnated a virgin to become a man who floated up into the sky after he was killed, has been shown to be false by contradicting known facts about the nature of God as defined in the OT, and what is possible or impossible according to known scientific facts about math, biological life, reproduction, mortality, and gravity.

So whether God exists or not there has never been a human being that was God or became God either before during or after their human existence.

any religious belief that contradicts well know facts about reality, not to mention scripture itself, cannot be true. Either the scriptures that you base those beliefs on convey deeper meaning that you have failed to grasp (as if that was too hard to believe) using figurative language and were never intended to be taken literally by the intelligent, or its all just a pile of crap.

Your collective inability to let go of archaic superstitious lore that contradicts reality according to the most ignorant literal interpretation of scripture possible is not evidence of faith but dishonesty.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back