All 19 women failed Army Ranger School in first phase

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The eight women who remained in the first gender-integrated class of Army Ranger training will not move onto the next round of training, Fort Benning announced on Friday.

That means all 19 women who began the training in April have washed out in the first phase.

The eight women, together with 101 men who washed out of the Darby phase, will retry the first part of the Army’s most elite training course beginning May 14, the release said.

“I had the opportunity to visit the Ranger students yesterday and was impressed that whether going forward to the mountains or recycling the Darby phase they were motivated to continue training and focused on successfully completing the Ranger Course,” said Maj. Gen. Scott Miller, commanding general of the Maneuver Center of Excellence. “They’re a strong group of soldiers, who are working their way through the U.S. Army’s most physically and mentally demanding course.”

Thirty-five male soldiers failed to meet the standards of Ranger school and will not attempt the course again, the release said.

Read more: Women wash out of Army Ranger School - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Get ready for someone to cry anti-woman for the level of physical tests being "unfair."

You can just hear the left, can't you.....

BUT BUT BUT GI JANE!!!!!

gi-jane-picture-insert.jpg

Hilarious. Demi Moore.....portrayed as a woman every bit as tough as NAVY SEALS.

Fucking liberals folks. Fucking liberals.

There are a couple of lesbians who post here that may have a shot at passing :)

The physical difference between men and women is about 20%. Usually, it doesn't amount to much as most tasks or professions don't involve pushing yourself to the limits of physical endurance. Or there are machines that anyone can use that make the task much easier for both genders. Most lumberjacks for example use chainsaws. Not axes.

Special forces training would be one of those exceptions. Its so brutal that almost no men can pass. I think its highly unlikely a woman could. There are realms where pure physicality matters. This appears to be one of them.

The physical difference between men and women is about 20%. Usually, it doesn't amount to much as most tasks or professions don't involve pushing yourself to the limits of physical endurance.Or there are machines that anyone can use that make the task much easier for both genders.

Special forces training would be one of those exceptions. Its so brutal that almost no men can pass. I think its highly unlikely a woman could. There are realms where pure physicality matters. This appears to be one of them.

I know a Navy SEAL, no way no how a woman is going to pass. Bank it

The physical difference between men and women is about 20%. Usually, it doesn't amount to much as most tasks or professions don't involve pushing yourself to the limits of physical endurance.Or there are machines that anyone can use that make the task much easier for both genders.

I know a Navy SEAL, no way no how a woman is going to pass. Bank it

It seems very unlikely, I agree. Seal training is something only a fraction of a percent of men could manage. Its designed to be at the outer edge of human capacity for a reason.

Its out at the rare fringes that the difference between men and women matter. Elite athletics, fantastically rare survival situations, and certain military training. In almost every other setting, its functionally irrelevant.

The physical difference between men and women is about 20%. Usually, it doesn't amount to much as most tasks or professions don't involve pushing yourself to the limits of physical endurance. Or there are machines that anyone can use that make the task much easier for both genders. Most lumberjacks for example use chainsaws. Not axes.

Just check the average woman in a uniform, in a parade. Stark reality.

I wonder if anyone can figure out a scenario where having female Rangers and in other special ops units might be advantageous?

Well, that depends on how relevant the training requirements are to the job. If the training is relevant to actual performance....and no woman can meet those training standards, they'd already be a disadvantage to their unit.

So her advantage would have to match that disadvantage just to break even. And given that only relevant differences between men and women are physical, you would almost certainly be able to find a man with the same advantages she brings to the table....but without the disadvantages to the unit. Making her a poor choice.

Now if the training wasn't relevant to performance in the field, then its a completely different story. I work with the assumption that Navy Seals and Army Rangers know more about their own training requirements than I do.

In most instances, its irrelevant. A bullet fired from a rifle doesn't give a shit about the chromosomes of the person who pulled the trigger. Same with a tank shell, drone missile, destroyer gun, or fighter's bomb.

In most instances, its irrelevant. A bullet fired from a rifle doesn't give a shit about the chromosomes of the person who pulled the trigger. Same with a tank shell, drone missile, destroyer gun, or fighter's bomb.

Yeah but special forces is a whole new ball game. When they go on ops they NEED to be able to depend on each team member

My buddy did this last year and it was pretty rough. I guess the physical tasks themselves aren't that difficult but it is the lack of sleep that you get before these tasks that is problematic.

Forum List

Back