All You Need to Know About Irrational "Self-Defense" Laws in Three Pictures

All You Need to Know About Irrational "Self-Defense" Laws in Three Pictures

628x471.jpg

That's Ezekiel Gilbert. He was acquitted yesterday in the murder of Lenora Ivie Frago, who had taken $150 from Gilbert for sex and then refused to have sex with him or give him the money back. So he shot her, not wanting to kill her (and it did take her a few months to die). But because Texas allows people to use deadly force in order to retrieve stolen property (and because the sex did not occur, despite prostitution being illegal, the money was considered stolen), Gilbert, for lack of a better phrase, got off.

That's Ralph Wald. He was acquitted last week for the murder of Walter Conley. Conley had been in the middle of having sex with Wald's wife, so, like any reasonable person, Wald claimed that he assumed his wife was being raped and shot Conley dead. His defense was Florida's Stand Your Ground law, which allows anyone who believes that he or she is facing danger in his or her home to use deadly force. Wald said his wife was in danger, so he shot first and asked questions later. Oh, wait, actually he didn't do that last part. He told police he was glad the guy was dead.

That's Marissa Alexander. Last year, in Jacksonville, Florida, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a shot in the air to warn her husband, Rico Gray, to back off her. He had been arrested previously for domestic violence against her, beating her when she was pregnant, and on that day in 2010, he "approached her in a rage" when Alexander drove up to their house to get clothes. She was trying to move out and get away from Gray. Before she fired the shot, he had chased her through the house, broken down a door to get at her, and cornered her in the garage. The judge said she should have fled instead of firing twice into the air. At trial, her Stand Your Ground defense was rejected because the jury did not believe she faced imminent danger. She was convicted of aggravated assault and given the mandatory sentence. She is still in prison.

Look at the pictures. Here's your homework assignment. See if you can figure it out: What is different about Alexander?

Update: Several rude readers have pointed out that Alexander was not necessarily the innocent victim her defenders maker her out to be, as if that invalidates the point here. Nope, sorry. She's in jail for 20 years for firing a gun and harming no one. Wald and Gilbert are free after murdering people and using bad laws to shield them from punishment of any sort.

These laws should be repealed.

This is absolutley the dumbest thing I have ever read?

Should I go back and dig up the threads about Marissa from when she was charged, and point out all the idiots who are now arguing in favor of abolishing the laws that she was wrong?

Instead of repealing self defense laws because idiots are racist why not take away the ability of the state to charge someone with any crime if they fire at someone inside their own home? Doesn't it make more sense to not be able to charge the Alexander's of the world with a crime simply because the prosecutor is up for reelection and wants to score points with idiots, even if you are one of the idiots?

o damn it really takes 3 pages to say

being white isnt a bad thing but being black is....

come on people.....the white men walked on murder...the black woman got jail for what?

The race card is so old. Don't even bother.
There is no more racism in America? Is that what you're saying?

Racism is alive and well in America, here is proof.

Corey on Alexander Case: Get your facts straight|Action News - Jacksonville News, Weather & Sports - ActionNewsJax.com

"
The State says the evidence was clear. Alexander fired at her husband and his two young children. They showed the jury pictures of bullet holes in the walls of their home that prove their point.

Prosecutor David Thompson said, "There was no warning shot into the ceiling."

Please don't confuse 'em with facts. You'll kill their buzz and they won't be able to run around holding their heads and yelling, "OMG! OMG!" :D

LOL. The gun nutters are upset even though she went to the house thinking he wasn't around. Seeing him there, SHE LEFT THE HOUSE, WENT TO HER CAR, GOT A GUN, WENT BACK INSIDE AND DISCHARGED THE GUN. Nothing improper there, no siree.

Then, making this more delightful, THE JUDGE SAID HE' D HAVE GIVEN A LIGHTER SENTENCE BUT THE MADATORY SENTENCING LAW DRAFTED BY A GOPER AND SIGNED BY ..... Anyone? Anyone? .... JEB GAVE THE JUDGE NO OPTION.

Woman goes to jail for 20 years for firing warning shots against an abusive husband, against which she had an ORDER OF PROTECTION.

Ok this is when you know there's a Gun Grabbing Agenda:

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

Apparently she would have EASILY acquitted if she shot and killed hi and was able to prove he was a threat...

What goes up, will come down; if it come down on your head or your child's you might think differently.

Joe Horn, Huston Texas.

Murdered two men who were stealing from his neighbors house. Claimed the stand your ground defense and was never indicted .

The 1st time I heard the 911 tape, I was stunned.

I love search.

Yeah, she was in fear of her life. That's why when she was out on bond she went to his house and beat him up.:rolleyes:

Marissa and Horn are the same person!? :eek:
Good to see you've given up on your position that it is inherently wrong to kill someone.

Good to see you've given up on your position that it is inherently wrong to kill someone.
I have no desire to argue how killing someone is wrong with you.
No.... how killing someone is inherently wrong.
You believe that it is, but you know you cannot put forth a sound argument to that effect.
I therefore graciously accept your surrender.
:cool:
It depends on what you mean. You can look at it that killing is inherently wrong. But there are justifying circumstances, like war and self defense. Or that killing is not inherently wrong but some circumstances are criminal, e.g. murder.

Joe Horn, Huston Texas.

Murdered two men who were stealing from his neighbors house. Claimed the stand your ground defense and was never indicted .

The 1st time I heard the 911 tape, I was stunned.

I love search.

Yeah, she was in fear of her life. That's why when she was out on bond she went to his house and beat him up.:rolleyes:

Marissa and Horn are the same person!? :eek:

Not that I know of.

If you have a beef with our jury system then you need to take it up with the judge. After all the juries heard the evidence and made their decisions. You can always start an appeal fund if you chose.

A verdict of 'not guilty' is not appealed.

I will put it as succinctly as I can:

(Disclaimer: I will not do, nor will I encourage this behavior, it is set out as a means to an end.)

If a liberal says self-defense is "irrational", punch them in the face. If they punch you back, then ask "I thought you said self defense was irrational?" If a liberal insists on saying self-defense is "irrational", burglarize their home, and if they pull a gun on you, ask "I thought you said self-defense was irrational?"

Last edited:

(Disclaimer: I will not do, nor will I encourage this behavior, it is set out as a means to an end.)

If a liberal says self-defense is "irrational", punch them in the face. If they punch you back, then ask "I thought you said self defense was irrational?" If a liberal insists on saying self-defense is "irrational", burglarize their home, and if they pull a gun on you, ask "I thought you said self-defense was irrational?"
Flaw:
Any liberal that believes self-defense is irrational will not have a gun.

Flaw:
Any liberal that believes self-defense is irrational will not have a gun.

Not necessarily. Liberals are pretty irrational.

Forum List

Back