All You Need to Know About Irrational "Self-Defense" Laws in Three Pictures

SO three bad cases (and the third was not a bad case at all. She deserved jail time) mean we ought to repeal all self defense laws.
The crazy runs deep here.

The ones on the books now? Yes. Re-write them, and ensure guidelines and rules for when it can be invoked.

All You Need to Know About Irrational "Self-Defense" Laws in Three Pictures

628x471.jpg

That's Ezekiel Gilbert. He was acquitted yesterday in the murder of Lenora Ivie Frago, who had taken $150 from Gilbert for sex and then refused to have sex with him or give him the money back. So he shot her, not wanting to kill her (and it did take her a few months to die). But because Texas allows people to use deadly force in order to retrieve stolen property (and because the sex did not occur, despite prostitution being illegal, the money was considered stolen), Gilbert, for lack of a better phrase, got off.

That's Ralph Wald. He was acquitted last week for the murder of Walter Conley. Conley had been in the middle of having sex with Wald's wife, so, like any reasonable person, Wald claimed that he assumed his wife was being raped and shot Conley dead. His defense was Florida's Stand Your Ground law, which allows anyone who believes that he or she is facing danger in his or her home to use deadly force. Wald said his wife was in danger, so he shot first and asked questions later. Oh, wait, actually he didn't do that last part. He told police he was glad the guy was dead.

That's Marissa Alexander. Last year, in Jacksonville, Florida, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a shot in the air to warn her husband, Rico Gray, to back off her. He had been arrested previously for domestic violence against her, beating her when she was pregnant, and on that day in 2010, he "approached her in a rage" when Alexander drove up to their house to get clothes. She was trying to move out and get away from Gray. Before she fired the shot, he had chased her through the house, broken down a door to get at her, and cornered her in the garage. The judge said she should have fled instead of firing twice into the air. At trial, her Stand Your Ground defense was rejected because the jury did not believe she faced imminent danger. She was convicted of aggravated assault and given the mandatory sentence. She is still in prison.

Look at the pictures. Here's your homework assignment. See if you can figure it out: What is different about Alexander?

Update: Several rude readers have pointed out that Alexander was not necessarily the innocent victim her defenders maker her out to be, as if that invalidates the point here. Nope, sorry. She's in jail for 20 years for firing a gun and harming no one. Wald and Gilbert are free after murdering people and using bad laws to shield them from punishment of any sort.

These laws should be repealed.

What about this guy? Got away with murder because of his skin color. :cool:

images

He got away with murder because he was rich, famous, and could afford the best legal team money could buy.

And because the jury consisted of 9 Blacks, 1 hispanic and two whites. :cool:

I suppose we should just put all gun owners in jail and be done with it. Those pesky juries do get in the way of justice, don't they?

We need liberals, who are much smarter than we, to decide things for us. Then all will be well.

Face it. We don't deserve to own guns. Only government employees should own them because they work for the government and the government is our friend.

Did this thread have anything to do with taking away people's guns? I'm confused. I thought it had to do with changing what the op considers bad laws. Maybe I misunderstood the op's post.

Apparently, the 2nd Amendment is a bad law.

Go figure.
Where does the OP talk about the 2nd amendment being bad law...or about the 2nd amendment at all?

SO three bad cases (and the third was not a bad case at all. She deserved jail time) mean we ought to repeal all self defense laws.
The crazy runs deep here.
The ones on the books now? Yes. Re-write them, and ensure guidelines and rules for when it can be invoked.
Your ignorance and idiocy runs deep.
The legal parameters of self-defense is well-defined in every state; anyone who doesn't think so is in dire need of a clue.

images

He got away with murder because he was rich, famous, and could afford the best legal team money could buy.

I agree with both of you.

Add:

• an inept prosecution from Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden
  • incompetence by the LAPD detectives like Furmann, who also had a racist past
  • a judge who was steamrolled and couldn't maintain control of his courtroom
  • unethical 'expert' testimony, in my opinion.

:cool:
Joe Horn, Huston Texas.

Murdered two men who were stealing from his neighbors house. Claimed the stand your ground defense and was never indicted .

The 1st time I heard the 911 tape, I was stunned.

Thats 'Houston'.
I would love to have Joe Horn as a neighbor. He's a hero here in Texas.

Of course he is......in Texas.

Yep we got less faggots, pussified metro sexuals, fat sweaty bull dykes here in Texas, we keep all that riff raff down in Austin or kick there asses back to California.

Joe Horn, Huston Texas.

Murdered two men who were stealing from his neighbors house. Claimed the stand your ground defense and was never indicted .

TX law allows the use of deadly force in defense of property - yours, or, say, your neighbor's.
Texas Gun Laws - Use of Force and Deadly Force - Self Defense
Sec 9.41/9.42/9.43
Thus, he did not murder anyone.

Well he murdered the guy but it was justifiable under Texas law. It is a positive defense to the charge. Just like all other self defense cases.

Joe Horn, Huston Texas.

TX law allows the use of deadly force in defense of property - yours, or, say, your neighbor's.
Sec 9.41/9.42/9.43
I'm well aware why the murderer got off. That doesn't make it right.

He was safe inside his home with the proper authorities on the way. In fact, the police got there as he was murdering the 2 men. He willfully chose to kill two men.

I hope their deaths rest heavy on his conscience, although since I've heard the 911 tape I highly doubt he feels a twinge about their deaths.

images

:rolleyes:

Convenient how you left off the culture of mistrust of the police at the time and how badly the cops botched the evidence.

Joe Horn, Huston Texas.

Sec 9.41/9.42/9.43
I'm well aware why the murderer got off.
He got off because he didnt break the law.

That doesn't make it right.
In the eyes of the law, it does.

And so, to call him a murderer is to commit slander.

Sec 9.41/9.42/9.43
I'm well aware why the murderer got off.
He got off because he didnt break the law.

That doesn't make it right.
In the eyes of the law, it does.

And so, to call him a murderer is to commit slander.
You're correct, I should have used the word killer.

Killing people for your neighbor is being a "good neighbor"?

And here I thought it was called vigilantism.

Stopping a criminal act is being a good neighbor.. and if they do not comply with getting into the submissive position, being restrained, and waiting for law enforcement.. and they try any aggressive move and try and flee the scene, additional force can be used... and if it means that they make an aggressive move that makes it necessary to use force that may be deadly, so be it

As stated.. I catch one and they comply with getting on their stomach with their hands behind their head.. they will have zero problems... well.. they may have some problems with law enforcement and the legal system, but that is a whole other can of worms

The post didn't say "stopping a criminal act" -- it said "shoot" him.
Nice try.

But just remember... we do NOT have a gun culture. Nosiree bob.

Nobody would think that killing someone 'for your neighbor' is a good thing.. as in not stopping a criminal act, but just shooting for the sake of shooting.. oops, Damn Girl Scouts Selling Again... BLAM.. :rolleyes:

The subject is to whether it is ok to both protect you and your property as well as that of your neighbor.. which it SHOULD BE perfectly fine... I will stick up for, and protect my neighbors.. even if it means having to use my firearms to subdue those trying to steal from or do my neighbors harm... because, unlike what libbies like to think, police cannot be everywhere nor should we have a police force large enough to be everywhere... we are our first line of defense, police or not...

Forum List

Back