All You Need to Know About Irrational "Self-Defense" Laws in Three Pictures

I don't know the specifics of each story, all I know is that Progressives are pathological liars, so there is probably something not entirely accurate about how these stories were portrayed

Third case, the woman was not in fear of death or severe bodily harm, as witnessed by the fact that she did not shoot the man but shot into the ceiling. If she was not in fear of death or severe bodily harm she could not use deadly force. But she did and put the man in such fear. That constituted assault and so she was rightly jailed.

So, because she chose to scare him instead of kill him proves she wasn't in fear of her life? And if somebody was being burglarized, but only pointed the gun at the burglar to scare them, instead of shooting them would that be illegal? Is it only legal if you shoot them, or shoot them in the back as they are fleeing? If you answered yes to any of those, you need psychiatric help.

Joe Horn, Huston Texas.

Murdered two men who were stealing from his neighbors house. Claimed the stand your ground defense and was never indicted .

The 1st time I heard the 911 tape, I was stunned.

Thats 'Houston'.
I would love to have Joe Horn as a neighbor. He's a hero here in Texas.

A hero to who?

Well he's obviously not a hero to would be burglars now is he?
I would have thought you'd be able to figure that out without guidance ....apparently not.

I don't know the specifics of each story, all I know is that Progressives are pathological liars, so there is probably something not entirely accurate about how these stories were portrayed

Third case, the woman was not in fear of death or severe bodily harm, as witnessed by the fact that she did not shoot the man but shot into the ceiling. If she was not in fear of death or severe bodily harm she could not use deadly force. But she did and put the man in such fear. That constituted assault and so she was rightly jailed.

So, because she chose to scare him instead of kill him proves she wasn't in fear of her life? And if somebody was being burglarized, but only pointed the gun at the burglar to scare them, instead of shooting them would that be illegal? Is it only legal if you shoot them, or shoot them in the back as they are fleeing? If you answered yes to any of those, you need psychiatric help.

Pointing a gun to scare someone is illegal and known as brandishing. Or perhaps assault.
You really need some lessons in self defense laws so you dont sound totally stupid.

Ralph Wald didn't do anything wrong and deserves to go free.

The guy with the hooker should be in jail. 20 years for the woman is ridiculous - especially since no one was hurt.

But to pull race into this is a complete joke since our nation's president and highest law enforcement officer are both black. That's a fact race baitors like the OP conveniently forget about when doing their thing.

628x471.jpg

That's Ezekiel Gilbert. He was acquitted yesterday in the murder of Lenora Ivie Frago, who had taken $150 from Gilbert for sex and then refused to have sex with him or give him the money back. So he shot her, not wanting to kill her (and it did take her a few months to die). But because Texas allows people to use deadly force in order to retrieve stolen property (and because the sex did not occur, despite prostitution being illegal, the money was considered stolen), Gilbert, for lack of a better phrase, got off.

That's Ralph Wald. He was acquitted last week for the murder of Walter Conley. Conley had been in the middle of having sex with Wald's wife, so, like any reasonable person, Wald claimed that he assumed his wife was being raped and shot Conley dead. His defense was Florida's Stand Your Ground law, which allows anyone who believes that he or she is facing danger in his or her home to use deadly force. Wald said his wife was in danger, so he shot first and asked questions later. Oh, wait, actually he didn't do that last part. He told police he was glad the guy was dead.

That's Marissa Alexander. Last year, in Jacksonville, Florida, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a shot in the air to warn her husband, Rico Gray, to back off her. He had been arrested previously for domestic violence against her, beating her when she was pregnant, and on that day in 2010, he "approached her in a rage" when Alexander drove up to their house to get clothes. She was trying to move out and get away from Gray. Before she fired the shot, he had chased her through the house, broken down a door to get at her, and cornered her in the garage. The judge said she should have fled instead of firing twice into the air. At trial, her Stand Your Ground defense was rejected because the jury did not believe she faced imminent danger. She was convicted of aggravated assault and given the mandatory sentence. She is still in prison.

Look at the pictures. Here's your homework assignment. See if you can figure it out: What is different about Alexander?

Update: Several rude readers have pointed out that Alexander was not necessarily the innocent victim her defenders maker her out to be, as if that invalidates the point here. Nope, sorry. She's in jail for 20 years for firing a gun and harming no one. Wald and Gilbert are free after murdering people and using bad laws to shield them from punishment of any sort.

These laws should be repealed.

Assuming that every detail in this post is correct. Don't you think it is the unequal application of the law that needs fixed? Considering that Florida is dominated by Democrats, at least by their recent voting, then shouldn't what appears to be an unfair ruling be the issue?

Pointing a gun to scare someone is illegal and known as brandishing. Or perhaps assault.
You really need some lessons in self defense laws so you dont sound totally stupid.

Even if the person you are scaring is an intruder? Sounds like a non-violent deterrent to me. If the only legal way to brandish a firearm is with violent intent then I would say our self defense laws need changed.

The woman in the 3rd story got such a long sentence because of mandatory sentencing. She should have taken the plea deal.

She had an argument with her boyfriend, went into the garage and got a gun, came back into the house and shot at him. She said it was a "warning shot" the children and the boyfriend testified that she aimed at him and the hole from the bullet was consistent with their story.

Then while out on bail for this and awaiting trial, she went to his house and assaulted him.

Thats 'Houston'.
I would love to have Joe Horn as a neighbor. He's a hero here in Texas.

A hero to who?

I would have thought you'd be able to figure that out without guidance ....apparently not.

So now Stand Your Ground applies to your neighbors as well? Does it also apply to somebody living in a completely different neighborhood? If not, what is the difference? If so, when did we make vigilantism legal?

The woman who got 20 years should have gotten 20 years. That's what people who shoot into the air get in California. Shooting a gun into the air is INCREDIBLY dangerous. She was lucky that a kid playing in his backyard miles away wasn't killed.

When you shoot into the air, where do you think that bullet goes? To the moon? Shooting into the air is shooting randomly and shows a wanton disregard for whoever might be hit. That no one was killed doesn't change the danger posed by randomly shooting into the air. It could easily have ended up like this:

Maryland girl critical from bullet shot in air on New Year's Eve - CBS News

CBS Baltimore affiliate WJZ reports the girl is on life support after getting shot in the head in Elkton after someone fired a gun into the air at midnight.

Amish girl killed by falling bullet - shot over a mile away - Mirror Online
A TEENAGER has died in a freak accident after she was hit in the head by a bullet fired into the air from ONE-AND-A-HALF MILES away

Of COURSE Alexander should have gotten 20 years and a lenient sentence it was too.

Gun psychos run from this thread. :lol:

The guy should be in jail... for murder..

Property 'stolen', where the property was used in a criminal activity by the person holding the property.. I don't think it fits the spirit of the self defense law... and most other 'gun psychos' would most likely agree

But your use of this as a statement against 'gun psychos' shows your bullshit ulterior motive and agenda

A hero to who?

So now Stand Your Ground applies to your neighbors as well? Does it also apply to somebody living in a completely different neighborhood? If not, what is the difference? If so, when did we make vigilantism legal?

I catch a burglar or other criminal coming out of my neighbor's house and I will take their miserable life away from them as well if they come toward me (or anyone else) or try and run away.. and they will know that they can live if they lay down with their hands behind their heads and wait for law enforcement to come and start processing them into the system

If anyone would not do the same for their neighbors, I feel sorry for them.. and for their neighborhood

Does this condone going across town or our of town to somehow stop a felony that is in progress?? No.. but I did not think we had near-light-speed travel to make that possible

628x471.jpg

That's Ezekiel Gilbert. He was acquitted yesterday in the murder of Lenora Ivie Frago, who had taken $150 from Gilbert for sex and then refused to have sex with him or give him the money back. So he shot her, not wanting to kill her (and it did take her a few months to die). But because Texas allows people to use deadly force in order to retrieve stolen property (and because the sex did not occur, despite prostitution being illegal, the money was considered stolen), Gilbert, for lack of a better phrase, got off.

That's Ralph Wald. He was acquitted last week for the murder of Walter Conley. Conley had been in the middle of having sex with Wald's wife, so, like any reasonable person, Wald claimed that he assumed his wife was being raped and shot Conley dead. His defense was Florida's Stand Your Ground law, which allows anyone who believes that he or she is facing danger in his or her home to use deadly force. Wald said his wife was in danger, so he shot first and asked questions later. Oh, wait, actually he didn't do that last part. He told police he was glad the guy was dead.

That's Marissa Alexander. Last year, in Jacksonville, Florida, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a shot in the air to warn her husband, Rico Gray, to back off her. He had been arrested previously for domestic violence against her, beating her when she was pregnant, and on that day in 2010, he "approached her in a rage" when Alexander drove up to their house to get clothes. She was trying to move out and get away from Gray. Before she fired the shot, he had chased her through the house, broken down a door to get at her, and cornered her in the garage. The judge said she should have fled instead of firing twice into the air. At trial, her Stand Your Ground defense was rejected because the jury did not believe she faced imminent danger. She was convicted of aggravated assault and given the mandatory sentence. She is still in prison.

Look at the pictures. Here's your homework assignment. See if you can figure it out: What is different about Alexander?

Update: Several rude readers have pointed out that Alexander was not necessarily the innocent victim her defenders maker her out to be, as if that invalidates the point here. Nope, sorry. She's in jail for 20 years for firing a gun and harming no one. Wald and Gilbert are free after murdering people and using bad laws to shield them from punishment of any sort.

These laws should be repealed.

oj simpson got away with murdering two white people so cry us a fucking river why don't ewe?

I catch a burglar or other criminal coming out of my neighbor's house and I will take their miserable life away from them as well if they come toward me (or anyone else) or try and run away.. and they will know that they can live if they lay down with their hands behind their heads and wait for law enforcement to come and start processing them into the system

If anyone would not do the same for their neighbors, I feel sorry for them.. and for their neighborhood

Does this condone going across town or our of town to somehow stop a felony that is in progress?? No.. but I did not think we had near-light-speed travel to make that possible

Would you be pointing your gun at them to make them comply with waiting for law enforcement? According to The Rabbi that would be brandishing.

Interesting - so if she shot him she'd probably walk free? The whole account sounds very strange and dubious to be honest. Still, if it's true, the whole justice system is riddled with errors and ludicrous loopholes.

A hero to who?

Would I want my neighbor to shoot someone who was obviously breaking into my home? Hell yes !
And I would do the same for him.
Thats what being a good neighbor is all about.

Forum List

Back