Almost 140 serious injuries to Capitol Cops

And that isn't justification for a shooting by officers. "Pour encouragement les autres" is a soviet tactic, but not a viable police use of force explanation.
The threat changes when it’s one person versus a mob.

This shouldn’t need explanation.

No, right now when a republican is in office they will try to disrupt any policy that is implemented, because the civil service is overwhelmingly now progressive and democratic.

If only the dems get a loyal civil service how is the system free and fair?
Maybe if you guys stopped doing things that were illegal, unethical or factually incorrect.

I mean, it’s just a suggestion.

And that isn't justification for a shooting by officers. "Pour encouragement les autres" is a soviet tactic, but not a viable police use of force explanation.
The threat changes when it’s one person versus a mob.

This shouldn’t need explanation.

Please show me the rules of deadly force that says you can kill one mob member to discourage other mob members.

No, right now when a republican is in office they will try to disrupt any policy that is implemented, because the civil service is overwhelmingly now progressive and democratic.

If only the dems get a loyal civil service how is the system free and fair?
Maybe if you guys stopped doing things that were illegal, unethical or factually incorrect.

I mean, it’s just a suggestion.

How about you stop calling policy disagreements illegal, unethical or factually incorrect?

I get it your side is the only right side, what a self centered prick you are.

Please show me the rules of deadly force that says you can kill one mob member to discourage other mob members.
Obviously a mob of people is more dangerous than one person. No?

That has nothing to do with use of deadly force regulations.

And again, there were far more heavily armed cops on the same side as the "mob", and they weren't even aiming their weapons at the people near them.

How about you stop calling policy disagreements illegal, unethical or factually incorrect?
Ah, so you just want people who disagree to be silenced. Gotcha.

Sorry, don’t think so. People aren’t going to keep their mouths shut just to protect the fragile ego of a dumb ass like Trump. Especially when it comes to things like hurricanes.

Sorry, don’t think so. People aren’t going to keep their mouths shut just to protect the fragile ego of a dumb ass like Trump. Especially when it comes to things like hurricanes.

What do you mean silenced? They should do their fucking job and bitch about policy disagreements on their own fucking time.

They also shouldn't speak for the government unless saying something approved by the duly elected person holding office or their other political appointees.

Of course it does. Deadly force is justifiable based on the threat one faces.

It has to be a specific lethal threat or bodily harm threat.

20 black guys robbing a store and one tries to jump out a window towards a cop, the cop can shoot him to make sure the other guys know the cop means business?

What do you mean silenced? They should do their fucking job and bitch about policy disagreements on their own fucking time.

They also shouldn't speak for the government unless saying something approved by the duly elected person holding office or their other political appointees.
You’re silencing people from expressing their opinions on government policy. That’s screwed up.

So you think the forecasters at the NWS have to ask Trump’s permission before telling the people in Alabama that a hurricane isn’t going to hit them? That’s the dumbest idea you’ve had in this thread and that’s saying something.

You really are trying to turn the country into a shitty authoritarian state.

20 black guys robbing a store and one tries to jump out a window towards a cop, the cop can shoot him to make sure the other guys know the cop means business?
No. He shoots the guy because he’s coming at the cop and presents an immediate threat to him.

In addition to the cop who died after having his skull crushed with a fire extinguisher, the injuries include brain, cracked ribs, smashed spinal discs, eye issues (one about to lose an eye) and one officer stabbed with a metal fence stake. To make matters worse, another one committed suicide yesterday. And yet, Republicans yet defend Donald and his murderous insurrectionist mob. Sad :confused:

Wow. That sounds like a lot from one little riot.;

How many were there from the hundreds of riots over the last two years from the Left?

You’re silencing people from expressing their opinions on government policy. That’s screwed up.

So you think the forecasters at the NWS have to ask Trump’s permission before telling the people in Alabama that a hurricane isn’t going to hit them? That’s the dumbest idea you’ve had in this thread and that’s saying something.

You really are trying to turn the country into a shitty authoritarian state.

I am telling them to do their fucking jobs and bitch on their own time.

Sorry, but if 90% of the civil service is held by dems, how is that fair to Republicans?

It's not about those forecasters, it's about the leaks, about the lack of cooperation, about the overall "resistance" that was going on in the civil service.

You work for the government, you may have to implement policies you don't like, or you fucking quit.

How many were there from the hundreds of riots over the last two years from the Left?
There’s not been a riot like this one. Not in modern history. This was a candidate and his supporters trying to overturn an election by violence. It certainly hasn’t happened at the level of president.

No. He shoots the guy because he’s coming at the cop and presents an immediate threat to him.

Unarmed, going through a window is a threat? Coming from a room with far heavier armed police who aren't even aiming their weapons at the other people there?

You are using the "spaghetti on the wall" method of trying to argue this, just throwing things and seeing what sticks.

You talk about not being able to admit when a side is wrong, and you are doing just that right here.

Talk about fucking ignorant.

There’s not been a riot like this one. Not in modern history. This was a candidate and his supporters trying to overturn an election by violence. It certainly hasn’t happened at the level of president.

Wow, talk about hyperbole, lefties tried to explode senators decades ago and some Bernie bro actually fucking shot representatives just because they were republicans.

But this is the end of the fucking world and requires a police state to fix......

Are you actually reading what you type, you wanna-be Benito hack?

How many protesters were in that one hallway? How many officers were in that one hallway?
From the officers vantage point, it could have been dozens and dozens and dozens. He didn’t ask them for a head count. The officer knew hundreds of violent protestors were inside the Capitol. He knew that people were attacking officers.

So that means he was justified in shooting the one woman?

Really?

Try that at any other police interaction and see where that gets you.
He only had to shoot one person to keep the rest out. Had any others tried to gain access to the House chamber at that point, they too would have been shot.

I didn't say that was justification. That was the result. The justification was protecting the lawmakers in the room behind him.

I said nothing about it being "like it". I was asking about how many cops were hurt over the last two years, in the far more numerous riots from the other side.

i mean, the issue is the large number of cops injured. IF the number of cops injured in a few hours is so high, it must be tens of thousands over the last two years.

You guys must feel terrible about that, right?

From the video I saw it looks like a bad shoot. Again, the one glaring thing was the presence of heavily armed officers on the SAME SIDE OF THE DOOR as the woman shot.
All that needs to be proven is that a rational person would have reasonable fear that the violent mob on the other side of the door presented an imminent danger to the officers and Congress members who were vastly outnumbered.

There is no real case against him.

Trump should apologize to her family for poisoning her mind.

He shot one unarmed woman that was trying to go through a door, and there were other officers on the same side as her.

I think the most glaring thing is he could have hit the other officers.
What difference does it make that there were other officers on her side of the door? How did they prevent her from trying to gain access to lawmakers on the other side?

It kind of hurts the whole "I was in fear for my life" argument about how the shooting was justified.

Armed cops on the same side as her not shooting her, one cop on the other side shooting her.
I don't believe he was in fear for his own life. He was protecting the lawmakers in the chamber behind him.

Which ones specifically? You can't shoot someone because they might 5 minutes later attack a person.

Do you even know deadly force regulations?
I don't have a list of the names of the lawmakers still hiding inside the House chamber. And it wasn't 5 minutes later. Ashli Targetpractice was probably less than 10 feet away from that cop and that cop was standing in the doorway leading to the House chamber. Had she not been put down, we're talking seconds to gain access to the chamber, not minutes.

Forum List

Back