Almost 80 million with employer health care plans could have coverage canceled

If those plans aren't up to aca regulation specs, how do you reconcile that they will be allowed to keep their plans? I cover 49 employees and the plan that I have offered, through a small business pact with several other owners, doesn't satisfy those standards.

I have explained this the umpteen other times this rumor has come up.

But first, you have less than 50 full time employees, so you are not subject to the employer mandate.

For those who are subject to the mandate, they will have two choices IF they lose their grandfather status and IF they have more than 50 full time employees and IF they do not meet the ACA standards.

The first option will be to improve their plans. This will result in employees having BETTER coverage than they did before. Yay!

The second option will be to stop sponsoring insurance for their employees. This is the dreaded "cancelled policies". It will be nowhere near 80 million people.

In this stuation, the employer will be assessed a fine which will be used toward the insurance their employees will get through an insurance exchange. So, again, the employees will have BETTER coverage than they did before. Yay!

For many, if not most, employees who get insurance through their employer, their workplace insurance plans already exceed the ACA requirements before there even was such a thing as the ACA. For these people, if their employer loses their grandfather status, it will have no effect. Which is why I have said in every topic about this is that people just need to go and speak with their HR department to see if I tell the truth. They will quickly discover Fox News is full of shit.

That's still not reconciliation. I knew that much. Again, differing coverages will be subjected to higher premiums and deductibles based on what is offered in these plans. Prices will rise. Who is to say what I should or should not have in my plan? Apparently, govt does and has mandated that the individual pay a higher premium for such coverage.....even if he/she does not want it. There's nothing yay about that.

I am totally with you on being against the government mandating what benefits an employer must provide to their employees. It's totally bogus.

Not only that, it will bend the cost curve up even more. Employer sponsored health insurance is a gigantic boondoggle. ObamaCare should not be further entrenching it. If we really want to reform the cost of healthcare in America, employer-sponsored health insurance needs to go away.

If those plans aren't up to aca regulation specs, how do you reconcile that they will be allowed to keep their plans? I cover 49 employees and the plan that I have offered, through a small business pact with several other owners, doesn't satisfy those standards.

But first, you have less than 50 full time employees, so you are not subject to the employer mandate.

For those who are subject to the mandate, they will have two choices IF they lose their grandfather status and IF they have more than 50 full time employees and IF they do not meet the ACA standards.

The first option will be to improve their plans. This will result in employees having BETTER coverage than they did before. Yay!

The second option will be to stop sponsoring insurance for their employees. This is the dreaded "cancelled policies". It will be nowhere near 80 million people.

In this stuation, the employer will be assessed a fine which will be used toward the insurance their employees will get through an insurance exchange. So, again, the employees will have BETTER coverage than they did before. Yay!

For many, if not most, employees who get insurance through their employer, their workplace insurance plans already exceed the ACA requirements before there even was such a thing as the ACA. For these people, if their employer loses their grandfather status, it will have no effect. Which is why I have said in every topic about this is that people just need to go and speak with their HR department to see if I tell the truth. They will quickly discover Fox News is full of shit.

This is virtually all complete bullshit, but assuming it is true for a second, it raises one major question.

Is Obama a liar or not? I like my employer based plan. I want to keep it. I do not need some assholes in Washington telling me what I want or need.

So can I keep my employer based plan?

You may not keep your plan, young man
You may not keep your non-Sam plan
You may buy a 'better' one
Covering everything under the sun
It will cost more, more than you can pay
But you will like, you will like it today
You will like because that is what I say!

Sincerely, barack "I lied" obama

Sure it has relevance if you're going around saying that people will lose their plan and they are getting another one.

Lies by omission

Except it isn't. There is no guarantee that an employer will be able to afford the new plan. There is no guarantee that the plan will be "better". The ONLY guarantee at this juncture, is that if you liked your plan, you can not keep your plan. Period.

But its possible all those things can and will happen so stop telling half the story if you want to look the least bit credible

So the best you've got at this point, Closed...is that it's "possible" that the millions of Americans that will be losing their healthcare coverage will like their ACA alternative? Sorry to point out the obvious here but isn't also "possible" that they won't like or be able to afford that new ACA alternative? How did we pass something that we don't have a clue what it's going to do? Who was in charge of this fiasco...and why did they press ahead with something that was so obviously flawed?

Some things you might find useful:

The small business Health Care Tax Credit helps small employers afford the cost of health care coverage for their employees and is specifically targeted for those employers with low- and moderate-income workers. The credit is designed to encourage small employers to offer health insurance coverage for the first time or maintain coverage they already have

Open for enrollment now, small employers with generally up to 50 employees will have access to the new health care insurance marketplaces through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP). Currently, small businesses may pay on average 18% more than big businesses for health insurance because of administrative costs. SHOP offers small employers increased purchasing power to obtain a better choice of high-quality coverage at a lower cost. Costs are lowered because small employers can pool their risk. To enroll, eligible employers must have an office within the service area of the SHOP and offer SHOP coverage to all full-time employees. In 2016, employers with up to 100 employees will be able to participate in SHOP.

SBA.gov

I've checked that out and am looking into an intermediary way of offering health insurance to my employees by circumventing the aca. I've hired legal counsel and so far its looks like it may be possible. Im about to cross the threshold of 50.

Funny, yet again, you've completely overlooked the elephant in the room, g5000;

THE COST OF UPGRADING THESE PLANS.

It's as though you WANT to leave this important morsel out because when you add it in, it becomes a little more clear whether or not what you're saying is true.

SO, what happens when employers can not afford to"upgrade" the group plans to become compliant? When these individuals now have to go to the exchange, where they are likely to experience what individuals are experiencing now - price increases they can not afford?

What then? Suck an egg? Eat cake?

And your personal assessment on how many people are going to become casualties to Obama Tax is irrelevant. 80 million is a lot. But even if 1 million people lose their plan, well, that's just tough shit, right? Pay more! Oh, what you can not afford more? Eat cake!

Dude. I have said many, many times on this forum that ObamaCare is going to bankrupt our country.

But when we observe RomneyCare, the foundation of ObamaCare, the results I have stated are true. Employer sponsored health insurance actually rose from 70 percent before RomneyCare to 77 percent after.

Which makes this 80 million thing completely bogus.

Not only that, the Obama Administration never said anything about employers cancelling policies in the tens of millions in the Federal Register. So Fox News is blatantly lying.

Bury Obama with the facts and the truth, not a giant steaming pile of lies which destroy your credibility and integrity! These dishonest tactics frustrate me to no end. They are undermining the cause of conservatism.

Last edited:
I for the life of me can not understand what is going through the head of someone who doesn't take into account whether or not someone can actually afford to "improve" or "upgrade" from their current plan. Whether that be an individual or a group, or an employer.

it's like the twilight zone with this.

That is not the topic. The topic is Fox News claiming the Obama Adminstration said up to 80 million people would have their employer's insurance cancelled.

That is a lie.

A bald-faced lie. A lie wrapped in a lie, with lie filling.

If you want to start another topic about how expensive ObamaCare is going to be, I will be right there singing in harmony with you, with plenty of links and charts! Let's bash ObamaCare to pieces with the truth. :D

Last edited:
You know g5000 is so completely full of shit it is laughable. He calls the OP's thread "bogus," yet he presents no evidence. I call him on it and he says nothing....and he has nothing.

Then he says if your employer based plan gets cancelled you will automatically get something better. I say, "but wait, the President said if I like my plan, I can keep my plan." Is the President a liar?

Again silence.

Any idiot can deny shit or make shit up. This is a message board where you present your opinion or ideas. If you cannot defend them in any way they are basically worthless. Just saying.....

Fox, CNN, The New York Times, Forbes, The National Review, etc are not lying. If you don't like Fox read the link to the National Review story I posted above.

You saying something is not true is worth exactly nothing. Comment on the specifics of the story. Then there can be a real discussion. Otherwise, it is utter bullshit.

Well you do a shit job of explaining ,the above is so full shit its not funny.

So when they lose their employers sponsored they go where? and it cost what??

The first option will be to improve their plans. This will result in employees having BETTER coverage than they did before. Ya

once again at what cost? and who the fuck are you to say whats good and whats not

There is nothing worse than a suck ass its a stupid suck ass.

Back in 2010, the Obama Administration estimated that millions of plans would lose the grandfathered status, making all of Obama's keep your plan statements utter lies.

% of Employer Plans losing grandfathered status in 2013:

Low estimate: 39%
Mid estimate: 51%
High estimate: 69%

boedicca-albums-mo-mo-mo-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6225-grandfathered.jpg

The Magnitude of the Lie | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

If Obama had told the truth, it is highly likely he would not be President today. He lied to get reelected - and even worse, led a scheme to defraud American citizens.

I for the life of me can not understand what is going through the head of someone who doesn't take into account whether or not someone can actually afford to "improve" or "upgrade" from their current plan. Whether that be an individual or a group, or an employer.

it's like the twilight zone with this.

That is not the topic. The topic is Fox News claiming the Obama Adminstration said up to 80 million people would have their employer's insurance cancelled.

That is a lie.

A bald-faced lie. A lie wrapped in a lie, with lie filling.

If you want to start another topic about how expensive ObamaCare is going to be, I will be right there singing in harmony with you, with plenty of links and charts! Let's bash ObamaCare to pieces with the truth. :D

No, it's not a lie. if the current plans aren't grandfathered and the plans are cancelled, then they are cancelled. Whether or not a new plan shows up, costs more, etc...isn't relevant eithe. Which is what you tried to make relevant. The loss of the grandfathering means current plans are cancelled. There is no lie there.

Whether or not an "improved" plan is taken is irrelevant.

Canceled is half the story....Getting a better or cheaper plan is the part they keep forgetting to mention.

Its like if David Blaine took your dollar and turned it into a $20. The OP would title it "David Blaine takes money from audience!"

That really has no relevance. The "shitty, crappy, bad" plan is subjective. My plan doesn't cover everything but it covers what I and my employees need at a lower price than sub par aca plans.

So you feel absolutely sure that no one will have to worry about the things that your insurance policy doesn't cancel? That's the joke about health insurance in the first place.
It's great as long as you can predict and control what will or will not happen....Good luck.

He cannot defend any of the crap he says because the evidence is overwhelming. The Forbes, Fox, and National Review stories are devastating. 50-100 million will lose there employer based insurance when the employer mandate is enforced. That is undeniable. Anyone who is making 140% above the poverty level will likely be paying more, and likely be paying for some coverage they do not need.

That is the undeniable reality. It sucks.

If individuals that had policies had them cancelled because they did not fit Obama's idea of coverage then
of course those that have plans through their employers will have them cancelled as well...

You know g5000 is so completely full of shit it is laughable. He calls the OP's thread "bogus," yet he presents no evidence. I call him on it and he says nothing....and he has nothing.

Then he says if your employer based plan gets cancelled you will automatically get something better. I say, "but wait, the President said if I like my plan, I can keep my plan." Is the President a liar?

Again silence.

Any idiot can deny shit or make shit up. This is a message board where you present your opinion or ideas. If you cannot defend them in any way they are basically worthless. Just saying.....

I referred you to the posts I made with the evidence which solidly debunks Fox News' claim. Even provided a link.

Nice try.

Canceled is half the story....Getting a better or cheaper plan is the part they keep forgetting to mention.

Its like if David Blaine took your dollar and turned it into a $20. The OP would title it "David Blaine takes money from audience!"

That really has no relevance. The "shitty, crappy, bad" plan is subjective. My plan doesn't cover everything but it covers what I and my employees need at a lower price than sub par aca plans.

So you feel absolutely sure that no one will have to worry about the things that your insurance policy doesn't cancel? That's the joke about health insurance in the first place.
It's great as long as you can predict and control what will or will not happen....Good luck.

You can get hit by a passing car tomorrow too, worry wart. That isn't the point and no one has the answers to the risks and dangers of living. You could die of a stroke tomorrow too. Will your insurance plan save your life while you're lying on the bathroom floor with a half a turd pushed out, grabbing your chest? of course it wont.

For the mentally challenged, I will repeat myself. Again.

The FACTS are that, in 2010, the Obama Administration predicted that 40 to 66 percent of businesses which sponsor health insurance for their employees would lose their grandfather status between 2011 and 2013. Those companies which provided health insurance to their employees before the enactment of the ACA were grandfathered from having to meet the minimum requirements of the ACA. But if they substantially changed their polices after enactment, they lost their grandfather status.

Got that? Would lose their grandfather status, NOT cancel their policies. And the period was from 2011 to the end of 2013. That is what the Obama Adminstration was talking about in the federal register. Go and look for yourselves. They never predictied 80 million people would lose their insurance. Faux News is lying to you. Flat out lying.

But then anyone who listens to Faux News deserves to be lied to.

Well, here we are, the end of 2013. A lot of companies have lost their grandfather status. Have 80 million people been disenrolled from employer sponsored health insurance?

Nope.

Have you bothered to go to your HR department and ask about this?

Probably not. Because you think Faux News is telling you the fair and balanced truth. :lol:

Many of you who have employer sponsored insurance may very well be working for a company that has already lost its grandfather status, and yet your company has no intention of cancelling your insurance.

The "experts" who wrote this hack piece of shit don't understand even the simplest workings of this program.

Most companies which sponsor insurance for their employees already provide insurance which EXCEEDS the requirements of the ACA. If they made a change to their policies since the enactment of the ACA, they lost their grandfather status. That DOES NOT automatically imply they will suddenly decide to stop insuring you, and it DOES NOT automatically mean they fall below ACA standards.

Go to your HR department. Don't take the word of Faux News, for chrissakes.

Here is the link to the Federal Register: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2010-06-17/pdf/2010-14488.pdf

Read it, and see for yourselves.

Under this assumption, the Departments’ mid-range estimate is that
66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will
relinquish their grandfather status
by the end of 2013. The low-end estimates
are for 49 percent and 34 percent of small and large employer plans,
respectively, to have relinquished grandfather status, and the high-end
estimates are 80 percent and 64 percent, respectively.

The words "cancel" nor "cancelled" appear anywhere in the Register.

Here is what Fox News just claimed:

In fact, according to the Federal Register, its mid-range estimate was that by the end of 2014, 76 percent of small group plans would be cancelled, along with 55 percent of large employer plans.

You now can see Fox News lied. Flat out lied.

Stop regurgitating the piss of hack media outlets, or else you deserve to be lied to as much as a reader of the National Enquirer, and are just as gullible.

If individuals that had policies had them cancelled because they did not fit Obama's idea of coverage then
of course those that have plans through their employers will have them cancelled as well...

Yup. No difference between the two.

Except it isn't. There is no guarantee that an employer will be able to afford the new plan. There is no guarantee that the plan will be "better". The ONLY guarantee at this juncture, is that if you liked your plan, you can not keep your plan. Period.

But its possible all those things can and will happen so stop telling half the story if you want to look the least bit credible

So the best you've got at this point, Closed...is that it's "possible" that the millions of Americans that will be losing their healthcare coverage will like their ACA alternative? Sorry to point out the obvious here but isn't also "possible" that they won't like or be able to afford that new ACA alternative? How did we pass something that we don't have a clue what it's going to do? Who was in charge of this fiasco...and why did they press ahead with something that was so obviously flawed?

Sure possible means something can happen leaving the door open for events to occur. What you do is try to predict the future "Its gonna be baaaaad" and then invite everyone to all tremble at your predictions that are take out any possibility that is good.

Its leading the witness tactic.

Yes millions may like it, Millions may save....You keep leaving that out to make it more scary.

Any program that affects 300 million people will have flaws. Where do you come from where everything is perfect and nothing needs changing or adjusting?

Of course you set the bar so high that any problems are taken as a TOTAL FAILURE! Why? Because that's how sensationalism works....stop being a drama queen

Forum List

Back