Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

At least Trump is an accomplished rich man, and President of the United States.

Ralph Norton was a good for nothing sewer worker and an imaginary character at that.
Ok, first of all, Norton was not a good for nothing
he was a good guy who worked in the sewers

Norton may have been a character portrayed by an actor
but the sewer worker he portrayed was anything but imaginary

Being rich doesn't mean shit
You can't take it with you when you die
And you can't use money to buy your salvation

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
WOW at least they have a job
We've Crossed The Tipping Point; Most Americans Now Receive Government Benefits
ROFLMFAO

That article is from 2014
Yes exactly that was the point to show how bad it was during your beloved Obama year's were. Have a great day
You have me confused with an Obama lover

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
ROFLMFAO

Yes exactly that was the point to show how bad it was during your beloved Obama year's were. Have a great day
If you aren't my apologies but you missed the point of the link

Caused by democrats ,, democrats over regulations kills jobs we once used to hold and jobs we used to create.
Democrat immigration causes low wages.
Democrat education causes uneducated people..

Democrats are the issue

ROFLMFAO

Maybe you missed my reply before you left the link

Half of Americans make less than the average!
78% live paycheck to paycheck. worst inequality and upward Mobility ever anywhere after 35 years of GOP dominance. Only brainwashed fools like you make this possible.....
To think the GOP solely responsible for income inequality, is extraordinarily dumb. Both parties are owned and controlled by the extreme wealthy, so that’s where the money goes.

Ears did a great job for the 1% and I believe he was a D.

Last edited:

How many years have I been saying the problem isn't unemployment, it is under-employment?
This is what happens when we re-elect re-elect re-elect re-elect re-elect the same corrupt corporatist - ON BOTH SIDES.

Maybe you missed my reply before you left the link
Which was? If you had to point out the obvious of the date of the link I believe the point to the link went over your head

Of course its completely escaped your biased ass that some people are only qualified for low paying jobs.

What. You think everyone should be paid a six figure salary if they aren't qualified for that salary.

Bet your ass was overpaid when you sucked the Govt. tit.

Your a fool.

I doubt Trump has any problem choosing between property interests and human interests?

As you know, property interests massively improve human interests.
s you know, property interests massively improve human interests.
No. I didn't know that.
Do you have any evidence?

GettyImages-55872223-e1452545058256.gif

"...by 1860, there were more millionaires (slaveholders all) living in the lower Mississippi Valley than anywhere else in the United States.

"In the same year, the nearly 4 million American slaves were worth some $3.5 billion, making them the largest single financial asset in the entire U.S. economy, worth more than all manufacturing and railroads combined.

"So, of course, the war was rooted in these two expanding and competing economies—but competing over what? What eventually tore asunder America's political culture was slavery's expansion into the Western territories."

Slavery Made America

Yes, so what are State Governments doing to help their workforce to become more productive in life?

What are State Governments doing to help entrepreneurs to gain loans to start small businesses?

Forget Federal and it is the State and Local Governments job to bring their society out of this issue.
Seems like a chicken or the egg problem

Are workers low wage because they don’t have the skills for higher wages or are they low wage because they have no advancement opportunities?

That is a good question but if you have no advancement then like me you create your own business...

Unfortunately many are not me and never pay a fair wage...
Again you offer individual solutions to a society wide economic problem
We are talking 55 million employees. Most new businesses fail. Only about 5 million are successful each year

Yes, so what are State Governments doing to help their workforce to become more productive in life?

What are State Governments doing to help entrepreneurs to gain loans to start small businesses?

Forget Federal and it is the State and Local Governments job to bring their society out of this issue.

Are workers low wage because they don’t have the skills for higher wages or are they low wage because they have no advancement opportunities?

That is a good question but if you have no advancement then like me you create your own business...

We are talking 55 million employees. Most new businesses fail. Only about 5 million are successful each year
If only we could make Ears president for life, all would be peaches and cream.

So you prefer no jobs?

I prefer employers who are responsible for their employees, not the taxpayer.

Low wages help the bottom line, especially when supplemented by taxpayer dollars

Be better off than with Crooked Donnie

well

taking the conservative role......

those people should all work 2 or 3 jobs (and never see their families) OR they should all become CEO's of big companies!

there...problem solved.

If 1/2 the people worked 3 or 4 or 5 jobs and the other half were all rich CEOs everything would be hunky dunky!

Don’t think so. No potus saw greater income inequality than your Messiah.

/——/ People are paid what they are worth for the work they do. If you don’t like your situation do something about it.

Businesses don't pay higher wages today because they don't have to. Labor unions are all but gone in many sectors. Rather than pay higher wages, many businesses have the option of sending jobs overseas or automating. Many businesses operate on a very short time horizon, that is there is their goal is producing as much income now with little concern for the future. Thus when the business hires it has little interest in an employee's potential in 5 years. Likewise the employee tends have little interest in the business because the business is likely to be bought out, radically changed, or go under. Quoting my grandson, life is just one shitty job after another.
Exactly
We sold out to supply side economics. Create an economy that favors business over labor. Assume business will do what is right and take care of those who make their profit.
As expected, greed took over and employees suffered
Wages are low because of fear. Employees no longer have unions to look out after their rights. Every man for himself.

Don’t think so. No potus saw greater income inequality than your Messiah.

you posted no evidence of that claim.

I think it is a lie.

In fact...until YOU find and post any data that backs up your assertion I shall merely consider it yet another in a long stream of conservative lies.

We sold out to supply side economics. Create an economy that favors business over labor. Assume business will do what is right and take care of those who make their profit.

Why would anyone assume that?? The last thing I'd want is for my employer to function as my caretaker.

Forum List

Back