Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

4. The Wall will obviously work. YOu know it. YOur allies know it. That is why they get so upset when we even talk about it. If it was not a threat to them, they would not be pissed off.

What pisses them off about a wall is that it would be difficult, if not politically impossible, to remove if they ever get power back. Policies and laws can change, but a wall will not. Like Supreme Court justices, it's something they will have to put up with for a very long time.

I have no problem with working, it's just the bureaucrats make it harder each time I go to renew my medical certificate, which in my case, is every year.
It was the weird eye test required for CDL renewal every few years that always worried me. They don't do it anymore so I just ditched the hazmat and am still carrying the rest. The medical certificate was never a problem. The company always found a local doctor to bribe with the guarantee of steady business. The annual checkups were a joke.

They still do the eye test and peripheral vision test. I always had a lazy eye so it's an ongoing threat every year. My boss told me the same thing, to go to this clinic our other drivers go to. That's okay for them, but I had a hell of a time finding this one doctor to accept me as a patient.

Until a few years ago, they allowed me to have my doctor--the person that treats my condition to sign out my medical card. But you know how genius bureaucrats are, so they came out with this great idea of having me trying to find a government certified doctor that doesn't treat my conditions to sign me out. Brilliant. Like what doctor wants to permit you to drive a CDL vehicle when he or she is not familiar with your progress?

AND it shows that the lack of knowing, is done on purpose, to hide the scale of the problem from the voters.

To prevent US from having the information we need to make an informed decision on the issue.

This alone makes the policies they managed to implement, illegitimate.
Yes yes, all our experts and government officials and journalists and law enforcement know nothing, only your bought off high school grad ex cokehead DJ idiot pundits know the truth. And racists who are obsessed with this crap. OoPS brainwashed functional racists. Pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card and end this scam GOP wedge issue. In the entire world only the 5% brainwashed functional morons of the GOP know the truth LOL. Idiot. Oops brainwashed functional idiot.

Yet, you can't explain why your side is the one that is actively preventing getting hard numbers on the problem.

Your sides's actions support my case, while all you have is a lot of "RACISM" and similar personal attacks.

So, fuck you.
seriously I don't give a damn either way. Pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card that works everywhere else and end this incredibly stupid GOP scam for the dupes that has been going on forever. Then we can get a handle on the problem and stop more from coming unless they deserve to.
Yet, you can't explain why your side is the one that is actively preventing getting hard numbers on the problem.

Your sides's actions support my case, while all you have is a lot of "RACISM" and similar personal attacks.

So, fuck you.
of course the entire world tells you it's about 12 million illegals here but you refuse to listen, BRAINWASHED functional moron. You will never get anything like the real story from your media. I caramba!
Sorry but you are the one who is brainwashed

Liberals cling to the lower number for the sake of amnesty that they are pushing for

and they know average Americans would be shocked if they knew the truth
I don't give a damn what the number is, fix the problem with an ID card and a comprehensive immigration Bill like the Democrats want. Fix it get it? Jesus....
An ID card is not a cure all

Libs have no stomach for deporting illegal aliens

Or stopping them at the border

So they will continue to come as long as the door is open

And did you note how he accepts the wage suppression?
At times liberals demand that American companies pay everyone a “living wage”

Then at other times they complain that American workers get paid more than the chinese

Good for you. And them.
Some of my friends have children who are making their career choices now. It is not easy. And the stakes are very high.
I think we should have policies that make it easier for young Americans to succeed, instead of just dismissing them, and their interests.

What sort of policies do you have in mind?

Then at other times they complain that American workers get paid more than the chinese

Nobody is complaining that American workers get paid more than the Chinese, they are just stating the facts of the matter.

I have no problem with working, it's just the bureaucrats make it harder each time I go to renew my medical certificate, which in my case, is every year.
It was the weird eye test required for CDL renewal every few years that always worried me. They don't do it anymore so I just ditched the hazmat and am still carrying the rest. The medical certificate was never a problem. The company always found a local doctor to bribe with the guarantee of steady business. The annual checkups were a joke.

They still do the eye test and peripheral vision test. I always had a lazy eye so it's an ongoing threat every year. My boss told me the same thing, to go to this clinic our other drivers go to. That's okay for them, but I had a hell of a time finding this one doctor to accept me as a patient.

Until a few years ago, they allowed me to have my doctor--the person that treats my condition to sign out my medical card. But you know how genius bureaucrats are, so they came out with this great idea of having me trying to find a government certified doctor that doesn't treat my conditions to sign me out. Brilliant. Like what doctor wants to permit you to drive a CDL vehicle when he or she is not familiar with your progress?
I worked for a major LTL carrier so it's likely different for you, but they scheduled and paid for the doctor visits. Usually had us go as soon as we clocked in. Could drive our personal vehicle or bobtail over and back. The doctor would then do whatever the company wanted. Since the drivers having medical cards served their interests, the doctor treated it like a social visit and just rubber stamped the things. If, on the other hand, the company wanted you gone for whatever reason the doctor would play along with that too. That's when you needed to go to your own doctor.

Nobody is complaining that American workers get paid more than the Chinese, they are just stating the facts of the matter.
Sure the globalists are sneering at manufacturing in America because our workers get paid more than the chinese

The cost of an iPhone is a good example

Libs only care about how cheap it is

I worked for a major LTL carrier so it's likely different for you, but they scheduled and paid for the doctor visits. Usually had us go as soon as we clocked in. Could drive our personal vehicle or bobtail over and back. The doctor would then do whatever the company wanted. Since the drivers having medical cards served their interests, the doctor treated it like a social visit and just rubber stamped the things. If, on the other hand, the company wanted you gone for whatever reason the doctor would play along with that too. That's when you needed to go to your own doctor.

Sure, that works well for people who don't have any serious condition for them to sign off on. But with a medical waiver, doctors are really under the microscope. When they changed the requirements, they gave me a non-updated internet site of doctors who were certified to sign me out. 20% the phone was disconnected, another 20% said they got out of DOT physicals because of all the problems, and the rest wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole.

It took me two weeks to find this one doctor. But now they want to drag my family doctor into this mess, and that's not easy to do. It's just a huge mess.

Sure, that works well for people who don't have any serious condition for them to sign off on. But with a medical waiver, doctors are really under the microscope. When they changed the requirements, they gave me a non-updated internet site of doctors who were certified to sign me out. 20% the phone was disconnected, another 20% said they got out of DOT physicals because of all the problems, and the rest wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole.

It took me two weeks to find this one doctor. But now they want to drag my family doctor into this mess, and that's not easy to do. It's just a huge mess.
Yeah, your own doctor is often apt to be of no help. Likely to err on the side of caution from fear of the state plus they don't want to go on record disagreeing with one of their peers. A mess indeed.

Sure the globalists are sneering at manufacturing in America because our workers get paid more than the chinese

Nobody is sneering, they are pointing out the facts.

And yes, the price is important. I do not personally give a flying fuck where something is made, I am buying the best combination of price and quality. Why would anyone knowingly and happily pay more for something when they do not need to?

You do not seem to be a fan of capitalism.

Do you pay more than your bill when you go to the grocery store?

Yeah, your own doctor is often apt to be of no help. Likely to err on the side of caution from fear of the state plus they don't want to go on record disagreeing with one of their peers. A mess indeed.

When a doctor signs you out, in a sense, they are taking responsibility for your actions. In the event of a serious accident where it's your fault, the doctors are the ones they first address. So not only could they lose their certification to do DOT physicals, but it's also a malpractice liability as well; not that I would ever sue my doctors. I take responsibility for myself.

And yes, the price is important. I do not personally give a flying fuck where something is made, I am buying the best combination of price and quality. Why would anyone knowingly and happily pay more for something when they do not need to?

That's the way many Americans feel. The problem is, those are the same Americans that complain about low paying jobs in this country. You can't manufacture low cost products when you are paying employees premium wages for their work.

I've always said the solution to our problem is not government--it's changing the minds of the consumers. But as you pointed out, good luck with that one.

We do need to pay more for products like the iPhone in order to maintain our manufacturing base

That's the way many Americans feel. The problem is, those are the same Americans that complain about low paying jobs in this country. You can't manufacture low cost products when you are paying employees premium wages for their work.

I've always said the solution to our problem is not government--it's changing the minds of the consumers. But as you pointed out, good luck with that one.

You are right, you cannot manufacture low cost products when you are paying employees premium wages for their work, so it is stupid to try and compete with those that can. When the only difference between two products is one is made in America and it cost 1 to 10 times as much, there is no reason to buy it.

We cannot turn back time, if we try again to force the US to become a manufacturing juggernaut again all that will happen is prices will go up and automation will get even better.

There was a time when all most of the country worked in agricultural, then we evolved. The same holds true of manufacturing.

There is nothing special about a job in manufacturing, it is normally low skill and easy to replace.

We do need to pay more for products like the iPhone in order to maintain our manufacturing base

So stupid, why should I pay more to try and move the country backwards.

As for our manufacturing...it is doing just fine.

upload_2019-12-6_10-18-11.png

80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency. Those jobs are never coming back, as they should not. I have read a study that put forth the idea that Six Sigma cost more jobs than we lost to China.

You are right, you cannot manufacture low cost products when you are paying employees premium wages for their work, so it is stupid to try and compete with those that can. When the only difference between two products is one is made in America and it cost 1 to 10 times as much, there is no reason to buy it.

We cannot turn back time, if we try again to force the US to become a manufacturing juggernaut again all that will happen is prices will go up and automation will get even better.

There was a time when all most of the country worked in agricultural, then we evolved. The same holds true of manufacturing.

There is nothing special about a job in manufacturing, it is normally low skill and easy to replace.

Agreed, but also at one time, there was more solidarity with the American workers. People did very low-talent jobs and got paid great money for it--most of them because of unions. In the 80's, Americans took a new road after the recession. We became very frugal in our purchases.

From that point, there were more and more things that people wanted to have, especially in technology. Better video games, big screen televisions, cable television, eventually cell phones and the internet. So now that we have way more things to spend our money on, our dollar has to stretch further, so we buy the cheapest that we can.

My father laughs about it all the time. He said he now spends more for his cell phone bill every month than he did our mortgage on the house we grew up in. He's not exaggerating either.

When a doctor signs you out, in a sense, they are taking responsibility for your actions. In the event of a serious accident where it's your fault, the doctors are the ones they first address. So not only could they lose their certification to do DOT physicals, but it's also a malpractice liability as well; not that I would ever sue my doctors. I take responsibility for myself.
By the way, I'd agree that your safe driving record should serve as the only evidence necessary for an experienced driver. I don't care if you've got feet growing out of your ears, safety is far more about practice and attitude than health. Accidents happen regardless, but professional truck drivers understand they risk losing their livelihood and possibly living with having killed someone on their conscience for the rest of their lives. Add mandatory random drug testing and that's more than enough hoops to navigate without obsessing over medical conditions.

Last edited:

By the way, I'd agree that your safe driving record should serve as the only evidence necessary for an experienced driver. I don't care if you've got feet growing out of your ears, safety is far more about practice and attitude than health. Accidents happen regardless, but professional truck drivers understand they risk losing their livelihood and possibly living with having killed someone on their conscience for the rest of their lives. Add mandatory random drug testing and that's more than enough hoops to navigate without obsessing over medical conditions.

Sure, I mean, driving for a living is in the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the country; more dangerous than being a police officer. People don't realize that. It's also a job that impacts your personal life. For instance, if I'm at a bar drinking the same amount of beers as the guy next to me, we both leave at the same time and go the same direction, and pulled over at a DUI checkpoint, the other guy passes the breathalyzer test and the officer tells him to be careful. Me, even though I have the same alcohol content as the other guy, gets arrested for a DUI, because CDL rules apply to your car as well as your truck.

If you have a job operating a drill press, and get a couple of traffic tickets, you still have your drill press job. If a professional driver gets too many tickets in his or her car, they could lose their job for a while because it all goes on your CDL, and truck insurance is strict and expensive for the employer.

View attachment 293507

80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency. Those jobs are never coming back, as they should not. I have read a study that put forth the idea that Six Sigma cost more jobs than we lost to China.
80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency

Bullshit

the millions of manufacturing jobs lost to china are being filled by chinese not robots

View attachment 293507

80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency

Bullshit

the millions of manufacturing jobs lost to china are being filled by chinese not robots

You are clueless once again, doing nothing but parroting the party talking points.

Don’t Blame China For Taking U.S. Jobs

"The study reports as well that trade accounted for 13% of the lost U.S. factory jobs, but 88% of the jobs were taken by robots and other factors at home."

"Investment in automation and software has doubled the output per U.S. manufacturing worker over the past two decades. Robots are replacing workers, regardless of trade at an accelerating pace."

Why do you think that there was no drop in output while there was a drop in employment?

Employee numbers started dropping in 2000

upload_2019-12-6_10-59-58.png

yet there was only a tiny dip in output that recovered with in 2 years.

upload_2019-12-6_11-2-13.png

Forum List

Back