Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

Sure the globalists are sneering at manufacturing in America because our workers get paid more than the chinese

The cost of an iPhone is a good example

Libs only care about how cheap it is

Nobody is sneering, they are pointing out the facts.

And yes, the price is important. I do not personally give a flying fuck where something is made, I am buying the best combination of price and quality. Why would anyone knowingly and happily pay more for something when they do not need to?

You do not seem to be a fan of capitalism.

Do you pay more than your bill when you go to the grocery store?
We do need to pay more for products like the iPhone in order to maintain our manufacturing base

So stupid, why should I pay more to try and move the country backwards.

As for our manufacturing...it is doing just fine.

View attachment 293507

80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency. Those jobs are never coming back, as they should not. I have read a study that put forth the idea that Six Sigma cost more jobs than we lost to China.
80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency

Bullshit

the millions of manufacturing jobs lost to china are being filled by chinese not robots

You are clueless once again, doing nothing but parroting the party talking points.

Don’t Blame China For Taking U.S. Jobs

"The study reports as well that trade accounted for 13% of the lost U.S. factory jobs, but 88% of the jobs were taken by robots and other factors at home."

"Investment in automation and software has doubled the output per U.S. manufacturing worker over the past two decades. Robots are replacing workers, regardless of trade at an accelerating pace."

Why do you think that there was no drop in output while there was a drop in employment?

Employee numbers started dropping in 2000

View attachment 293513

yet there was only a tiny dip in output that recovered with in 2 years.

View attachment 293516
Yet with all the positive news in the Fortune article the US has a $350-500 billion trade deficit with china

and all of it is due to products no longer made in America

Nobody is sneering, they are pointing out the facts.

And yes, the price is important. I do not personally give a flying fuck where something is made, I am buying the best combination of price and quality. Why would anyone knowingly and happily pay more for something when they do not need to?

You do not seem to be a fan of capitalism.

Do you pay more than your bill when you go to the grocery store?
We do need to pay more for products like the iPhone in order to maintain our manufacturing base

So stupid, why should I pay more to try and move the country backwards.

As for our manufacturing...it is doing just fine.

View attachment 293507

80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency. Those jobs are never coming back, as they should not. I have read a study that put forth the idea that Six Sigma cost more jobs than we lost to China.
80% of the jobs lost in manufacturing were lost to automation and process efficiency

Bullshit

the millions of manufacturing jobs lost to china are being filled by chinese not robots

You are clueless once again, doing nothing but parroting the party talking points.

Don’t Blame China For Taking U.S. Jobs

"The study reports as well that trade accounted for 13% of the lost U.S. factory jobs, but 88% of the jobs were taken by robots and other factors at home."

"Investment in automation and software has doubled the output per U.S. manufacturing worker over the past two decades. Robots are replacing workers, regardless of trade at an accelerating pace."

Why do you think that there was no drop in output while there was a drop in employment?

Employee numbers started dropping in 2000

View attachment 293513

yet there was only a tiny dip in output that recovered with in 2 years.

View attachment 293516
Yet with all the positive news in the Fortune article the US has a $350-500 billion trade deficit with china

Actually it's a problem with both. We lost customers due to them turning to China, and we lost customers because they didn't go into automation. The Chinese part of it is that you can still compete with because China has such poor quality and quality control. Automation is virtually perfect. It creates the same part with the same consistency every time.

For that reason, some of the work that we lost came back when manufacturers gave up on China and found it cheaper just to have their products made here again. But not once have we ever got a customer back because they gave up on automation.

Half of Americans huh? Okay so let’s pretend they did “better themselves” - who would be left behind to do those jobs they abandoned?

Republicans are too stupid for words.

Duhhhh.... "who would be left behind to do those jobs they abandoned"? Really? Who filled those jobs? Each month, 125,000-130,000 people enter the workforce for the first time. Youth and legal aliens.

"Republicans are too stupid for words" is a typical, desperate response from someone who knows their position is wrong and impossible to defend. Why not just man up? Ohhhh...riiiigggghhhhtttt! :D

You are never going to get 12 million or whatever hard-working immigrants who pay taxes and own homes out of the country. Totally inhumane.the GOP gave them an invitation to come here and work. You are a dupe- they don't give a damn. Pass the goddamn ID card dumbass. Cut the stupid wall and unconstitutional un American harassment laws that do nothing.

This has to rank up among your top five foolish statements. Of course, you do seem to try hard to top yourself each time. Sometimes I don't think it possible but, somehow, you do it, you intentionally make foolish, stupid, statements and seem totally oblivious.

Does it pay well being a professional Troll?

Half of Americans huh? Okay so let’s pretend they did “better themselves” - who would be left behind to do those jobs they abandoned?

Duhhhh.... "who would be left behind to do those jobs they abandoned"? Really? Who filled those jobs? Each month, 125,000-130,000 people enter the workforce for the first time. Youth and legal aliens.

"Republicans are too stupid for words" is a typical, desperate response from someone who knows their position is wrong and impossible to defend. Why not just man up? Ohhhh...riiiigggghhhhtttt! :D
Lol you’re so dense. It doesn’t make any goddamn sense for half of Americans to take new high paying jobs if the other half of Americans already have those jobs. This is a simple matter of basic mathematics. Good god lol

So what? There is nothing wrong with a trade deficit for a prosperous country. Why do you think the trade deficit gets higher during a booming economy and smaller during a recession.

You people have bought into the talking points that a trade deficit is evil, but it simply is not true.

We all have trade deficits in our daily lives and it is normal.

You have a trade deficit with your local grocery store...you always give them money and all they give you is stuff...which is the same as the trade deficit we have with China.

I just went and added to my trade deficit with Best Buy, I gave them money and they gave me stuff to give a Christmas presents.

Lol you’re so dense. It doesn’t make any goddamn sense for half of Americans to take new high paying jobs if the other half of Americans already have those jobs. This is a simple matter of basic mathematics. Good god lol

Did you read what you posted before hitting the "POST REPLY" button? It doesn't make any sense.

You're really going to hate the news of today.

More Black Men Have Jobs Than Ever Before, Unemployment Rate Holds at Lowest Level Ever
by JOHN CARNEY 6 Dec 2019

The unemployment rate for black men remained at the lowest level ever in November.

The economy added 266,000 jobs in the month, far more than expected. Black men over 20 picked up 14,000 of those jobs, according to Labor Department data released Friday. That matched in increase in the civilian labor force for that cohort.

More Black Men Have Jobs Than Ever Before, Unemployment Rate Holds at Lowest Level Ever | Breitbart

The government will be the last to know how many illegals there are

If you recall trump tried to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census but was blocked by the democrats and chief justice roberts

That would not answer the illegal question

but shows now little the government does know

AND it shows that the lack of knowing, is done on purpose, to hide the scale of the problem from the voters.

To prevent US from having the information we need to make an informed decision on the issue.

This alone makes the policies they managed to implement, illegitimate.
Yes yes, all our experts and government officials and journalists and law enforcement know nothing, only your bought off high school grad ex cokehead DJ idiot pundits know the truth. And racists who are obsessed with this crap. OoPS brainwashed functional racists. Pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card and end this scam GOP wedge issue. In the entire world only the 5% brainwashed functional morons of the GOP know the truth LOL. Idiot. Oops brainwashed functional idiot.

Yet, you can't explain why your side is the one that is actively preventing getting hard numbers on the problem.

Your sides's actions support my case, while all you have is a lot of "RACISM" and similar personal attacks.

So, fuck you.
seriously I don't give a damn either way. Pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card that works everywhere else and end this incredibly stupid GOP scam for the dupes that has been going on forever. Then we can get a handle on the problem and stop more from coming unless they deserve to.
Yes yes, all our experts and government officials and journalists and law enforcement know nothing, only your bought off high school grad ex cokehead DJ idiot pundits know the truth. And racists who are obsessed with this crap. OoPS brainwashed functional racists. Pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card and end this scam GOP wedge issue. In the entire world only the 5% brainwashed functional morons of the GOP know the truth LOL. Idiot. Oops brainwashed functional idiot.

Yet, you can't explain why your side is the one that is actively preventing getting hard numbers on the problem.

Your sides's actions support my case, while all you have is a lot of "RACISM" and similar personal attacks.

So, fuck you.
of course the entire world tells you it's about 12 million illegals here but you refuse to listen, BRAINWASHED functional moron. You will never get anything like the real story from your media. I caramba!
Sorry but you are the one who is brainwashed

Liberals cling to the lower number for the sake of amnesty that they are pushing for

and they know average Americans would be shocked if they knew the truth
I don't give a damn what the number is, fix the problem with an ID card and a comprehensive immigration Bill like the Democrats want. Fix it get it? Jesus....
An ID card is not a cure all

Libs have no stomach for deporting illegal aliens

Or stopping them at the border

So they will continue to come as long as the door is open
yes a ID card that is enforced is a cure all. Other countries- do it works just fine. You are a dupe of the scumbag GOP which is the open borders party. They love the cheap easily bullied labor and distract you with stupid walls and harassment laws, all un American... We have no problem deporting the criminals. But the United States is never going to deport hard-working illegals that the GOP basically gave an open invitation to come here and work pay taxes own homes etcetera etcetera etcetera... The only time any Republicans care is in one of their corrupt GOP great recessions world depressions etcetera etcetera they have every time they get the chance. Otherwise they love the maids and gardeners and cheap labor in general....

Almost all the illegals this year are people who should not be illegal at all, asylum-seekers from the GOP War on Drugs and the GOP global warming agricultural crisis in Central America. Of course you dupes don't know anything about that either LOL

So what? There is nothing wrong with a trade deficit for a prosperous country. Why do you think the trade deficit gets higher during a booming economy and smaller during a recession.

You people have bought into the talking points that a trade deficit is evil, but it simply is not true.

You have a trade deficit with your local grocery store...you always give them money and all they give you is stuff...which is the same as the trade deficit we have with China.

I just went and added to my trade deficit with Best Buy, I gave them money and they gave me stuff to give a Christmas presents.
Half a trillion deficit with our No 1 enemy who is using the profits to build its military and buy influence around the world?

that deficit is certainly bad for America

Half a trillion deficit with our No 1 enemy who is using the profits to build its military and buy influence around the world?

that deficit is certainly bad for America

more talking points parroted.

at least you are consistent.

AND it shows that the lack of knowing, is done on purpose, to hide the scale of the problem from the voters.

To prevent US from having the information we need to make an informed decision on the issue.

This alone makes the policies they managed to implement, illegitimate.

So, fuck you.
seriously I don't give a damn either way. Pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card that works everywhere else and end this incredibly stupid GOP scam for the dupes that has been going on forever. Then we can get a handle on the problem and stop more from coming unless they deserve to.

So, fuck you.
of course the entire world tells you it's about 12 million illegals here but you refuse to listen, BRAINWASHED functional moron. You will never get anything like the real story from your media. I caramba!

Liberals cling to the lower number for the sake of amnesty that they are pushing for

I don't give a damn what the number is, fix the problem with an ID card and a comprehensive immigration Bill like the Democrats want. Fix it get it? Jesus....

yes a ID card that is enforced is a cure all. Other countries- do it works just fine. You are a dupe of the scumbag GOP which is the open borders party. They love the cheap easily bullied labor and distract you with stupid walls and harassment laws, all un American... We have no problem deporting the criminals. But the United States is never going to deport hard-working illegals that the GOP basically gave an open invitation to come here and work pay taxes own homes etcetera etcetera etcetera... The only time any Republicans care is in one of their corrupt GOP great recessions world depressions etcetera etcetera they have every time they get the chance. Otherwise they love the maids and gardeners and cheap labor in general....

Almost all the illegals this year are people who should not be illegal at all, asylum-seekers from the GOP War on Drugs and the GOP global warming agricultural crisis in Central America. Of course you dupes don't know anything about that either LOL
liberal cities do not even turn over criminal illegal aliens to ICE

so dont tell me libs have no problem deporting criminals

The left cannot bring itself to deport anyone

So, fuck you.

Of course as a GOP dupe, you don't know what sanctuary cities are about. They are protecting the innocent victims of the criminals so they can testify without being deported and yes they do deport the assholes. you are absolutely clueless.

So, fuck you.

Of course as a GOP dupe, you don't know what sanctuary cities are about. They are protecting the innocent victims of the criminals so they can testify without being deported and yes they do deport the assholes. you are absolutely clueless.
They are protecting illegal alien criminals including murderers and rapists

In super dupe World Maybe....actually they are protecting the witnesses against them. Do you need a diagram? LOL

In super dupe World Maybe....actually they are protecting the witnesses against them. Do you need a diagram? LOL
That is complete and utter nonsense

dems are turning illegal alien rapists and murderers back onto the streets of America

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

So it's Trump's fault they don't have enough ambition to better themselves?

Wahhhh!

Well this is the fascinating aspect of how free-market capitalism works. So I assume you understand economic fundamentals, that supply and demand will ultimately determine price.

Based on that, let's look at what you just said.... you assume that if many of these people will either get education, or get training to do a higher value skill. Either they will learn how to do carpentry, or engineering, and move out of the Whopper Flopper job.

Now lets clarify that not EVERYONE is going to do this. There will never be a time where we have a 100% high-skill work force. There will always be people who either are incapable or unwilling to better themselves.

So for the sake of simplicity, lets say the majority, more than half, move on from whopper flopping.

The question remains what you asked: who would be left behind to do those jobs they abandoned?

The answer is a tad complex.

1. Again, supply and demand would come into effect. As the supply of low-skill labor dramatically fell, and the demand remained the same..... supply down, demand the same, result is increased wages.

Wages will rise, as the supply of labor in a specific market decreases.

2. Automation. McDonald's has already tested a fully automated store once. That was years ago. Today I wager it would be more successful than back then.

Point being, that if labor costs too much money, because there are too few low-skill workers, automation can be used to replace people. From Kiosks instead of cashiers and order takers, to automated milking machines on farms.

3. A reduction in unwanted jobs.

Now this part is harder to understand, but is a function of a free-market system. As the pool of unskilled labor declines, the market will react... not only by replacing people with automation as in point 2, which will reduce the number of jobs, but also in declining the demand for such jobs, through price.

I mentioned in point 1, that as the pool of unskilled labor declines, the price for that labor goes up. We've seen this in Denmark for example. Contrary to the left-wing screams of minimum wage and unions, the reason a McDonald's worker in Denmark is paid $16/hour, has nothing to do with either. It's simply because they have a very small pool of low-skilled labor. The demand for low skill labor, is higher than the number of people in that pool, and the price/wage that is paid has gone up. There is no minimum wage at all in Denmark, and Union membership is only a fraction of population.

However, there is an inverse effect to this higher wages, and that is the prices to consumers have to cover the cost of the wage. So a full meal at a McDonald's in Denmark, is almost $20.

Well as the price of a good or service goes up, the demand for that good or service declines. Fewer people are going to McDonald's in Denmark, because who can afford $20 a meal at McDonalds, for a cheap burger and fries?

As a result, last I looked it up, there was barely 1/8th as many McDonalds in Denmark (per population), as there are here in the US.

And you can expect that since there are far fewer McDonald's, there are far fewer McDonald's jobs, and employment for low-skill labor, compared to the US.

So as there are fewer people to take low-skill jobs, because they have moved on to Engineers and Carpenters, the result is that there are fewer of those jobs to be filled.

The free-market Capitalist system, is an amazing thing, if you just get out of the way, and let it work. There's a reason why the US is the youngest nation on Earth, and yet the most wealthy on Earth.

dems are turning illegal alien rapists and murderers back onto the streets of America

So true, I have a bunch of stories in my folder on that subject, but I don't want to clutter the response with them because few will actually read them anyhow. But here is one of the later ones I have.

Child Rape Suspects Released In New York & New Jersey After Local Jails Refuse To Hold Men For ICE

The hell they are, brainwashed functional
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQICBAC&usg=AOvVaw2VCqcxKT4f28hb_jLgQI2y

The hell they are, brainwashed functional
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQICBAC&usg=AOvVaw2VCqcxKT4f28hb_jLgQI2y

i guess we will just have to disagree

because I dont trust your source anymore you trust mine

Feds: Illegal Aliens Charged with Murder, Rape Released by California

And they directly contradict each other

Forum List

Back