Alternate Facts and normal people and Trump

Only in your opinion. He is solid, has the backing of his company, and has no fear in the slightest of the Alt Right fascists.

Nope Meet The Press use to require only the finest in journalistic integrity. At this point Todd can't even buy that.
It still does. That you think Alternate Facts are acceptable is your issue, not mine.

Only in your opinion. He is solid, has the backing of his company, and has no fear in the slightest of the Alt Right fascists.

Nope Meet The Press use to require only the finest in journalistic integrity. At this point Todd can't even buy that.
It still does. That you think Alternate Facts are acceptable is your issue, not mine.

I was not taking issue with at one way or the other. Todd was very biased in how he asked questions and made assumptions that were not fact checked or even facts. He buried his career all on his own.

Normal people "are simultaneously flummoxed that Trump’s administration is willing to destroy their credibility by presenting obvious falsehoods while also wondering why many still support him. Why would so many people sign up for 'alternative facts'"

Evangelical religious history in America can explain how this 'alternate factual' knowledge can still be powerful today.

Many Americans, mostly on the far right but some on the left as well, have a long history in buying into "alternative knowledge."

Trump is simply exploiting the credulous and alienating a growing majority of voters. This will get him in the end.
---
Trump and Palin exist in an alternative universe of knowledge denial
Welcome to the know-nothing GOP reality show, where ignorance equals votes from the all-important Christian evangelicals and fundamentalists

Alternate facts like Obama’s 5% unemployment rate? How about if you like your healthcare provider keep your healthcare provider? How about ISIL being the JV team? How about Islamophobia caused the Benghazi attack? How about hands up don't shoot?

The alternative fact was the MSM deliberately showing misleading images of the inauguration to make the crowd seem smaller than it was, once again the DNC run media got called on their deception and they don't like it.

Normal people "are simultaneously flummoxed that Trump’s administration is willing to destroy their credibility by presenting obvious falsehoods while also wondering why many still support him. Why would so many people sign up for 'alternative facts'"

Evangelical religious history in America can explain how this 'alternate factual' knowledge can still be powerful today.

Many Americans, mostly on the far right but some on the left as well, have a long history in buying into "alternative knowledge."

Trump is simply exploiting the credulous and alienating a growing majority of voters. This will get him in the end.
---
Welcome to the know-nothing GOP reality show, where ignorance equals votes from the all-important Christian evangelicals and fundamentalists

Alternate facts like Obama’s 5% unemployment rate? How about if you like your healthcare provider keep your healthcare provider? How about ISIL being the JV team? How about Islamophobia caused the Benghazi attack? How about hands up don't shoot?
The UE is indeed 5%, Islamophobia indeed was increased by the Benghazi attack, and Martin Brown indeed did have his hands up when he was running at the officer, and I would have shot him too. You are talking what Obama said about Obamacare, and trying to apply it what happened later.

You are engaging in Alternative Facts, bub.

And that does not excuse the use of Alternate Facts by either side as I said above. So stay on track and with the OP.

Last edited:
An old friend of mine, Sterling McMurrin, long dead, said something to the effect (notes in my notebook): "Unlike men in bondage under the less popular forms of slavery, those enslaved by religion do not know that they are not free. This can be religion's most subtle evil, for because of it men are often robbed of their dignity without knowing what they have lost."

Don't be enslaved by religion.

The talk among the mainstream media hosts like Chuck Todd etc is simply not interview KelleyAnne Conway and others who try to make alternate fact as somehow legitimate.
:lol:

Let Todd run with that. I am sure they can find another program to run in that time slot. Maybe My Pillow ads.
Todd will not be going anywhere. KelleyAnne can go cry in her office.

Todd has been exposed as a partisan hack. That will be career ending bad very soon.

Bullshit. Todd has done nothing other than call the lying administration on their lies. The Trump Administration may live in a "post-fact world", but they're there all by themselves. The rest of us believe the evidence of their eyes and ears, not the hate, bile and lies that spew out of Trump's mouth every time he opens it.

It makes Trump crazy that he's not the legitimate President, that he lost the popular vote, that no one wanted to come to his Inauguration. This is the behaviour of a petulant child, not the leader of the free world.

He should be focused on his executive appointments, not his TV ratings.

The talk among the mainstream media hosts like Chuck Todd etc is simply not interview KelleyAnne Conway and others who try to make alternate fact as somehow legitimate.
:lol:

Let Todd run with that. I am sure they can find another program to run in that time slot. Maybe My Pillow ads.
Todd will not be going anywhere. KelleyAnne can go cry in her office.

Todd has been exposed as a partisan hack. That will be career ending bad very soon.

Bullshit. Todd has done nothing other than call the lying administration on their lies. The Trump Administration may live in a "post-fact world", but they're there all by themselves. The rest of us believe the evidence of their eyes and ears, not the hate, bile and lies that spew out of Trump's mouth every time he opens it.

It makes Trump crazy that he's not the legitimate President, that he lost the popular vote, that no one wanted to come to his Inauguration. This is the behaviour of a petulant child, not the leader of the free world.

He should be focused on his executive appointments, not his TV ratings.

You are allowed to express your alternative facts.

The UE is indeed 5%,

No, you're a fucking idiot the real unemployment rate when you take into account those no longer looking for work whose unemployment insurance has run out is 9%, so like I said only fucking idiots believe Obama's alternative facts.

Islamophobia indeed was increased by the Benghazi attack,

Obama claimed that an Islamaphobic videotape caused Benghazi when it was actually a pre planned well coordinated terrorist attack you fucking idiot.

and Martin Brown indeed did have his hands up when he was running at the officer,

No again you're a fucking idiot, hands up don't shoot has been debunked as an overt lie by forensic experts you fucking idiot.

and I would have shot him too. You are talking what Obama said about Obamacare, and trying to apply it what happened later.

No you're a fucking idiot, they are caught on tape saying that they knew all along that it was a lie:

Third Obamacare architect video emerges - CNNPolitics.com

Chaos is simply spewing alternate facts.

Stay with real facts and you will be fine.

The mass media has lost credible Litzy among many A,Erica she. These particular A,ericans feel ignored, alienated and afraid. They have seen their manufacturing jobs go away through outsourcing, off shoring and automation. These are forces beyond their control. Naturally looking for a scapegoat, their fears and suspicions have landed squarely upon mass media. Consequently, they are eager to heap scorn, susion and ridicule on the media boogeyman.

Right wing pundits have bolstered their fear of the media by claiming the media does not supply them with truth, but inculcation. These pundits claim that the propaganda they deal with is, indeed, the truth the public does not receive from mass media. And the cycle is repeatedly fed.

Donald Trump is a man of massive yet fragile ego. Before even one vote was cast, he claimed election fraud. Even as he was sworn in, he claims election fraud on a massive scale. Donald Trump does not accept criticism lightly. His ego will not harbor any of that. He uses the bully pulpit of the Presidency to swing at every pitch, from celebrities to private individuals, Donald will punch down, never up to preserve the delusion that he has a total popular mandate to act with impunity.

Combine the fearful, suspicious members of the general public with a leader who feeds their fears and we get a casual relationship with the truth. Alternative facts is yet another way to lie in order to have your own outlook reenforced rather than challenged, sustained rather than widened and confirmed rather than questioned.

So you find media to be fair and balanced in their reporting. Carefully using alleged, unconfirmed and neutral headlines? I have not listened to a single media report on Trump since the election that was even close.

It's the same "the masses are stupid" line progressives are always using, but toned down a notch.

Nosmo is trying so so hard to understand what the hell happened and why, but still falls into the "fucking rubes" method of explaining it.
My problem is I have faith in mass media to present a panoply of news, fact checked and reported faithfully. I have absolutely NO faith in 'alternative media' that pushes an agenda without the bother of journalistic due process. Internet rumor mongering, obfuscation and coercion is no way to present news.

Consequently I cannot fathom the zeal with which some folks flock to it! Affirmation? Partisanship? I just don't know.

I've seen Donald Trump act with petulance and revenge and I believe that is beneath the dignity of the office. It suits professional wrestlers well, but I want a statesman, not a carnival barker.

Mass media these days is effectively Democrats with bylines. What is the political donation breakdown for them, both at the journalist and corporate level, between democrats and republicans? You trust them because they have the same worldview as you, much like a lemming trusts the lemming in front of it.

You guys are just mad because Trump doesn't back down, mewling like a slapped cat when progressives come after him. You got too used to mainstream Republicans doing it for the past 2 decades or so.

---

"Alt-fact" is going to follow Kellyanne Conway around like a puppy for the rest of her life. She may even usurp Rump in his place in the dictionary next to the entry "self-delusion".

Holy SHIT did she step in it. :cuckoo:

I have to admit. I am confused.

Republicans normally condemn the government. The government can't do anything right. The government destroys everything it touches. We need a "free" market they say.

But, they want the government to control who gets in the country.

They want the government to control who can vote.

They want the government to provide them with the news.

The mass media has lost credible Litzy among many A,Erica she. These particular A,ericans feel ignored, alienated and afraid. They have seen their manufacturing jobs go away through outsourcing, off shoring and automation. These are forces beyond their control. Naturally looking for a scapegoat, their fears and suspicions have landed squarely upon mass media. Consequently, they are eager to heap scorn, susion and ridicule on the media boogeyman.

Right wing pundits have bolstered their fear of the media by claiming the media does not supply them with truth, but inculcation. These pundits claim that the propaganda they deal with is, indeed, the truth the public does not receive from mass media. And the cycle is repeatedly fed.

Donald Trump is a man of massive yet fragile ego. Before even one vote was cast, he claimed election fraud. Even as he was sworn in, he claims election fraud on a massive scale. Donald Trump does not accept criticism lightly. His ego will not harbor any of that. He uses the bully pulpit of the Presidency to swing at every pitch, from celebrities to private individuals, Donald will punch down, never up to preserve the delusion that he has a total popular mandate to act with impunity.

Combine the fearful, suspicious members of the general public with a leader who feeds their fears and we get a casual relationship with the truth. Alternative facts is yet another way to lie in order to have your own outlook reenforced rather than challenged, sustained rather than widened and confirmed rather than questioned.

So you find media to be fair and balanced in their reporting. Carefully using alleged, unconfirmed and neutral headlines? I have not listened to a single media report on Trump since the election that was even close.
Truth is neither fair, nor balanced, it's simply truth. "Fair and balanced" = spin and propaganda.

Real talk.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The UE is indeed 5%,

No, you're a fucking idiot the real unemployment rate when you take into account those no longer looking for work whose unemployment insurance has run out is 9%,
When calculating the UE rate, they don't even look at unemployment insurance. More than half of the employed aren't eligible. Less than a third of all unemployed receive benefits. I love how you insult other people when you are clearly talking out of your ass

What is distressing is that the unemployed in the National Labor Force Participation, headed toward 100 million out of the work force.

The UE is indeed 5%,

No, you're a fucking idiot the real unemployment rate when you take into account those no longer looking for work whose unemployment insurance has run out is 9%,
When calculating the UE rate, they don't even look at unemployment insurance. More than half of the employed aren't eligible. Less than a third of all unemployed receive benefits. I love how you insult other people when you are clearly talking out of your ass

Take your fake news and alternative facts and shove them up your ass, the real unemployment rate is 9.6% not 5%:

Charts: The real story on the unemployment rate

The UE is indeed 5%,

Take your fake news and alternative facts and shove them up your ass, the real unemployment rate is 9.6% not 5%:

Wash your mouth out.

Your Alt Factoid is noted. From the link, "The U-3 rate is defined as the "total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force," but doesn't include a number of employment situations. A broader figure is the U-6 rate, which many economists rely on as a more accurate portrayal of employment in the country. The U-6 rate remained unchanged at 9.7 percent in May."

The great majority of economists do not think the U-6 rate is accurate as a good reflection of employment in the country.

The more important National Labor Participation Force notes more people are falling out of the labor force under the Trump administration.

The UE is indeed 5%,

Wash your mouth out.

Your Alt Factoid is noted. From the link, "The U-3 rate is defined as the "total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force," but doesn't include a number of employment situations. A broader figure is the U-6 rate, which many economists rely on as a more accurate portrayal of employment in the country. The U-6 rate remained unchanged at 9.7 percent in May."

The great majority of economists do not think the U-6 rate is accurate as a good reflection of employment in the country.

The more important National Labor Participation Force notes more people are falling out of the labor force under the Trump administration.

The National Labor Participation was at recession levels when Obama left office, Trump hasn't been in office a week you fucking dolt, tell us again how the unemployment rate was at 5% under Obama you fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back