Am I the only one who doesn't care if ALi died?

Cassius Clay won ONE Olympic gold medal.

There is a boxer who won Olympic gold medal in 1948, 1952 and 1956.

If you don't know who that is and claim that Clay/Ali is the greatest boxer, ever, you are blind and totally wrong.
When it comes to boxers, Olympians arent the best of them. Most boxers arent even in their prime when they win a gold medal. By the time they are in their prime, they dont spend their time fighting for no money.

For the record, Tyson in his prime would stomp Ali in his prime.

I was wondering why this is getting so much air time. I really don't want to spend a lot of time on this man's death. Sad but I would really like to go on with my life.
He's one of the greatest Americans. An icon. I'm sure the coverage will end in a day but they don't make em like that anymore. Great athelete and a great symbol of pride for blacks

The draft dodger, Cassius Clay who turned his back on his country.

Is that the great American you are talking about?

Turned his back on his country? For refusing to be drafted in a system that punished the poor, protected the rich?
Ali had money when he dodged the draft. Being rich didnt help you get out of the war, unless you were in college or had some serious high level connections.

Well, your life is wanting to defund everything that keeps America a first world power. Ali was a man that wanted to be the best and you woould go crazy if we weren't the best but heck, lets defund it all and somehow expect to be afterwards. Idiocy.

^^^ Can someone translate this? ^^^

Ali had money when he dodged the draft. Being rich didn't help you get out of the war, unless you were in college or had some serious high level connections.
Isn't "serious high level connections" what the religious deferment was all about? :eusa_pray:

If you don't know who that is and claim that Clay/Ali is the greatest boxer, ever, you are blind and totally wrong.
When it comes to boxers, Olympians arent the best of them. Most boxers arent even in their prime when they win a gold medal. By the time they are in their prime, they dont spend their time fighting for no money.

Bullshit! Tyson's camp hand picked the chumps he whipped. I loved the Tyson undefeated run but he didn't beat anyone. Now holyfield and riddick bowe avoided him until he started showing weakness but remember that Russian guy who would have beat Tyson if he would have stopped hitting Tyson in the crotch. That match was rigged. So obvious.

Anyways, ID like to believe Tyson would have destroyed anyone when he was unstoppable I'm not so sure.

Tyson could have easily been rope a doped.

Ali had money when he dodged the draft. Being rich didn't help you get out of the war, unless you were in college or had some serious high level connections.
Isn't "serious high level connections" what the religious deferment was all about? :eusa_pray:
I love it that two of the greatest Americans in recent history are black. Mlk and Ali.

How do anti Muslim white America feel about Ali? Is he in hell?

if Ali was able to take punches by Shavers,Forman,Norton and Frazier and other heavies of his day,im sure Tyson would not be able to knock him out.....and there is no way he could out box him,so how would he stomp him?...

if Ali was able to take punches by Shavers,Forman,Norton and Frazier and other heavies of his day,im sure Tyson would not be able to knock him out.....and there is no way he could out box him,so how would he stomp him?...
Ali kept everyone on the outside, but Tyson was an expert at getting on the inside, and there was a time when Tyson had the hand speed of a light wieght! Show me a video of Norton or Foreman throwing like this.

Ali kept everyone on the outside, but Tyson was an expert at getting on the inside, and there was a time when Tyson had the hand speed of a light wieght! Show me a video of Norton or Foreman throwing like this.

so what?.....those other bigger guys could not stop ali and dont forget the speed of ali's punches,tysons face would be a bloody mess...and ali was kind of a master boxer himself...his jab would keep tyson away and tyson would probably punch himself out anyway.......and AIR doesnt hit back.....

I was wondering why this is getting so much air time. I really don't want to spend a lot of time on this man's death. Sad but I would really like to go on with my life.
He's one of the greatest Americans. An icon. I'm sure the coverage will end in a day but they don't make em like that anymore. Great athelete and a great symbol of pride for blacks

He wasn't a great American at all. He was a great boxer, that is all.

The liberals are going into overdrive to convince Americans he was a great person, probably because he was a black Muslim. They want so bad for everyone to accept Islamists as normal people. But the truth is he was an anti-Semite, womanizer, and a deadbeat dad, and rabid anti-white racist.

Turned his back on his country? For refusing to be drafted in a system that punished the poor, protected the rich, and treated people of his color like shit? Ali refused to go to a war we should never have been in and one in which the priority was good press and making the economy better. When your country helps hide klan murderers of children, allows restaurants to refuse you service, and treats you like a second class citizen, it takes a special sort of audacity to criticize someone for refusing to go kill people.

Then he should had moved out of the country and renounced his citizenship. But of course, like most blacks, they all know it's ten times better for blacks in America than it is back in any African shithole country.

He wasn't a great American at all. He was a great boxer, that is all.

The liberals are going into overdrive to convince Americans he was a great person, probably because he was a black Muslim. They want so bad for everyone to accept Islamists as normal people. But the truth is he was an anti-Semite, womanizer, and a deadbeat dad, and rabid anti-white racist.
Lots of better boxers. He was so much more. That's why if you ask anyone in the world if they know who Mohammad Ali is they'll all say yes.

He stood up to what was wrong with America and those whites who controlled America didn't like it.

Turned his back on his country? For refusing to be drafted in a system that punished the poor, protected the rich, and treated people of his color like shit? Ali refused to go to a war we should never have been in and one in which the priority was good press and making the economy better. When your country helps hide klan murderers of children, allows restaurants to refuse you service, and treats you like a second class citizen, it takes a special sort of audacity to criticize someone for refusing to go kill people.

Then he should had moved out of the country and renounced his citizenship. But of course, like most blacks, they all know it's ten times better for blacks in America than it is back in any African shithole country.
Then you should move when hillary wins or you should have left when Obama won a second term.

After bush lied us into Iraq I wouldn't allow myself to be drafted. If you don't have the right to life liberty and the persuit of happiness how free are you really?

You mean the conscientious objector who turned his back on being the #1 Heavyweight boxer in the world and all the money that entailed in the three years he couldn't fight? Who faced up to his decision and risked five years in prison rather than sneak across the border into Canada or go hide under an assumed name until Ford pardoned them? Ali had cohones. He was a brilliant athlete and a better showman and he never hesitated to speak up for what he saw as injustice in this country. Things were worse back then for blacks, and he certainly wasn't the only one with those beliefs in the 1960's. He just had the biggest mouth, and a microphone always handy. He used it with no fear. Draft dodgers ran. Ali stood his ground and fought.

He is an Icon of the liberal media, Black and Muslim and a Liberal. Radical
Everything they drool over.
To the rest of the US, he was a good boxer nothing more.

Yet, he didn't refuse to reap the benefits of being an American, did he?

You mean the benefits of being refused service at a lunch counter or seeing his people murdered for trying to register people to vote?

You mean the benefits of being refused service at a lunch counter or seeing his people murdered for trying to register people to vote?
Yeah, the poor guy never reaped any benefits, did he? And if he hated his country so much, why didn't he just leave? He could have still become the world champion.

Forum List

Back