Am i the only one who thinks it's GOOD the government shuts down?

Those Government employees who perform functions that will cause public harm immediately if they are not there get classified as "essential" and are not subject to a government shutdown

Many government functions.......contracts, R&D, public assistance, legal, budget work on a monthly or fiscal year timeline. Their absence is not felt for months but it still costs money

Bull shit. All that’s a lie. Every food stamp recipient gets their stuff. All Medicaid and Medicare stuff still gets processed. Every federal employee (leach) gets payed on time for every hour worked. Those who get sent him (which all should) won’t get paired or diddnt when it happened to us. But then if you don’t work you don’t deserve money.

Your fellow Americans should be penalized for taking a federal job?

Federal Employees do not lose pay during a shutdown
Congress pays them for not working and gives them their back pay

They had to sue for their pay the last time.
I responded mostly to his idea that there could be a shutdown for 5 or 6 months.

So? They should have lost. All who worked were paied. All who went home were not. There is no justification for paying someone for not working. Don’t matter, they got paied.

"IF WE DON'T SOLVE THIS FUNDING ISSUE , THE GOVERNMENT WILL SHUT DOWN !!!"

....alright

...bye

I am the only one thinking that there are too many people in the US who don't have the education to actually consider the consequences of such actions? Probably not.

Not likely, but you are definitely one of the pompous fucks who thinks they know everything.the government has shut down many times and the world did not end. Stop pushing the lie.

What consequences were there from those shut downs? What did they accomplish?

Bill Clinton got credit for making a good budget and that imaginary surplus the government diddnt think we tax payers we’re worthy of getting back. Lots of good came of it in my opinions. What is fact is that NOTHING bad happened.

Those Government employees who perform functions that will cause public harm immediately if they are not there get classified as "essential" and are not subject to a government shutdown

Many government functions.......contracts, R&D, public assistance, legal, budget work on a monthly or fiscal year timeline. Their absence is not felt for months but it still costs money

Bull shit. All that’s a lie. Every food stamp recipient gets their stuff. All Medicaid and Medicare stuff still gets processed. Every federal employee (leach) gets payed on time for every hour worked. Those who get sent him (which all should) won’t get paired or diddnt when it happened to us. But then if you don’t work you don’t deserve money.

Your fellow Americans should be penalized for taking a federal job?

Federal Employees do not lose pay during a shutdown
Congress pays them for not working and gives them their back pay

They had to sue for their pay the last time.
I responded mostly to his idea that there could be a shutdown for 5 or 6 months.

So? They should have lost. All who worked were paied. All who went home were not. There is no justification for paying someone for not working. Don’t matter, they got paied.

Or Republicans should not shut down in the first place.

What was gained by the shut down?

....alright

...bye

I am the only one thinking that there are too many people in the US who don't have the education to actually consider the consequences of such actions? Probably not.

Not likely, but you are definitely one of the pompous fucks who thinks they know everything.the government has shut down many times and the world did not end. Stop pushing the lie.

Bill Clinton got credit for making a good budget and that imaginary surplus the government diddnt think we tax payers we’re worthy of getting back. Lots of good came of it in my opinions. What is fact is that NOTHING bad happened.

You've said nothing. Give examples of the "good". A downgrade in our credit rating is not good in any way.

....alright

...bye

You've said nothing. Give wxamples of the "good". A downgrade in our credit rating is not good in any way.
With the debt we have a downgrade would be good then we'd be denied loans

But we all know government doesn't operate under the same rules we peasants do

Funny I never even noticed the government shut down in the past

It happens every weekend and Holiday, which is why I think most Dims seem so uptight and abrasive on the Holidays and weekends. They are just so fearful with government being closed.

The question is, why are they so uptight and abrasive on the weekdays?

Funny, I never noticed my grandfather dying. But he was dying.

But you noticed when he was dead didn't you?

Not really, no. I didn't really know my grandfather, he lived 3 hours away, I was like 8 years old when he got Parkinson's.

The point here is that often people don't notice things that don't have an immediate impact on them. You might not have noticed the govt shut down, but you might have noticed things that were caused by the shutdown without associating them with the shut down.

Not really, no. I didn't really know my grandfather, he lived 3 hours away, I was like 8 years old when he got Parkinson's.

The point here is that often people don't notice things that don't have an immediate impact on them. You might not have noticed the govt shut down, but you might have noticed things that were caused by the shutdown without associating them with the shut down.

It seems your grandfather's death had no impact on you so your analogy is poor

You've said nothing. Give wxamples of the "good". A downgrade in our credit rating is not good in any way.

That's not the way it works. The downgrade raises the interest rate for repayment. It actually costs more to repay the debt.

Explain why that is good.

That's not the way it works. The downgrade raises the interest rate for repayment. It actually costs more to repay the debt.

It means will won't be able to borrow as much and that is always good

It seems your grandfather's death had no impact on you so your analogy is poor

Not really. Of course it had an impact on me, but I didn't notice it. Seems to be about the same as what you said, the govt shut down, you didn't really notice it, but it would have had an impact on your life whether you noticed it or not.

But you can't borrow as much, but you pay the same as if you had more money. Er...

Why do we need to borrow? Doesn't the right wing know how to make more money with massive amounts of money at their disposal?

Forum List

Back