Am i the only one who thinks it's GOOD the government shuts down?

it's very bad for all of us taxpayers....by shutting down, instead of paying our bills for what was spent and borrowed, we will lose our credit rating, and any drop in credit rating will raise our interest rates on the 20 trillion national debt, which will force us to raise taxes on everyone to pay for simply the interest payment on our debt.

A VERY BAD IDEA

that's very very very bad for us and future generations....
I thought they just printed new money? what's wrong with you? Otherwise, the congress would actually layoff unnecessary items of the government to which they spend. I never see spending cut. NEVER. how is that? if one is not bringing in money, than one needs to stop spending right? how am I wrong? BTW, there is money available to pay bills, so you lie. tax revenue does not stop.

Bill Clinton got credit for making a good budget and that imaginary surplus the government diddnt think we tax payers we’re worthy of getting back. Lots of good came of it in my opinions. What is fact is that NOTHING bad happened.

You've said nothing. Give wxamples of the "good". A downgrade in our credit rating is not good in any way.
With the debt we have a downgrade would be good then we'd be denied loans

But we all know government doesn't operate under the same rules we peasants do

That's not the way it works. The downgrade raises the interest rate for repayment. It actually costs more to repay the debt.

Explain why that is good.

It means will won't be able to borrow as much and that is always good
Why do we need to borrow? Doesn't the right wing know how to make more money with massive amounts of money at their disposal?
ever hear of stop spending what you don't have? how about that? why are dems and reps against spending cuts? Stop spending 10% across the board. lay off some people who do nothing all day? it's easy, my company's been doing it for over 15 years now.

Funny I never even noticed the government shut down in the past

Funny, I never noticed my grandfather dying. But he was dying.

But you noticed when he was dead didn't you?

Not really, no. I didn't really know my grandfather, he lived 3 hours away, I was like 8 years old when he got Parkinson's.

The point here is that often people don't notice things that don't have an immediate impact on them. You might not have noticed the govt shut down, but you might have noticed things that were caused by the shutdown without associating them with the shut down.

It seems your grandfather's death had no impact on you so your analogy is poor

Not really. Of course it had an impact on me, but I didn't notice it. Seems to be about the same as what you said, the govt shut down, you didn't really notice it, but it would have had an impact on your life whether you noticed it or not.
If you didn't notice it had no impact.

I have relative I have never met. If they all died 10 minutes from now it would have no impact on me whatsoever

You've said nothing. Give wxamples of the "good". A downgrade in our credit rating is not good in any way.

That's not the way it works. The downgrade raises the interest rate for repayment. It actually costs more to repay the debt.

Why do we need to borrow? Doesn't the right wing know how to make more money with massive amounts of money at their disposal?
ever hear of stop spending what you don't have? how about that? why are dems and reps against spending cuts? Stop spending 10% across the board. lay off some people who do nothing all day? it's easy, my company's been doing it for over 15 years now.
Don't cut taxes until you have cut spending first

Bill Clinton got credit for making a good budget and that imaginary surplus the government diddnt think we tax payers we’re worthy of getting back. Lots of good came of it in my opinions. What is fact is that NOTHING bad happened.

But you can't borrow as much, but you pay the same as if you had more money. Er...

Anything that stops our addiction to borrowing is a good thing

cut them both at the same time

I believe the right wing deserves most of the blame for that. There is no drug war clause in the Republican doctrine.

Yup, I'm sure Democrats are all over that one, especially since they're the ones that increased spending with the previous administration.

I believe the right wing deserves most of the blame for that. There is no drug war clause in the Republican doctrine.
I included them. The fact is, revenue still comes in if the government shuts down. they do not stop paying bills, all a farce to the lie propagated by the left MSM to encourage support for more spending. It's just fking false to make a claim that bills won't get paid. Now, make 10% cuts across all nonessential government functions and all is good. what is it you're afraid of? being disciplined or responsible/ accountable to the american people?

"IF WE DON'T SOLVE THIS FUNDING ISSUE , THE GOVERNMENT WILL SHUT DOWN !!!"

....alright

...bye
I bet you'd be very happy to see disabled veterans suffering even more on top of their service connected disabilities waiting for their compensation checks to come so they eek out what's left of their life, wouldn't you you fucking freak?

I included them. The fact is, revenue still comes in if the government shuts down. they do not stop paying bills, all a farce to the lie propagated by the left MSM to encourage support for more spending. It's just fking false to make a claim that bills won't get paid. Now, make 10% cuts across all nonessential government functions and all is good. what is it you're afraid of? being disciplined or responsible/ accountable to the american people?
There is no drug war clause in the Republican doctrine.

Cut the drug war to pay for health care.

And, we need to audit the methodology, not the Fed. Our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror have to be listed under defense spending not welfare spending. Then, we can cut ten percent across the board.

....alright

...bye
I bet you'd be very happy to see disabled veterans suffering even more on top of their service connected disabilities waiting for their compensation checks to come so they eek out what's left of their life, wouldn't you you fucking freak?

Lie. Never happened before and wouldn’t happen again. It’s lemmings like you repeating those lies that causes all the trouble. What you do here is worse then not paying the vets. You use the memory of their service to spread lies on a message board. Makes you a skosh more scummy then the typical libtard.

cut them both at the same time

Exactly

....alright

...bye

Lie. Never happened before and wouldn’t happen again. It’s lemmings like you repeating those lies that causes all the trouble. What you do here is worse then not paying the vets. You use the memory of their service to spread lies on a message board. Makes you a skosh more scummy then the typical libtard.
Another ignorant fuck that does't know Shit from Shinola. I am a vet you sack of wet turds, with two deployments to the armpit of the World in 1966 and again in 1967 with an adjudicated disability award of 100% Total and Permanent! So who might have more inside info on the VA and a bit keener insight and INTEREST in the possibility of an interruption of benefit payments????

The following is from a 2013 VA notification promulgated after the last fucking shutdown your fucking cabal engineered which put the hammer to your bullshit claim that veterans would NEVER have their monthly compensation withheld;

"Claims processing and payments in the compensation, pension, education, and vocational rehabilitation programs are anticipated to continue through late October. However, in the event of a prolonged shutdown, claims processing and payments in these programs would be suspended when available funding is exhausted"
~~ https://www.va.gov/opa/docs/Field_Guide_20130927.pdf ~~

If there are not funds, there can be no payments, shit for brains. Without prior legislative relief which is NOT IN PLACE PRESENTLY, you imbecile, checks could not be drawn from zeroed out accounts!!

Last edited:
If the government shuts down, Republicans will pay the price. When Gingrich shut down the government, Republicans lost seats in a year when normally the party out of power gains seats. If it shuts down over things shut as DACA and CSRs, the public will be on the side of Democrats.

....alright

...bye

Another ignorant fuck that does't know Shit from Shinola. I am a vet you sack of wet turds, with two deployments to the armpit of the World in 1966 and again in 1967 with an adjudicated disability award of 100% Total and Permanent! So who might have more inside info on the VA and a bit keener insight and INTEREST in the possibility of an interruption of benefit payments????

The following is from a 2013 VA notification promulgated after the last fucking shutdown your fucking cabal engineered which put the hammer to your bullshit claim that veterans would NEVER have their monthly compensation withheld;

"Claims processing and payments in the compensation, pension, education, and vocational rehabilitation programs are anticipated to continue through late October. However, in the event of a prolonged shutdown, claims processing and payments in these programs would be suspended when available funding is exhausted"

If there are not funds, there can be no payments, shit for brains. Without prior legislative relief which is NOT IN PLACE PRESENTLY, you imbecile, checks could not be drawn from zeroed out accounts!!

We will start with “I’m a get” take your service and ram it right up your asshole you rear echolon cock sheath. Shit birds like you are typical. You flaunt your 1 year national guard and 12 year RaoTC service so you can get a free cup of coffie. So up front, fuck your service. It does not entitle you to shit from me or any other American and it does not Imbue one with super special insight to shit. I don’t owe you dick . So just because you went to Boy Scouts in middle school and had to dodge cocks in the showers which gave you PTSD, your free money would not stop. Diddnt last time and won’t this time.

....alright

...bye
Now you want to take care of the veterans. where were you when obummer was chief? and why? the VA is budgeted for. tax revenues will pay them. Do you think because the government shuts down, bills aren't paid?

....alright

...bye

why wouldn't there be funds? do you think they stop taking tax dollars out of my paycheck? really? LOL

....alright

...bye
Now you want to take care of the veterans. where were you when obummer was chief? and why? the VA is budgeted for. tax revenues will pay them. Do you think because the government shuts down, bills aren't paid?

Or where these dick heads going on about Vietnam era shit? Talk about a neglect ed group! Yet these tards go on about veterans care? I mean, one of their democrat heros tried to say they raped and murdered their way across south Aisia, yet here they are now saying those same people love them?

Forum List

Back