America is Finished

I figured Barack Obama was a passing fad. Sure,he had that "first black president" thing going so naturally he was going to win the first time. Second time, a fluke from massive black turnout in key states. But this was surely the GOP's time. We started the campaign with the best bench of candidates I've seen in some time. Sober serious men who understood politics and had a record of achievement. Governors, senators, whatever. In past years we would have picked the best of these.
Instead we've gotten a barbarian. An outsider with no political experience. Ross Perot with a bad combover and attitude. Someone who combines the humility of Obama with the warmth of Adolph Hitler and the integrity of Hillary Clinton. But he is liked because he is a reality star. Because he has an image. We will nominate an image for the GOP. And whether Drumpf wins or loses the gOP is done. Maybe it was past its expiration date anyway.
We are long past the time for reasoned discussion here. We are past relying on facts and arguments. I see it here. Someone points out something about Trump, is challenged, proves it, adn the contention is dismissed anyway. The Dem side is no better. They are nominating someone who ought to be in prison and who changes her position more often than her Depends.
Political discourse is dead. Values are dead. The incivility we've seen at Trump rallies and other places means it will never come back. America is reduced to a mean, squabbling jealous collection of tribes.

He wins because he isn't Obama, Mrs. Tuzla Clinton or Cruz.

We need a business man to make the economy right. Obama, Clinton and Cruz are all politicians and we know where politicians have gotten us.
We needed a washington outsider to make things right.
That's where Obama came in. How did that work out for everyone? Why will Trump be any better?
Obama wasn't a Washington outsider, he was a lobbyist.
So is Trump dummy
For what? What did he lobby for?

[

You stupid fuck! You just claimed so called right wing radio and TV supported Trump when thats the farthest thing from the truth.

You NEVER know what you're talking about. You're dumber than a stopped clock.

earned%20media.jpg

PS, 'earned' means 'free'.
It was more than 90% negative moron.

I figured Barack Obama was a passing fad. Sure,he had that "first black president" thing going so naturally he was going to win the first time. Second time, a fluke from massive black turnout in key states. But this was surely the GOP's time. We started the campaign with the best bench of candidates I've seen in some time. Sober serious men who understood politics and had a record of achievement. Governors, senators, whatever. In past years we would have picked the best of these.
Instead we've gotten a barbarian. An outsider with no political experience. Ross Perot with a bad combover and attitude. Someone who combines the humility of Obama with the warmth of Adolph Hitler and the integrity of Hillary Clinton. But he is liked because he is a reality star. Because he has an image. We will nominate an image for the GOP. And whether Drumpf wins or loses the gOP is done. Maybe it was past its expiration date anyway.
We are long past the time for reasoned discussion here. We are past relying on facts and arguments. I see it here. Someone points out something about Trump, is challenged, proves it, adn the contention is dismissed anyway. The Dem side is no better. They are nominating someone who ought to be in prison and who changes her position more often than her Depends.
Political discourse is dead. Values are dead. The incivility we've seen at Trump rallies and other places means it will never come back. America is reduced to a mean, squabbling jealous collection of tribes.

We need a business man to make the economy right. Obama, Clinton and Cruz are all politicians and we know where politicians have gotten us.
That's where Obama came in. How did that work out for everyone? Why will Trump be any better?
So is Trump dummy
Himself.

Thank God the gop mourners aren't Sioux or Muslim, because the noise those women make mourning would wake the dman dead.

"America is Finished"

Your title is a bit disingenuous.

The GOP hasn't been representing the majority of American voters for a long time. The republican party can win the white house. The party just doesn't have a good eye for genuine talent. Good, intelligent, moral people exist within the party. Seek them out in enough time to make their names household words and the GOP has as good an opportunity as the other guys at winning the presidency.
Any Republican candidate is more moral than any Democratic candidate that has run for decades.

The Democrats have had a monopoly on the culture and that is the only way they can ever win national elections with their standard hypocritical crap.

So is Trump dummy
Himself.
That is called a politician, not a lobbyist.

Ignoramuses is the worst insult ever cast at me and sadly I deserved it.

America in 2016 makes me remember the public emotions I saw in Munich1932. This time I think the results will be a little different but not all that much over the long haul.

Note, NOT the players - the GAME!

So is Trump dummy
Himself.
LMAO but you guys say he isnt a politician

"America is Finished"

Your title is a bit disingenuous.

The GOP hasn't been representing the majority of American voters for a long time. The republican party can win the white house. The party just doesn't have a good eye for genuine talent. Good, intelligent, moral people exist within the party. Seek them out in enough time to make their names household words and the GOP has as good an opportunity as the other guys at winning the presidency.
Any Republican candidate is more moral than any Democratic candidate that has run for decades.

The Democrats have had a monopoly on the culture and that is the only way they can ever win national elections with their standard hypocritical crap.

Every American voter is responsible to do their best to vet candidates. It is what it is.

America in 2016 makes me remember the public emotions I saw in Munich1932. This time I think the results will be a little different but not all that much over the long haul.

Were you actually in Munich in 1932?

I've been saying all along - we'll look back at Obama's term in office, and we'll see that it really was the time that the country began to fundamentally transform, just as he promised.

Whether a person thinks that's a good thing or a bad thing, he ended up keeping his promise.

Full disclosure, I think the die was cast before he was elected, but he'll get the credit.

I've been saying all along - we'll look back at Obama's term in office, and we'll see that it really was the time that the country began to fundamentally transform, just as he promised.

Whether a person thinks that's a good thing or a bad thing, he ended up keeping his promise.

Full disclosure, I think the die was cast before he was elected, but he'll get the credit.
It was a change in society, I've decided. My daughter nailed it. She said we've confused name recognition for authority. So today there are people on YouTube who ar well known for whatever. But because we know who they are suddenly that means they have something valuable to add. So we get news about who the Beastie Boys are endorsing in the presidential race, etc. Name recognition equals power. And Trump understood that well.

It was a change in society, I've decided. My daughter nailed it. She said we've confused name recognition for authority. So today there are people on YouTube who ar well known for whatever. But because we know who they are suddenly that means they have something valuable to add. So we get news about who the Beastie Boys are endorsing in the presidential race, etc. Name recognition equals power. And Trump understood that well.
I look at him as one of many, many symptoms of a culture in decay.

They're not terribly difficult to find at this point.

So is Trump dummy
Himself.
LMAO but you guys say he isnt a politician
He was a politician on a micro level selling his namesake company's brand all over, but that is quite different from running for the power to govern someone all your life.

I felt the same way after W won a second term.

He was a war criminal and we re-elected him.

There's something about supporting Crump that makes people lose their minds.

Again, I think minds were lost a long time ago.

The GOP has ALWAYS run this risk. Appeal to the worst elements of racism, sexism and religion to entice working class whites to vote against their own economic self interests. Take the bitter pill of Plutocracy and wrap it up in Bacon of White Bigotry.

Tax cuts for rich people? Working folks don't care about that. Tax cuts so we don't give money to them welfare people? We are all for that.

You've always run the risk of a populist just ignoring that bitter pill of and just feeding them gobs of bacon. Usually, the GOP has said they would rather lose than nominate a populist, which is exactly what they did in 1996 with Pat Buchanan and 2008 with Mike Huckabee.

Trump won because he could overcome a weakened establishment.

Now, the question is, does the rest of the GOP support him and permanently adopt the stance of the GOP being a White Identity Party.

Me? I believe we're on the verge of a total comeback once we get the Obama chains off us. He's been a terrible president....a joke. But he wasn't nearly as bad as Clinton...a traitor who sold our missile telemetry secrets to the Chi-Coms for campaign money....He should have been hanged on the South Lawn for that and yet many still revere his time in office...unbelievable. Once his witch wife is either in prison or exile, we can find our balance and get busy again. The world is begging us for leadership and the markets are begging us to get rich enough to buy their products again. We'll be fine, hell, GREAT again if Trump is anything like he claims to be.

I think we see what Trump appeals to in its raw form here. Unreasoning anger at being bested in the political arena time after time.

Jesus, you're old enough to have seen the horseless carriages make their debut.

Forum List

Back