America is Finished

I figured Barack Obama was a passing fad. Sure,he had that "first black president" thing going so naturally he was going to win the first time. Second time, a fluke from massive black turnout in key states. But this was surely the GOP's time. We started the campaign with the best bench of candidates I've seen in some time. Sober serious men who understood politics and had a record of achievement. Governors, senators, whatever. In past years we would have picked the best of these.
Instead we've gotten a barbarian. An outsider with no political experience. Ross Perot with a bad combover and attitude. Someone who combines the humility of Obama with the warmth of Adolph Hitler and the integrity of Hillary Clinton. But he is liked because he is a reality star. Because he has an image. We will nominate an image for the GOP. And whether Drumpf wins or loses the gOP is done. Maybe it was past its expiration date anyway.
We are long past the time for reasoned discussion here. We are past relying on facts and arguments. I see it here. Someone points out something about Trump, is challenged, proves it, adn the contention is dismissed anyway. The Dem side is no better. They are nominating someone who ought to be in prison and who changes her position more often than her Depends.
Political discourse is dead. Values are dead. The incivility we've seen at Trump rallies and other places means it will never come back. America is reduced to a mean, squabbling jealous collection of tribes.

He wins because he isn't Obama, Mrs. Tuzla Clinton or Cruz.

We need a business man to make the economy right. Obama, Clinton and Cruz are all politicians and we know where politicians have gotten us.
We needed a washington outsider to make things right.
That's where Obama came in. How did that work out for everyone? Why will Trump be any better?
Obama wasn't a Washington outsider, he was a lobbyist.
So is Trump dummy

I figured Barack Obama was a passing fad. Sure,he had that "first black president" thing going so naturally he was going to win the first time. Second time, a fluke from massive black turnout in key states. But this was surely the GOP's time. We started the campaign with the best bench of candidates I've seen in some time. Sober serious men who understood politics and had a record of achievement. Governors, senators, whatever. In past years we would have picked the best of these.
Instead we've gotten a barbarian. An outsider with no political experience. Ross Perot with a bad combover and attitude. Someone who combines the humility of Obama with the warmth of Adolph Hitler and the integrity of Hillary Clinton. But he is liked because he is a reality star. Because he has an image. We will nominate an image for the GOP. And whether Drumpf wins or loses the gOP is done. Maybe it was past its expiration date anyway.
We are long past the time for reasoned discussion here. We are past relying on facts and arguments. I see it here. Someone points out something about Trump, is challenged, proves it, adn the contention is dismissed anyway. The Dem side is no better. They are nominating someone who ought to be in prison and who changes her position more often than her Depends.
Political discourse is dead. Values are dead. The incivility we've seen at Trump rallies and other places means it will never come back. America is reduced to a mean, squabbling jealous collection of tribes.
viral-bambina-piange.jpg
How you going to vote in Canada?We already knew who you would support since you are a idiot who hates non white peope.

We need a business man to make the economy right. Obama, Clinton and Cruz are all politicians and we know where politicians have gotten us.

A country is not a business. It doesn't have the same goals as a business. It can't be run like a business. Only an idiot wouldn't see the difference.

Its both parties. They're rotten and their depravity knows no bounds. This country is in deep deep deep deep shit.
America is slowly but surely going down the same road as the Roman Empire did and for many of the same reasons. I never thought I would see the day when I couldn't bring myself to vote for either Presidential candidate but that time has arrived.

What reasons are those?

The GOP put Trump center stage repeatedly in the early debates. The ratings hungry media gave him a hundred times the air time of any other candidate. Not to mention that fact that the mainstream of the GOP managed to put together the most vulnerable collection of tomato cans (aka the other candidates) to be knocked out one by one. What was once effusively referred to in many circles as the GOP 'deep bench'.

The man that files bankruptcy on his business....4 times.
Laughing-Meme-Gif-07.gif

[

You stupid fuck! You just claimed so called right wing radio and TV supported Trump when thats the farthest thing from the truth.

You NEVER know what you're talking about. You're dumber than a stopped clock.

earned%20media.jpg

PS, 'earned' means 'free'.
1 - that has noting to do with your original point unless you are claiming that the chart only represents 'right wing' media. I would bet that left wing media was far worse than right wing in covering Trump. I would also wonder if you would claim that they support him as well.

2 - this is not going to change during the general. If it so controlled the primary, why do you think it will be different in the general?

[

You stupid fuck! You just claimed so called right wing radio and TV supported Trump when thats the farthest thing from the truth.

earned%20media.jpg

1 - that has noting to do with your original point unless you are claiming that the chart only represents 'right wing' media. I would bet that left wing media was far worse than right wing in covering Trump. I would also wonder if you would claim that they support him as well.

2 - this is not going to change during the general. If it so controlled the primary, why do you think it will be different in the general?

My point is that the media gave Trump by far more free publicity than any other candidate.

Yes you will see conservative talk radio wonks flip-flop like Jimmy Buffet stepping on a pop-top, (Pop-top for you young'ns is the tab on a beverage can that used to come off when you opened it, rather than being part of the can, and was then tossed on the ground. Sharp edges), and start touting Trump as the next coming of Christ as if he were born out of Reagan's ass.

Informative but you sure fucked up that quote. Stepped on a beer cap and blew out my flip-flop..

[

earned%20media.jpg

My point is that the media gave Trump by far more free publicity than any other candidate.
I think that is a given. The question being how much that effected the actual outcome considering that the overwhelming majority of that was negative.

Me? I believe we're on the verge of a total comeback once we get the Obama chains off us. He's been a terrible president....a joke. But he wasn't nearly as bad as Clinton...a traitor who sold our missile telemetry secrets to the Chi-Coms for campaign money....He should have been hanged on the South Lawn for that and yet many still revere his time in office...unbelievable. Once his witch wife is either in prison or exile, we can find our balance and get busy again. The world is begging us for leadership and the markets are begging us to get rich enough to buy their products again. We'll be fine, hell, GREAT again if Trump is anything like he claims to be.

[

earned%20media.jpg

I think that is a given. The question being how much that effected the actual outcome considering that the overwhelming majority of that was negative.

It was mighty soft on MSNBC, of all places, at least on the 3 hour Morning Joe show.

I'll just say this, America isn't finished until it finishes it's peas and takes it's plate to the sink.

[

earned%20media.jpg

Your chart is worthless.
Buying time has nothing to do with whether or not they support Trump you moron.
And it says nothing about whether it's bad press or good when they discuss him.
You sir are an idiot.

Forum List

Back