🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America was Britain's Vietnam

Kind of like people slapping "-gate" and the end of everything... fucking shit annoys me...
I know! People keep saying that about the little swinging door on the fence in front of my house, and it really pisses me off. The other day, the local police were looking into a case they had invested a lot of time in, and these assholes just couldn't resist slapping "gate" at the end of it.

It is a pretty forced analogy, but there were some similarities. They were both distant foreign wars in places the home population didn't care or think much about until their sons started dying there. Also, the longer it went on, the more help the defenders got from another major power, and eventually the defenders won and the major power was forced to cut their losses. But that's about where it ends.

It is a pretty forced analogy, but there were some similarities. They were both distant foreign wars in places the home population didn't care or think much about until their sons started dying there. Also, the longer it went on, the more help the defenders got from another major power, and eventually the defenders won and the major power was forced to cut their losses. But that's about where it ends.

You know what ended the American Revolution? The British Parliament said the war with America was draining to many resources. It wasn't worth the cost.

You know what ended the Vietnam War? The American government said the war said the war with Vietnam was draining to many resources. It wasn't worth the cost.

What evidence is there for the Soviets to cooperate with China in the Vietnam War?
Considering that the USSR itself was at that time at war with China, this is unlikely.

Same reasons Israelis cooperate with Saudi Arabia against Iran and Finns cooperated with Germany against the Soviets.

Same reasons Israelis cooperate with Saudi Arabia against Iran and Finns cooperated with Germany against the Soviets.
I see no reason

By the way, Germany does not play against Russia, it can only be at the level of television clowns. Russia is pursuing an openly pro-German policy; this is one of the reasons for the attempts to sanction the Nord Stream.
And they are playing against the United States, like the rest of British Europe as a whole. Europe contributed to the reduction of the missile defense program.

most of American history is powerful and compelling, but some of it, like the Vietnam episode, is shameful beyond words

Forum List

Back