American Atheists Lose.. 9-11 Cross stays.

Us guys?

I am a Jew. Not very religious either.

I simply respect the sentiments of other people and if it affects me, I turn the other way.

It's like when i walk by a menorah, or a statue of Vishnu, or a Buddha, it doesn't bother me.

That makes us fall into the category of "not an asshole"
Doesn't bother either, unless I helped pay for it against my wishes or it's on public property. Then it bothers me, unless everyone else also has their religious nonsense there.

So basically you just like being an asshole. A flaming asshole. A giant useless dickbag asshole.

Got it.

Us guys?

I am a Jew. Not very religious either.

I simply respect the sentiments of other people and if it affects me, I turn the other way.

It's like when i walk by a menorah, or a statue of Vishnu, or a Buddha, it doesn't bother me.

Doesn't bother either, unless I helped pay for it against my wishes or it's on public property. Then it bothers me, unless everyone else also has their religious nonsense there.

So then you understand Hobby Lobby's position and you agree with it.

I thought you felt otherwise.

So basically you just like being an asshole. A flaming asshole. A giant useless dickbag asshole.

Got it.

No, I like the government not to play favorites with religion and the Christians not to believe that they can get away with it just because they usually do. You don't want a piece of the building there, you want a piece that looks like the symbol of Christianity...

Healthcare is a societal need. You don't get those from a capitalistic employer so i don't give a damn what is in or out of their healthcare plan. If you work for those idiots, you made your bed however if they provide a plan, then they should have to do so by our rules. In this case, they were treated like a church when what they are is a business. It's stupid but we are a nation of stupid people...

Got it.

No, I like the government not to play favorites with religion and the Christians not to believe that they can get away with it just because they usually do. You don't want a piece of the building there, you want a piece that looks like the symbol of Christianity...

And how the fuck does that harm you? So basically only YOUR view is viable, and everyone has to kowtow to your position. Again, you are an asshole.

And we both know it isn't about money. In that case in San Diego they people were willing to pay for a plot of land to hold the cross, AND maintain it, but the Atheist suing said no.

No Jews complained, No Hindus complained, No Wiccans complained, none wanted their thing put there as well. Only Atheists seem to be so butthurt about any display of any religion in public. Strike that, they only have balls to go after Christians, when it comes to other religions they are a bunch of cowardly faggots.

We will not be able to get close to an optimal society as long as organized religion is allowed to exist.

I find it impossible to stop smiling when I imagine the brutality with which Christians, Muslims, and Jews would be treated. Mass slaughters and imprisonment. The redistribution of their children. All strains of religious thought must be eradicated.

Last edited:

Got it.

And how the fuck does that harm you? So basically only YOUR view is viable, and everyone has to kowtow to your position. Again, you are an asshole.

And we both know it isn't about money. In that case in San Diego they people were willing to pay for a plot of land to hold the cross, AND maintain it, but the Atheist suing said no.

No Jews complained, No Hindus complained, No Wiccans complained, none wanted their thing put there as well. Only Atheists seem to be so butthurt about any display of any religion in public. Strike that, they only have balls to go after Christians, when it comes to other religions they are a bunch of cowardly faggots.
More emotion next time please, thanks.

Your lack of rationality is the very root of the problem.

We will not be able to get close to an optimal society as long as organized religion is allowed to exist.

I find it impossible to stop smiling when I imagine the brutality with which Christians, Muslims, and Jews would be treated. Mass slaughters and imprisonment. The redistribution of their children. All strains of religious thought must be eradicated.

So many Christians, so few lions...

More emotion next time please, thanks.

Your lack of rationality is the very root of the problem.

Emotion in the defense of righteousness is never a defect.

And you added more than enough snark in the rest of this post to offend people of faith, and those who agree with them on freedom to choke a horse. Snark is emotion as well, emotion of the asshole.

Like you, an asshole.

Healthcare is a societal need. You don't get those from a capitalistic employer so i don't give a damn what is in or out of their healthcare plan. If you work for those idiots, you made your bed however if they provide a plan, then they should have to do so by our rules. In this case, they were treated like a church when what they are is a business. It's stupid but we are a nation of stupid people...

Oh. I see.

So if it agrees with what you like, then it is good.

But if it agrees with something you don't like, it is bad.

For some reason, I knew you were like that.

"PaintMyHouse, but don't store the paint in my backyard."

Oh. I see.

So if it agrees with what you like, then it is good.

But if it agrees with something you don't like, it is bad.

For some reason, I knew you were like that.

"PaintMyHouse, but don't store the paint in my backyard."
I deal in reality. What the SC says stands, until it doesn't for whatever reason. The court is neither good nor bad, the mentality of children, the court is the court. When it goes the wrong way, we find a way to adjust, eventually, or it reverses itself, which it is loath to do.

And you added more than enough snark in the rest of this post to offend people of faith, and those who agree with them on freedom to choke a horse. Snark is emotion as well, emotion of the asshole.

Like you, an asshole.

I suspect that your adversary does not mind offending "people of faith", because he correctly understands that religious faith is by definition irrational. Of course, it's rather unlikely that he is brave enough to take the next step: to do everything possible to stamp out religious thought and practice.

Only an idiot would believe in some sort of supernatural entity. These idiots do not deserve to freely function in society. They should be jailed and beaten.

Last edited:

Like you, an asshole.

I suspect that your adversary does not mind offending "people of faith", because he correctly understands that religious faith is by definition irrational. Of course, it's rather unlikely that he is brave enough to take the next step: to do everything possible to stamp out religious thought and practice.

Only an idiot would believe in some sort of supernatural entity. These idiots do not deserve to freely function in society. They should be jailed and beaten.
Ideas don't die just because you kill those who believe in them. Mankind is a species that cannot grow beyond its myths, which is why mankind is a disease and the world would be better off without it, the sooner, the better.

Interesting post, PaintMyHouse. I would assert that superior humans should be allowed to live. They will likely be capable of transcending the natural fear and irrationality that is the foundation of theistic thought, not to mention all of the other ideas that the common stupid human animal currently believes.

Mankind is indeed a disease, but I think we can mutate it into something benign, or maybe even outright beneficial!

They weren't asking for it to be taken down. They were requesting a plaque to be placed in the "Finding Meaning Exhibit" and a plaque would not be an artifact and atheists don't have a symbol to draw from in any of those artifacts. The case says that this particular cross is a part of the telling of the events after 9/11 both in it's discovery and afterwards. The court held that it failed the Lemon test.

I doubt very seriously that this is going to be used all that often. One would freaking hope not to have a repeat of that type of situation.
http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisio...c2371c6-ddc1-4f29-aec9-a8f807a6f0a7/1/hilite/

Actually, I heard this morning that they DID want it removed. Apparently, some testimonies included people saying that the site of the cross, itself, made them ill.
Not sure what the truth is.
Maybe that's because if you think about it, which you guys don't, there was no God there that day, or if he was there he was on the side of the 19 who killed 150 times that many. Now that's a slaughter worthy of the Bible eh?

You guys make a big deal out of symbols while your actions undermine the faith all damn day long. Godspeed little friends...

Many radical Muslims believe that their God, Allah, was there that day.

While that ruling was not a surprise, what was written into the ruling is a major defeat for the Anti-Christians out there..

Looks like the ACLU and the rest of the Christian Haters are going to be in for a rough time...

9/11 Cross Is Safe From Atheist Group?s Lawsuit After Judge Gives Unusual Reason For Protecting It

The appellate court stated in a unanimous decision that the cross is historic as much as it is religious:

“As a matter of law, the record compels the conclusion that appellees’ actual purpose in displaying The Cross at Ground Zero has always been secular: to recount the history of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and their aftermath.” —Circuit Judge Reena Raggi

And this:

“Thus, the Establishment Clause is not properly construed to command that government accounts of history be devoid of religious references. Nor is a permissible secular purpose transformed into an impermissible religious one because the government makes an historical point with an artifact whose historical significance derives, in whole or in part, from its religious symbolism.” —General Court Ruling Documentation

Expect this ruling to be referred to in future cases the Left brings.

let it be noted YOU were FIRST to bring up RACISM ....

Actually, I heard this morning that they DID want it removed. Apparently, some testimonies included people saying that the site of the cross, itself, made them ill.
Not sure what the truth is.
Maybe that's because if you think about it, which you guys don't, there was no God there that day, or if he was there he was on the side of the 19 who killed 150 times that many. Now that's a slaughter worthy of the Bible eh?

You guys make a big deal out of symbols while your actions undermine the faith all damn day long. Godspeed little friends...

Many radical Muslims believe that their God, Allah, was there that day.
Based upon the numbers, he was. And there god is God, the god of the Jews and the Muslims, but not yours, which is the son of their god.

Forum List

Back