American Atheists Lose.. 9-11 Cross stays.

Why are atheists so up in arms over a cross? Nobody is forcing religious views on them. I don't believe pro wrestling is real, but I don't go to court to try stopping it. I don't believe in Elvis sightings, but I don't try shouting down those that think Elvis is alive. I don't believe that communion wine literally turns into Christ's blood, but I fully support Catholics first amendment right to believe it does.

I think that atheists that fight against the free exercise clause are terrified that they're wrong, and that's why they're so vocal.
They fight because they don't want public funds used to support private faiths, or their symbols in this case. Why do you care about a bent piece of steel from a collapsed building? Oh right, because it looks like a Cross, the Symbol of Christianity...
I suppose if we had a primitive tribe of Indians in America trekking up the side of a volcano in a national park to pray to their god, the volcano, you'd have them thrown out and jailed.

No, I like the government not to play favorites with religion and the Christians not to believe that they can get away with it just because they usually do. You don't want a piece of the building there, you want a piece that looks like the symbol of Christianity...

And how the fuck does that harm you? So basically only YOUR view is viable, and everyone has to kowtow to your position. Again, you are an asshole.

And we both know it isn't about money. In that case in San Diego they people were willing to pay for a plot of land to hold the cross, AND maintain it, but the Atheist suing said no.

No Jews complained, No Hindus complained, No Wiccans complained, none wanted their thing put there as well. Only Atheists seem to be so butthurt about any display of any religion in public. Strike that, they only have balls to go after Christians, when it comes to other religions they are a bunch of cowardly faggots.
More emotion next time please, thanks.

Your lack of rationality is the very root of the problem.
Freedom OF religion, Bucko, not freedom FROM religion.

Emotion in the defense of righteousness is never a defect.

And you added more than enough snark in the rest of this post to offend people of faith, and those who agree with them on freedom to choke a horse. Snark is emotion as well, emotion of the asshole.

Like you, an asshole.

I suspect that your adversary does not mind offending "people of faith", because he correctly understands that religious faith is by definition irrational. Of course, it's rather unlikely that he is brave enough to take the next step: to do everything possible to stamp out religious thought and practice.

Only an idiot would believe in some sort of supernatural entity. These idiots do not deserve to freely function in society. They should be jailed and beaten.
Well, aren't you special?

It takes effort to out-troll a troll, bravo, you are a bigger deek than paintmyhouse.

I want to make it clear that I am not trolling. I genuinely hold my positions. I advocate strict, brutal totalitarianism. The average human is woefully ill-equipped to make proper decisions of any importance....

and of course you are right?....

Anybody able to transform society in such a massively positive way would certainly be granted some influence in the new society, so, yes.

The average human needs his "right" to worship to be violently and irrevocably stripped away. Only then can he work to his full potential. The only "religious" type feeling we should allow to grow on the street is towards the leaders of their new world. And as a bonus, after a while, perhaps within a generation, you'll find these humans start to worship the "state" on their own accord! They'll start ascribing supernatural qualities to their Superiors (capital S), and thoughts of resistance will become foreign.

It will just take some brutality, and some patience.

Why are atheists so up in arms over a cross? Nobody is forcing religious views on them. I don't believe pro wrestling is real, but I don't go to court to try stopping it. I don't believe in Elvis sightings, but I don't try shouting down those that think Elvis is alive. I don't believe that communion wine literally turns into Christ's blood, but I fully support Catholics first amendment right to believe it does.

I think that atheists that fight against the free exercise clause are terrified that they're wrong, and that's why they're so vocal.
They fight because they don't want public funds used to support private faiths, or their symbols in this case. Why do you care about a bent piece of steel from a collapsed building? Oh right, because it looks like a Cross, the Symbol of Christianity...

Seeing as how this cross came to be makes your petulant whining look even more pathetic than what it already is...this cross is a symbol of this nation's darkest moment. The atheists are making it about themselves which is disgusting. This is a burial site, sacred ground. What better symbol to represent it....

And how the fuck does that harm you? So basically only YOUR view is viable, and everyone has to kowtow to your position. Again, you are an asshole.

And we both know it isn't about money. In that case in San Diego they people were willing to pay for a plot of land to hold the cross, AND maintain it, but the Atheist suing said no.

No Jews complained, No Hindus complained, No Wiccans complained, none wanted their thing put there as well. Only Atheists seem to be so butthurt about any display of any religion in public. Strike that, they only have balls to go after Christians, when it comes to other religions they are a bunch of cowardly faggots.
More emotion next time please, thanks.

Your lack of rationality is the very root of the problem.
Freedom OF religion, Bucko, not freedom FROM religion.

It's a freedom FROM religion if taxpayers are expected to pay for it.

Bang your Bible all you want, just don't tell the taxpayers they have to pay the printing costs.

I suppose if we had a primitive tribe of Indians in America trekking up the side of a volcano in a national park to pray to their god, the volcano, you'd have them thrown out and jailed.
Nope, but I wouldn't let the government make their god that of everyone else.

I want to make it clear that I am not trolling. I genuinely hold my positions. I advocate strict, brutal totalitarianism. The average human is woefully ill-equipped to make proper decisions of any importance....

and of course you are right?....

Anybody able to transform society in such a massively positive way would certainly be granted some influence in the new society, so, yes.

The average human needs his "right" to worship to be violently and irrevocably stripped away. Only then can he work to his full potential. The only "religious" type feeling we should allow to grow on the street is towards the leaders of their new world. And as a bonus, after a while, perhaps within a generation, you'll find these humans start to worship the "state" on their own accord! They'll start ascribing supernatural qualities to their Superiors (capital S), and thoughts of resistance will become foreign.

It will just take some brutality, and some patience.
[MENTION=49887]FascismNOW[/MENTION]

Great idea.

Unfortunately, you didn't make the first cut.

:lmao:

Last edited:
While that ruling was not a surprise, what was written into the ruling is a major defeat for the Anti-Christians out there..

Looks like the ACLU and the rest of the Christian Haters are going to be in for a rough time...

9/11 Cross Is Safe From Atheist Group?s Lawsuit After Judge Gives Unusual Reason For Protecting It

The appellate court stated in a unanimous decision that the cross is historic as much as it is religious:

“As a matter of law, the record compels the conclusion that appellees’ actual purpose in displaying The Cross at Ground Zero has always been secular: to recount the history of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and their aftermath.” —Circuit Judge Reena Raggi

And this:

“Thus, the Establishment Clause is not properly construed to command that government accounts of history be devoid of religious references. Nor is a permissible secular purpose transformed into an impermissible religious one because the government makes an historical point with an artifact whose historical significance derives, in whole or in part, from its religious symbolism.” —General Court Ruling Documentation

Expect this ruling to be referred to in future cases the Left brings.
Next we force atheists to kneel and pray to Jesus before the start of school or work. Non-compliance will get them a booking in Christian re-education camp.

Praise The Lord!

Ah, argumentum ad absurdum. The primordial ooze of debate.

Seeing as how this cross came to be makes your petulant whining look even more pathetic than what it already is...this cross is a symbol of this nation's darkest moment. The atheists are making it about themselves which is disgusting. This is a burial site, sacred ground. What better symbol to represent it....
Walmart with BOGOF's on Sunday.

The 9/11 "cross" isn't really a cross at at all it's a random piece of debris that the superstitious among us have imbued with some sort of mystical power

is that like the Tortilla with an image of Jesus on it?....

Grilled Cheese Jesus

jesusgrilledcheese.jpg
is that almighty cheesus or kraft cheesus, I grew carrots shaped like frogs legs, they still tasted like carrots but you could mash them.

$garden 2 028.jpg clic to make bigger

Forum List

Back