American Atheists Lose.. 9-11 Cross stays.

Maybe that's because if you think about it, which you guys don't, there was no God there that day, or if he was there he was on the side of the 19 who killed 150 times that many. Now that's a slaughter worthy of the Bible eh?

You guys make a big deal out of symbols while your actions undermine the faith all damn day long. Godspeed little friends...

Many radical Muslims believe that their God, Allah, was there that day.
Based upon the numbers, he was. And there god is God, the god of the Jews and the Muslims, but not yours, which is the son of their god.

I don't worship Jehovah. Like most members of America’s cultural elite I worship Pan, the Goat God!

Many radical Muslims believe that their God, Allah, was there that day.
Based upon the numbers, he was. And there god is God, the god of the Jews and the Muslims, but not yours, which is the son of their god.

I don't worship Jehovah. Like most members of America’s cultural elite I worship Pan, the Goat God!

He's not represented at the 9-11 Memorial either, it's only for the Christians. Sorry...

Emotion in the defense of righteousness is never a defect.

And you added more than enough snark in the rest of this post to offend people of faith, and those who agree with them on freedom to choke a horse. Snark is emotion as well, emotion of the asshole.

Like you, an asshole.

I suspect that your adversary does not mind offending "people of faith", because he correctly understands that religious faith is by definition irrational. Of course, it's rather unlikely that he is brave enough to take the next step: to do everything possible to stamp out religious thought and practice.

Only an idiot would believe in some sort of supernatural entity. These idiots do not deserve to freely function in society. They should be jailed and beaten.

It takes effort to out-troll a troll, bravo, you are a bigger deek than paintmyhouse.

Nonsense, it's a serious defect, and I thought being offended was something you felt people shouldn't do? Make up your mind please...

I'ts a question of who's offended is more equal than others. You are ACTIVELY trying to remove something that some people care deeply about, something that brings them comfort, because for some reason it makes you butt hurt.

YOUR side tries to silence people for having opposing views, or for being "offensive." If you can't grasp the difference, then you are an idiot. But I know you grasp the difference and don't care, because you are, as I said, an asshole.

Nonsense, it's a serious defect, and I thought being offended was something you felt people shouldn't do? Make up your mind please...

I'ts a question of who's offended is more equal than others. You are ACTIVELY trying to remove something that some people care deeply about, something that brings them comfort, because for some reason it makes you butt hurt.

YOUR side tries to silence people for having opposing views, or for being "offensive." If you can't grasp the difference, then you are an idiot. But I know you grasp the difference and don't care, because you are, as I said, an asshole.
They care deeply about a piece of bent steel? What they care deeply about is their faith being respected, above all others.

And my butt hurts never but my mind does when religious people ignore the Founding Document of this country, and try to get the government to promote their version of God.

If you wanted a Garden of Faith there, with all faiths represented, this wouldn't be an issue but you don't want that now do you since that doesn't promote Christianity.

Why do Atheists even care if there's a cross there or not? Since they don't believe in superstitions, then why does two straight lines positioned perpendicular to each other generate so much discomfort for them?
The promotion of a religion by the state goes against the Constitution, but no matter, to you that is.

And you added more than enough snark in the rest of this post to offend people of faith, and those who agree with them on freedom to choke a horse. Snark is emotion as well, emotion of the asshole.

Like you, an asshole.

I suspect that your adversary does not mind offending "people of faith", because he correctly understands that religious faith is by definition irrational. Of course, it's rather unlikely that he is brave enough to take the next step: to do everything possible to stamp out religious thought and practice.

Only an idiot would believe in some sort of supernatural entity. These idiots do not deserve to freely function in society. They should be jailed and beaten.

It takes effort to out-troll a troll, bravo, you are a bigger deek than paintmyhouse.

I want to make it clear that I am not trolling. I genuinely hold my positions. I advocate strict, brutal totalitarianism. The average human is woefully ill-equipped to make proper decisions of any importance. Humanity needs to be controlled, for its own sake.

What is a deek?

So the cross is no longer a symbol of Christ's sacrifice for humanity's sins but now just a secular symbol of memorial? That's not a win for Christians.

My two cents: as an atheist, I have no problem with this cross. Lots of people focused their faith during 9/11 on this object. As part of the story, it belongs in the memorial museum.

A little plaque to draw attention to the fact that we were there too would have been nice, of course, but we'll live :lol:

So basically you just like being an asshole. A flaming asshole. A giant useless dickbag asshole.

Got it.

No, I like the government not to play favorites with religion and the Christians not to believe that they can get away with it just because they usually do. You don't want a piece of the building there, you want a piece that looks like the symbol of Christianity...

And how the fuck does that harm you? So basically only YOUR view is viable, and everyone has to kowtow to your position. Again, you are an asshole.

And we both know it isn't about money. In that case in San Diego they people were willing to pay for a plot of land to hold the cross, AND maintain it, but the Atheist suing said no.

No Jews complained, No Hindus complained, No Wiccans complained, none wanted their thing put there as well. Only Atheists seem to be so butthurt about any display of any religion in public. Strike that, they only have balls to go after Christians, when it comes to other religions they are a bunch of cowardly faggots.

thats called being politically correct.......

I want to make it clear that I am not trolling. I genuinely hold my positions. I advocate strict, brutal totalitarianism. The average human is woefully ill-equipped to make proper decisions of any importance. Humanity needs to be controlled, for its own sake.

What is a deek?

and of course you are right?....

They weren't asking for it to be taken down. They were requesting a plaque to be placed in the "Finding Meaning Exhibit" and a plaque would not be an artifact and atheists don't have a symbol to draw from in any of those artifacts. The case says that this particular cross is a part of the telling of the events after 9/11 both in it's discovery and afterwards. The court held that it failed the Lemon test.

I doubt very seriously that this is going to be used all that often. One would freaking hope not to have a repeat of that type of situation.
http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisio...c2371c6-ddc1-4f29-aec9-a8f807a6f0a7/1/hilite/

Actually, I heard this morning that they DID want it removed. Apparently, some testimonies included people saying that the site of the cross, itself, made them ill.
Not sure what the truth is.
Maybe that's because if you think about it, which you guys don't, there was no God there that day, or if he was there he was on the side of the 19 who killed 150 times that many. Now that's a slaughter worthy of the Bible eh?

You guys make a big deal out of symbols while your actions undermine the faith all damn day long. Godspeed little friends...

Ain't it the truth.

When I first came here, I tried actually talking, discussing and asking questions but that didn't last long. They don't want to spread "the word of god". All they want to do is cram it down your throat and tell you to fuck off if you dare to argue with them. Now, I don't even bother to give them the respect I give a fly before swatting it.

And, OP and others - educate yourself. The ACLU exists for one reason only. Those of you who hate the Constitution are free to move to Russia where you can worship Pootin and practice your REAL religion - Pootarianism.

While that ruling was not a surprise, what was written into the ruling is a major defeat for the Anti-Christians out there..

Looks like the ACLU and the rest of the Christian Haters are going to be in for a rough time...

9/11 Cross Is Safe From Atheist Group?s Lawsuit After Judge Gives Unusual Reason For Protecting It

The appellate court stated in a unanimous decision that the cross is historic as much as it is religious:

“As a matter of law, the record compels the conclusion that appellees’ actual purpose in displaying The Cross at Ground Zero has always been secular: to recount the history of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and their aftermath.” —Circuit Judge Reena Raggi

And this:

“Thus, the Establishment Clause is not properly construed to command that government accounts of history be devoid of religious references. Nor is a permissible secular purpose transformed into an impermissible religious one because the government makes an historical point with an artifact whose historical significance derives, in whole or in part, from its religious symbolism.” —General Court Ruling Documentation

Expect this ruling to be referred to in future cases the Left brings.
Next we force atheists to kneel and pray to Jesus before the start of school or work. Non-compliance will get them a booking in Christian re-education camp.

Praise The Lord!

Forum List

Back