American Atheists Lose.. 9-11 Cross stays.

While that ruling was not a surprise, what was written into the ruling is a major defeat for the Anti-Christians out there..

Looks like the ACLU and the rest of the Christian Haters are going to be in for a rough time...

Expect this ruling to be referred to in future cases the Left brings.

They weren't asking for it to be taken down. They were requesting a plaque to be placed in the "Finding Meaning Exhibit" and a plaque would not be an artifact and atheists don't have a symbol to draw from in any of those artifacts. The case says that this particular cross is a part of the telling of the events after 9/11 both in it's discovery and afterwards. The court held that it failed the Lemon test.

I doubt very seriously that this is going to be used all that often. One would freaking hope not to have a repeat of that type of situation.
http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisio...c2371c6-ddc1-4f29-aec9-a8f807a6f0a7/1/hilite/

Actually, I heard this morning that they DID want it removed. Apparently, some testimonies included people saying that the site of the cross, itself, made them ill.
Not sure what the truth is.

Ultimately yes. Getting it removed was their real goal.

Yes, they wanted it removed.

If that beam had bent into the shape of a star or atom and it became a gathering place while the search effort went on and Christians sued to have it removed, they would be just as wrong as the Atheists IMO. The cross just happened, it was not planned and became a part of a historic event. The atheists are being totally child like IMO.

CaféAuLait;9535276 said:

If that beam had bent into the shape of a star or atom and it became a gathering place while the search effort went on and Christians sued to have it removed, they would be just as wrong as the Atheists IMO. The cross just happened, it was not planned and became a part of a historic event. The atheists are being totally child like IMO.
Yes, asking the government to respect the Establishment Clause, terrible, just terrible.

Oh well, maybe someone else will build a 9/11 memorial, for everyone who isn't a Christian.

CaféAuLait;9535276 said:

Yes, asking the government to respect the Establishment Clause, terrible, just terrible.

Oh well, maybe someone else will build a 9/11 memorial, for everyone who isn't a Christian.

They don't have to. Only a small minority of ASSHOLES such as you get but hurt over stuff like this.

And again, how is this thing being on display Establishing a Religion? Does it make you Tithe or pray, or swear fealty to a church?

is that like the Tortilla with an image of Jesus on it?....

Grilled Cheese Jesus

jesusgrilledcheese.jpg
is that almighty cheesus or kraft cheesus, I grew carrots shaped like frogs legs, they still tasted like carrots but you could mash them.

View attachment 30923 clic to make bigger

This is basically what christers see every day :eusa_doh: Thats another reason I will never live in places in the South like Jesus' Waiting Room, AKA- Florida [MENTION=11947]WillowTree[/MENTION]

CaféAuLait;9535276 said:

They don't have to. Only a small minority of ASSHOLES such as you get but hurt over stuff like this.

And again, how is this thing being on display Establishing a Religion? Does it make you Tithe or pray, or swear fealty to a church?
I'm not hurt. You've made a National memorial into a Christian memorial. Is there the symbol of any other faith there? Nope...

I'm not hurt. You've made a National memorial into a Christian memorial. Is there the symbol of any other faith there? Nope...

Thjey just don't "get it" :eusa_doh: How selfish & simple-minded. Or they know exactly what they're doing by excluding non-Thumpers :eusa_pray:

One piece of steel in the shape of a cross does not a Christian memorial make. And I don't see other religions clamoring over this, just asshole atheists.

Thjey just don't "get it" :eusa_doh: How selfish & simple-minded. Or they know exactly what they're doing by excluding non-Thumpers :eusa_pray:

How are they excluding anyone? Are you people that thin skinned/pussyish?

One piece of steel in the shape of a cross does not a Christian memorial make. And I don't see other religions clamoring over this, just asshole atheists.

It's a Christian symbol, and no other faith has one, therefore it is Christian, as usual here...

It's a Christian symbol, and no other faith has one, therefore it is Christian, as usual here...

Again, it still doesn't make the whole memorial Christian, it doesn't violate the 1st amendment, and you are still a crybaby asshole JoeB sock.

Again, it still doesn't make the whole memorial Christian, it doesn't violate the 1st amendment, and you are still a crybaby asshole JoeB sock.

You can think anything you like but it starts with a Christian cross and ends with a Christian cross. therefore it's a Christian Memorial, and for no one else.

While that ruling was not a surprise, what was written into the ruling is a major defeat for the Anti-Christians out there..

Looks like the ACLU and the rest of the Christian Haters are going to be in for a rough time...

9/11 Cross Is Safe From Atheist Group?s Lawsuit After Judge Gives Unusual Reason For Protecting It

The appellate court stated in a unanimous decision that the cross is historic as much as it is religious:

“As a matter of law, the record compels the conclusion that appellees’ actual purpose in displaying The Cross at Ground Zero has always been secular: to recount the history of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and their aftermath.” —Circuit Judge Reena Raggi

And this:

“Thus, the Establishment Clause is not properly construed to command that government accounts of history be devoid of religious references. Nor is a permissible secular purpose transformed into an impermissible religious one because the government makes an historical point with an artifact whose historical significance derives, in whole or in part, from its religious symbolism.” —General Court Ruling Documentation

Expect this ruling to be referred to in future cases the Left brings.

When you make a claim like this it's difficult if not impossible to take you serious.

“Named plaintiffs have suffered …. dyspepsia, symptoms of depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish from the knowledge that they are made to feel officially excluded from the ranks of citizens who were directly injured by the 9/11 attack.

Anyone notice that the cross in the left picture is not the same as the cross in the right picture. Look at the U shape of the beam and you see that they have been swapped.

hmm I can't find the duel picture that was posted on my facebook page.
This is the before picture.
World-Trade-Center-9-11-cross-1.jpg

see how the horizontal pole is U shaped on the front.
Here is the after picture.
916782911.jpg

Now it's the long vertical pole that is showing the U shape up front.

They would've had to move the hole the horizontal pole is going through to make that work.

Last edited:

You can think anything you like but it starts with a Christian cross and ends with a Christian cross. therefore it's a Christian Memorial, and for no one else.

Its sad, sad, sad that people would attempt & succeed to furter divide the nation so that they can plant their sky pixie's :eusa_angel: flag, as it were, at Ground Zero.

Its sad, sad, sad that people would attempt & succeed to furter divide the nation so that they can plant their sky pixie's :eusa_angel: flag, as it were, at Ground Zero.
As long as they win, fuck everyone else, no matter how important and non-sectarian the site.

Last edited:

According to the rules made by you, which are pretty much meaningless.

Forum List

Back