🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

American greatness under threat: KFC dabbles in plant based chicken

When burgers come from plants, 100% of the farmed acreage is directly used. If those plants are used to feed a mammal which are then turned into burgers, 10 times the acreage is required for that same burger.
As the demand for fake meat increases, so does the acreage under cultivation. So, you propose further destruction of the environment, and the subsequent damage to other species that rely on that habitat, in order to feel better about your culinary choices. How do you justify wholesale destruction of another creature's livelihood just so you can claim the "higher" moral ground? Besides, if you want to eat vegetables, why not just eat the damned things. Why all the fakery.
Nonsense. As the demand for real meat increases, so does the acreage under cultivation but at a rate 10 times faster. For every acre added to increase fake meat production, 10 acres would have to be added increase real meat production. I'll admit I prefer meat to veggies but I also prefer to be as healthy as possible so a veggie that doesn't taste like a veggie is progress to me.

Good lord, a fast food joint decides to experiment with a new product and it means the doom of American Greatness.

When burgers come from plants, 100% of the farmed acreage is directly used. If those plants are used to feed a mammal which are then turned into burgers, 10 times the acreage is required for that same burger.
As the demand for fake meat increases, so does the acreage under cultivation. So, you propose further destruction of the environment, and the subsequent damage to other species that rely on that habitat, in order to feel better about your culinary choices. How do you justify wholesale destruction of another creature's livelihood just so you can claim the "higher" moral ground? Besides, if you want to eat vegetables, why not just eat the damned things. Why all the fakery.
Nonsense. As the demand for real meat increases, so does the acreage under cultivation but at a rate 10 times faster. For every acre added to increase fake meat production, 10 acres would have to be added increase real meat production. I'll admit I prefer meat to veggies but I also prefer to be as healthy as possible so a veggie that doesn't taste like a veggie is progress to me.
We shall agree to disagree, then. I have an objection to calling a spade a shovel. Likewise, milk and meat have legitimate sources. While vegetables and herbaceous matter do play a part in making meat, to attribute the label "meat" to any ground or paste-based substance made without animal participation is disingenuous. I prefer not to play make believe with my food sources. Besides, I have not seen any conclusive studies that indicate eating fake meat is any healthier than eating real meat. On the contrary, I suspect that any uber-processed food material is more likely to be harmful than healthy.

Forum List

Back