American Hypocricy…

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Although my heart was with the protesters, my brain tells me that the interruption of the development of Democracy in Egypt will lead to violence and perhaps a Civil War...

It would have been better to wait for elections because the precedent of overthrowing an elected government will cower future Presidents with a sword of Damocles hanging over their heads.

Sure the Radical Islamists won the election and overstated their power by writing the Constitution and Laws without input from others...That's why this revolt came about, and a new election in a few years would have kicked them out simply because they could not feed the nation or safe-guard minorities. This is a natural progression towards Democracy.

America should stop military aid to Egypt... By supporting Dictators and the Military, America is not only hypocritical but contributes to the further radicalization in all Islamic countries which fosters terrorism.

Although my heart was with the protesters, my brain tells me that the interruption of the development of Democracy in Egypt will lead to violence and perhaps a Civil War...

It would have been better to wait for elections because the precedent of overthrowing an elected government will cower future Presidents with a sword of Damocles hanging over their heads.

Sure the Radical Islamists won the election and overstated their power by writing the Constitution and Laws without input from others...That's why this revolt came about, and a new election in a few years would have kicked them out simply because they could not feed the nation or safe-guard minorities. This is a natural progression towards Democracy.

America should stop military aid to Egypt... By supporting Dictators and the Military, America is not only hypocritical but contributes to the further radicalization in all Islamic countries which fosters terrorism.
Awwwww, is peebelle upset that his Islamist dictators were booted out?

Let Egypt solve itself out.

Why getting involved there to begin with

Awwwww, is peebelle upset that his Islamist dictators were booted out?
I know its a strench for your mind to coprehend that letting politics naturaly evolve produces good stable nerighbors rooted in Democracy.

I want peace in thje Region to stop Terrorsim on the American People, the Land of the Free. You in turn want a bigger Piece for Israel in the Land of Free Land.

I think the vox populi called for the outster of the current president and the military establishment took that as their queue to remove him.

That's the story we're given is it not? I think its mostly true.

The Muslim Brotherhood's candidate won the election, but perhaps that election did not truly represent the will of the majority of people?

Egypt is another still state whose population seems philosophically divided over the issue of having a secular versus an overtly religious state.

I believe this division is authentic and I think the military is not simple taking over, but IS trying to respond to the majority public sympathies on the street.

It's seems like the entire world (Egypt included) is going through this debate between religiosity and secularism.

Here's what I also think I know..

There's a lot of religious people who are continuously organized by their religion.

Secularists are not by their nature organized.

That is why I think that the Mos. Brotherhood won the election in Egypt.

But that does not mean they are the majority, simply that they are a better organized large minority.

I think the majority does not want Egypt be an Islamic state..and those folks are on the streets

Twenty MILLION signatures on the 'recall petition' suggests it's a very broad-based grass roots movement.

The president of the US has put military aid on hold waiting to see what happens there. Yes we here in the US elect people we do not like and have a course for redress by petition of grievance.
I will be reading the Egyptian Constitution to evaluate the current situation.
But for now it looks like a military coup has taken power in Egypt, as of yet no nations have recognized for legitimization of their actions.

You wrote: "It would have been better to wait for elections because the precedent of overthrowing an elected government will cower future Presidents with a sword of Damocles hanging over their heads."

I hope all government officials know that the over-throw of the current government is a possibility when they become corrupt. Future government will be less of a dictatorship - hopefully. Let's see how long it takes for them to learn their lesson.

I would be okay with the US giving aid in the form of helping to monitor fair elections and to assure peaceful debate. However, the outcome should be what the people of Egypt want. If they are wise, a government that protects and honors inalienable human rights is what will prevail.

Seems more like another attempt at failed centralized planning. Federalism, where the law and order part is more powered at the local levels, more insures, real time solutions to real problems, rather than centralized one size fixes all, band-aids. I agree with you that war sucks. It ends there, though.

Cutting off foreign aid at this point will just ensure a descent into chaos. A large portion of Egyptians' daily food rations is funded by American aid.

Last edited:

Cutting off foreign aid at this point will just ensure a descent into chaos. A large portion of Egyptians' daily food rations is funded by American aid.

Maybe that is what we should be limited to. :)

The entire world is hypocritical against the US. They want to be here, want all our stuff and hate us for it.

Happy Independence Day, to all citizens of the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire world is hypocritical against the US. They want to be here, want all our stuff and hate us for it.

Happy Independence Day, to all citizens of the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Policies without Principals ultimately lead to the moral suicide of a society and leads to the degeneration of and disintergration from within...That's how all world empires have ended.

THE DISSENTING VIEW>>>

Egypt is not food safe------and the US is not the big time food
producer it once was. Right now Egypt needs a centralized
BENIGH secular rule-------in order to keep food production
going------a new free election will be MULLAH DRIVEN----
create fragmentation and ----then disorder leading to
famine which the US may not be able to relieve in the near
future. Musharraf ---would be good for pakistan and a
nice sweet military rule would be good for egypt. Egypt also
depends on TOURIST TRADE-------military government might
keep things in order for that too.

Forum List