American Terrorism

Wrong, we are not a rogue state. The UN is supposed to give authorization for military actions. Any country that acts unilaterly is a rogue state.

We invaded Panama, Saddam invaded Kuwait. What is the difference between the two? Well for one, we are citizens of America so we consider our own acts of terrorism to be justified because we are somehow the better person (collectively).

But anyone else acting in the same manner, that doesn't suit our interests, is demonized. For example, Israel. They invaded Pakistan and Lebabon and they attack civilians daily. Yet we side with Israel and demonize Pakistan and Lebanon.

What if America was invaded by China? We would all commit to guerilla warfare I am sure. That would be deemed terrorist attacks to the Chinese, but in our eyes we would be considered national heros.

But the tables are turned in Iraq, Lebanon, and Pakistan where we or our ally is the aggressor and the insurgency is a brown Muslim.

Have you ever read anything? Ever seen a map? Pakistan? Seriously... what a joke. Pakistan? lol.. it's not in the middle east. As for the Gaza, Israel unilaterally left, so what did they do? Took it as a sign of weakness and use it to fire kadushas into Israel. You have aproblem with Israel's objection to that? The only thing I have to say is "too bad". Seriously. No one has to take terrorist attacks from anyone without response. And if you think Israel, which exists to keep Jews from getting killed again is going to allow itself to be attacked, you're kinda goofy.

Invaded Lebanon? You mean responded to Hezbollah rocket attacks staged from the Lebanese border and aiming for Haifa?

When you discuss the life and death issues pertaining to a country, as you purport to do with regard to Israel, a) you should know where it is; b) you should actually read something about it.

Absent those two things, perhaps not commenting is the better course of action.

jeez, you guys are a tough audience for those that mean to 'heal the rifts' in the ME. :lol:

The one who needs to smarten up is you. The West Bank and Gaza are nowhere near Pakistan, you idiot. Pull out a map and find Pakistan. It's near India. You want to tell us about the Middle East and you don't even know the basic geography of the place. How pathetic. You don't even know the difference between Pakistan and Palestinian.

Well maybe this will help him.

http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/middleeast.html

Israel is the teeny little country to the west of Jordan and south of Lebanon. You might need a magnifying glass to find it.

Pakistan is all the way over to the east of Iran and southeast of Afghanistan... a couple of countries south of Uzbekistan...

Jillian, Israel invading pakistan, is almost as preposterous (and hilarious) as the wingnut myth of muslim extremists invading and conquering america. :lol:

I am a New Zealander, so the book was not required reading at any level here although I am aware of The Prince and who Machiavelli was. And? Is that book the bible of how politics should be in the world?
Kind'a. He was an Italian who laid down some basic political theories on how a Prince should govern his region. One of the questions he asks is should a Prince be loved for feared. Love, he says, is fickle. The people may love you today and hate you tomorrow. It is better if a Prince is feared...because if he is feared, then he is respected. People are less likely to try and kill the Prince if they fear him. It is not a big book--about hundred pages.

As an American, I don't give a shit if the rest of the world loves me or not, but I do want them to think twice about attacking us. I want them to fear us like the non-Romans feared Rome. In Ancient Rome, if a Roman was passing through a village and he was attacked and killed, the Legions would come and lay waste to the land and kill everyone in the village. Brutal--you bet. Effective--oh, yea--but part of the reason why you had the Pax Romana.

Kind'a. He was an Italian who laid down some basic political theories on how a Prince should govern his region. One of the questions he asks is should a Prince be loved for feared. Love, he says, is fickle. The people may love you today and hate you tomorrow. It is better if a Prince is feared...because if he is feared, then he is respected. People are less likely to try and kill the Prince if they fear him. It is not a big book--about hundred pages.

As an American, I don't give a shit if the rest of the world loves me or not, but I do want them to think twice about attacking us. I want them to fear us like the non-Romans feared Rome. In Ancient Rome, if a Roman was passing through a village and he was attacked and killed, the Legions would come and lay waste to the land and kill everyone in the village. Brutal--you bet. Effective--oh, yea--but part of the reason why you had the Pax Romana.

As an American, I don't give a shit if the rest of the world loves me or not, but I do want them to think twice about attacking us.
Yep, bottom line, most of us consider ourselves on the level of the prince. We have no desire to be killed or knock ourselves off. Get the pros and cons of stick and carrot.

Jillian, Israel invading pakistan, is almost as preposterous (and hilarious) as the wingnut myth of muslim extremists invading and conquering america. :lol:

Must be a LEFT wingnut myth. Or actually, could it be just another of your concocted accusations with no real basis in fact?

If I was betting man, my money'd go on the latter.

Wrong Gunny, the aggressor is Israel. And that is a fact that YOU refuse to accept because Israel is our ally and America would NEVER side with an aggressor or a respressive regime :wtf:

Right. Israel is the aggressor because Palestinians fire rockets into Israel and idiots Palestinians blow themselves up in Israeli population centers.

Makes sense to me.:cuckoo:

Right. Israel is the aggressor because Palestinians fire rockets into Israel and idiots Palestinians blow themselves up in Israeli population centers.

No, Israel sends in troops who murder unarmed civilians. Israel sends in tanks, troops and jets to civilian areas. Yeah, they are so innocent. NOT!:wtf:

Israel "IS"the agressor, but Patasine's reactions are retaliations (or response)

No, Israel sends in troops who murder unarmed civilians. Israel sends in tanks, troops and jets to civilian areas. Yeah, they are so innocent. NOT!:wtf:

Wrong. Israel retaliates against Palestinian attacks and they target the attackers.

The difference being that Palestinian noncombatants killed are by accident. Israeli noncombatants are murdered by design.

Forum List

Back