Americans continue their march to low-tax states

Oh I forget you rubes live in a fantasy

2a. Freudian Projection
The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto another is called Freudian Projection.

• “A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits.”
  • “The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual.”
  • “Attributing one’s own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile.”
  • “The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity.”
  • “People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way.”
  • “Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have.”

Really? You don't say.....

Why is it some states continue to attract new residents, while others, year after year, lose residents? While people move for many reasons, there is a strong, positive relationship between a state’s economic competitiveness and its projected likelihood to gain residents.

This relationship indicates how states experiencing higher population growth are generally the same states with lower tax and regulatory burdens, lower government debt and greater transparency and accountability for government spending.

Low tax states continue to be the winner in the population boom, while high taxed, over regulated states continue to stagnate and be on the losing end.
Bringing blue votes too.
Yep, stupid is as stupid does.
Thus sayth someone who wonders about California (a state) becoming a ghost town. :71:

2a. Freudian Projection
The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto another is called Freudian Projection.

• “A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits.”
  • “The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual.”
  • “Attributing one’s own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile.”
  • “The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity.”
  • “People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way.”
  • “Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have.”
^ ancient and debunked myth

Why is it some states continue to attract new residents, while others, year after year, lose residents? While people move for many reasons, there is a strong, positive relationship between a state’s economic competitiveness and its projected likelihood to gain residents.

This relationship indicates how states experiencing higher population growth are generally the same states with lower tax and regulatory burdens, lower government debt and greater transparency and accountability for government spending.

Low tax states continue to be the winner in the population boom, while high taxed, over regulated states continue to stagnate and be on the losing end.
And they're bringing with them the moonbat kook politics that screwed up the places that they're leaving.
Maybe red states will start becoming earners instead of having the highest rates of welfare and food stamp participation.

You should fight to cut welfare and food stamps.

Stick it to those red states!!!!
I would love to gut aid to red states. No more taking more than they pay in.

Do it, cut welfare!!!
Call your senators and reps.

Good!

Shorter lines and better seats for the rest of us.

Now pack up your shit and get out!

Losers!

Maybe red states will start becoming earners instead of having the highest rates of welfare and food stamp participation.
Figures that you've bought into that ancient debunked myth.

The fantasy where you can raise top marginal rates to 70% and no one will react? DURR
Oh yeah I forgot there is one representative in all of America calling for that. Though from what I’ve read, being a peasant won’t affect you. It wouldn’t raise your taxes the way Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthiest are slowly doing.

It wouldn’t raise your taxes the way Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthiest are slowly doing.

I got a very nice tax cut from Trump.

Retiring baby boomers moving to areas with weak economies where the money they made in blue states and cities lets them live like kings

I left Boston for South Carolina when I was 25 precisely because I couldn't afford to live a middle class lifestyle there. A lot of my friends left too and most of my family has since headed south or west. Maybe you should actually do some research instead of haphazardly belting out your usual snark.

Good!

Shorter lines and better seats for the rest of us.

Now pack up your shit and get out!

Losers!

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I find it amusing you think the losers are the people who choose NOT to pay exorbitant taxes and fees to live in an overcrowded metropolis with small living spaces, pollution, and gridlocked traffic everywhere.

The fantasy where you can raise top marginal rates to 70% and no one will react? DURR
Oh yeah I forgot there is one representative in all of America calling for that. Though from what I’ve read, being a peasant won’t affect you. It wouldn’t raise your taxes the way Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthiest are slowly doing.

It wouldn’t raise your taxes the way Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthiest are slowly doing.

A temporary one, as you are a peasant. It will slowly go back up on you.

Retiring baby boomers moving to areas with weak economies where the money they made in blue states and cities lets them live like kings

I left Boston for South Carolina when I was 25 precisely because I couldn't afford to live a middle class lifestyle there. A lot of my friends left too and most of my family has since headed south or west. Maybe you should actually do some research instead of haphazardly belting out your usual snark.
Here, have some research: http://www.mapc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/MAPC-MetroBoston-Projections_ExecSumm-1_16_14.pdf

Thus sayth someone who wonders about California (a state) becoming a ghost town. :71:

The only reason California hasn't suffered the same rate of population loss as NY, IL, etc. is because it still has a steady flow of foreign immigration keeping its numbers up, but the effects are showing. For all the talk the left does about income equality, California is about the worst state in the country in that category. It's a state of growing "Haves" and "Have Nots" with fewer and fewer people in between, like a banana republic.

The 2010 Census was the first time since statehood California didn't gain another Congressional seat and this Census they may actually lose one

Here, have some research: http://www.mapc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/MAPC-MetroBoston-Projections_ExecSumm-1_16_14.pdf

As interesting as those figures are, they don't address what I said

So says someone who’s state income tax isn’t being taxed like mine is.

The only reason California hasn't suffered the same rate of population loss as NY, IL, etc. is because it still has a steady flow of foreign immigration keeping its numbers up, but the effects are showing. For all the talk the left does about income equality, California is about the worst state in the country in that category. It's a state of growing "Haves" and "Have Nots" with fewer and fewer people in between, like a banana republic.

The 2010 Census was the first time since statehood California didn't gain another Congressional seat and this Census they may actually lose one

thank god trump is president,there is hope that MIGHT change with him.Hitlery would have done the same thing as traiter obomination did and Bush before him as well ,say to the illegals-come on in,welcome.:mad:

so every true on the haves and have noits,if you are not rich,better start getting the hell out of there and not even think of moving there.

As interesting as those figures are, they don't address what I said
The population of Boston is growing. Sorry you couldn’t hack it there. There are some very fine places in South Carolina.

It will slowly go back up on you.

As opposed to under Dem a-holes who want it to go up on me more, instantly.

Bezos and crew thank you for defending their permanent tax cuts

Bezos and crew thank you for defending their permanent tax cuts

Bezos doesn't draw a salary you blithering idiot.

Forum List

Back