Americans like to live in cars!

You know.............if the current trend is for people to move into small houses (watch Tiny House Living sometime), then what is wrong with living in a van? Saves on expenses and hassle, and lets you go where you want.

It used to be called RV'ing.........(I still have mine, but return to the creature comforts of 'sticks n' bricks). Still, livin' outta a car is not RV'ing.........it's called poverty!

Hey............if you've got water, a place to sleep, room for your clothes and can live comfortably with it, then go for it.

Half of the 20 years that I was in the Navy, I was on sea duty, and my living quarters were a box about 3 ft, by 3 ft, by 6 ft, and all my belongings were stored in the locker under my mattress. Only time I got better living conditions was aboard an MSC vessel where I shared a 2 man stateroom with a small bathroom.

But you didn't cook, eat, crap an' shower in that 3x3x6 ft. space now, did ya?.........only slept there.

I'm sorry, but if you're living in a car or van that means you're homeless. I notice the liberal media is trying to spin this into a positive because their man Obama is in the White House, and I notice the liberals on this forum doing the same thing. That's pretty dishonest folks, even for you.

You know...............if I had around 30,000 to customize a vehicle to my specs so that I could live in it and travel over the whole USA, I'd jump at it in a second.

Matter of fact, if my room mate and I ever hit the lottery, we're gonna buy a Winnebago and travel for around 6 months, then land in CO and buy a house.

I wouldn't mind the van life. Sounds pretty freeing to me, and I'm 52 years old.
It sux.

I'm sorry, but if you're living in a car or van that means you're homeless. I notice the liberal media is trying to spin this into a positive because their man Obama is in the White House, and I notice the liberals on this forum doing the same thing. That's pretty dishonest folks, even for you.
If blackdick hadn't put me on ignore, he'd see I agreed with this post.

You know.............if the current trend is for people to move into small houses (watch Tiny House Living sometime), then what is wrong with living in a van? Saves on expenses and hassle, and lets you go where you want.

It used to be called RV'ing.........(I still have mine, but return to the creature comforts of 'sticks n' bricks). Still, livin' outta a car is not RV'ing.........it's called poverty!

Hey............if you've got water, a place to sleep, room for your clothes and can live comfortably with it, then go for it.

Half of the 20 years that I was in the Navy, I was on sea duty, and my living quarters were a box about 3 ft, by 3 ft, by 6 ft, and all my belongings were stored in the locker under my mattress. Only time I got better living conditions was aboard an MSC vessel where I shared a 2 man stateroom with a small bathroom.

But you didn't cook, eat, crap an' shower in that 3x3x6 ft. space now, did ya?.........only slept there.
And he was meant to be there. Not wondering if he was going to be moved on in the night.

Maybe some young folk would rather live in a van cheaply. I don't see it as a bad thing.

Maybe some young folk would rather live in a van cheaply. I don't see it as a bad thing.
That's because you're a liberal Democrat, and you are lying to yourself about how bad things have gotten under Obama. If a Republican were President right now, you'd be pissing yourself with outrage that people are forced to live in cars and vans.

No I could care less if someone chooses to live in a car. That's their choice. Ultra right wing kooks think every working american should strive to own a house yet they exclaim they believe in freedom. They know what's proper...just ask em.

I'm retired. My family is set. My true concern ends there. America is about self first, family first. Get yours before others do. That's america.

No I could care less if someone chooses to live in a car. That's their choice. Ultra right wing kooks think every working american should strive to own a house yet they exclaim they believe in freedom. They know what's proper...just ask em.
Those middleaged men in the article ARE striving to get a house. You are the right wing kook

This article pretty much explains what is wrong with modern political thinking. Do you guys really believe that Americans want to live in cars?

People are ditching apartments to live the 'van life'
Depends on the school bus. Remember, you can take it where ever you want to go:

DSC_0130-watermarked.jpg

DSC_0098-watermarked.jpg

DSC_0084-watermarked.jpg

DSC_0095-watermarked.jpg

DSC_0087-watermarked.jpg

You know...............if I had around 30,000 to customize a vehicle to my specs so that I could live in it and travel over the whole USA, I'd jump at it in a second.

Matter of fact, if my room mate and I ever hit the lottery, we're gonna buy a Winnebago and travel for around 6 months, then land in CO and buy a house.

I wouldn't mind the van life. Sounds pretty freeing to me, and I'm 52 years old.

That'd be all well and good if you were retired.
Oldsters all over the world have already figured this out though.

You would need more then 30 grand..

You could buy a say $10,000 pick up truck and and a $16,000 tow behind 20 footer
Or a $1000 stealth van...so no camping charge. Google that.

Isn't the average monthly apt. rent well over $1200.00? (read that just this morning). Looks like the Obama recovery is a house of fake lies stacked upon lies.
Reaganism pander to the rich and screw the rest rolls on duh...The recovery is real, but the nonrich and poor continue to get screwed on taxes, pay. Thanks GOP and silly dupes like you.

Forum List

Back