Americans More Dependent Than Ever on Independence Day

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
NEW YORK – Three years ago, when 44.7 million – or one in seven Americans – were on food stamps, former House Speaker New Gingrich dubbed Barack Obama the “Food Stamp President.”

Indeed, the cost of the U.S. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, has doubled under President Obama’s leadership, indicating poverty has continued to grow despite administration claims the U.S. economy is recovering from the depths of the 2007-2008 recession.

Americans more dependent than ever on Independence Day

The economy is not improving and the unemployment rate is not real. We know that. I'm sure that anyone who could learn a skill and work should have never simply been given free money because it actually costs society. As far as I know, even the Bible states if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat. What I find amazing is how many people place their trust in these men and institutions.

NEW YORK – Three years ago, when 44.7 million – or one in seven Americans – were on food stamps, former House Speaker New Gingrich dubbed Barack Obama the “Food Stamp President.”

Indeed, the cost of the U.S. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, has doubled under President Obama’s leadership, indicating poverty has continued to grow despite administration claims the U.S. economy is recovering from the depths of the 2007-2008 recession.

The economy is not improving and the unemployment rate is not real. We know that. I'm sure that anyone who could learn a skill and work should have never simply been given free money because it actually costs society. As far as I know, even the Bible states if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat. What I find amazing is how many people place their trust in these men and institutions.

where does the bible state "if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat"????
(hint----it doesn't)

where does the bible state "if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat"????
(hint----it doesn't)

Hint: You're wrong. The Bible does contain this admonition:

“For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.”(2 Thessalonians 7-12, KJV).

The following verse demonstrates that one has not only a responsibility to provide for himself but also for those in his family:

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel” (1 Timothy 5:8, KJV).

(hint----it doesn't)

“For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.”(2 Thessalonians 7-12, KJV).

The following verse demonstrates that one has not only a responsibility to provide for himself but also for those in his family:

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel” (1 Timothy 5:8, KJV).

you verses by no means suggest that persons who do not work should not eat------they describe
some specific situation of a community of people living in the midst of another community. Timothy does not insist that EVERYONE in his own family or community ---work. Biblical law provides for the sustenance of those who do not work----check out the "gleaners' rights" and also the right of people to eat IN a storeroom ----if needed -----but it does not confer a right to ship the stuff home..
"EATING" is described as a RIGHT of the impoverished. When Jesus and his friends ate
wheat berries in a field-----their "sin" was that of picking and husking the berries on Saturday----it was not called STEALING-----because according to biblical law------eating in a garden is LEGAL----it was the old way of feeding the poor. For the record------that picking and husking thing on Saturday is a stringency about which no one cared
back then or now

Impossible...Obama's economy has created so many jobs that by now no one is unemployed,
And all of those jobs are great paying. and help the environment and reverses global warming while improving race relations and lower college tuition.

What's really amazing is the fact that after all the anti-America legislation and policies over the past half century, voters still run to the polls on election day and elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. Voters never learn. They just keep doing the same thing over and over, yet expect a different result. Go figure.

What's really amazing is the fact that after all the anti-America legislation and policies over the past half century, voters still run to the polls on election day and elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. Voters never learn. They just keep doing the same thing over and over, yet expect a different result. Go figure.

That's easy....same reason Democrats now show the DOW as an economic indicator. Same reason that although in every single category minorities in America are doing worse - Obama is still seen great by his supporters.
Same reason that since 2009 the top 7% have lavished in a record 33% earnings increase, while the remaining 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered a 5% decline - at the same time welfare is at record levels - yet his supporters still claim the economy is better!!

We are divided sheep.
That's why.

(hint----it doesn't)

you verses by no means suggest that persons who do not work should not eat------they describe
some specific situation of a community of people living in the midst of another community. Timothy does not insist that EVERYONE in his own family or community ---work. Biblical law provides for the sustenance of those who do not work----check out the "gleaners' rights" and also the right of people to eat IN a storeroom ----if needed -----but it does not confer a right to ship the stuff home..
"EATING" is described as a RIGHT of the impoverished. When Jesus and his friends ate
wheat berries in a field-----their "sin" was that of picking and husking the berries on Saturday----it was not called STEALING-----because according to biblical law------eating in a garden is LEGAL----it was the old way of feeding the poor. For the record------that picking and husking thing on Saturday is a stringency about which no one cared
back then or now

Your original post said the following: “where does the bible state "if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat"???? (hint----it doesn't)”

As I pointed out, the Bible indeed says exactly what you said it didn't. You can redefine any word/words your little heart desires, but what you said was wrong. Period. End of story.

Further, I have studied the Bible for over 64 years and I know it better than most people. There are a few individuals on this site who know more about the Book than I do, but you are obviously not in that elite group. Now I am done with you and your foolishness.

Obama caused the recession? No, it was in full swing when he took over. To label him the "Food Stamp President" is just childish. A civilised society looks after its people when in need. When you're in the second worst recession a country has ever experienced, this is going to cost a lot of money.

Hence the reason why recessions like this should never happen. But it did, and it happened because of maladministration of the economy. When the country needed to go into recession, it was pumped up to make the President look good. Not a good idea.

The economy is getting better, most western economies are, bar Greece, the unemployment rate is what it is, and the stats say what they say. They're never the same figure, so.....

However the stats get better it generally means the actual number is getting better too.

(hint----it doesn't)

Neither does it say "Take ye from thy neighbor's pocket and give it away freely among the indolent."

no it doesn't-----It clearly states that a hungry person has a RIGHT---to eat in a garden or sown field and to "glean"-----it was a RIGHT. Gleaners' rights were the "food stamps" of biblical times In fact it was a very progressive idea------amongst the greeks and romans -----a slave working in a field could not eat a peach off the trees upon which he worked.

Impossible...Obama's economy has created so many jobs that by now no one is unemployed,
And all of those jobs are great paying. and help the environment and reverses global warming while improving race relations and lower college tuition.

you are delerious

you are delerious

You are.
Obviously if you can't see that all of America's problems are now better under our dear leader, you are a racist.

Obama caused the recession? No, it was in full swing when he took over.

Indeed, the Democratic Congress had been seated for two years when he took office.

Wow, two years? Must be them then huh? Because sure, recessions just happen over night. Nothing to do with long term policies. Nothing to do with two massively expensive wars, or giving cash to rich people or stuff like that that happened before.

you are delerious

You are.
Obviously if you can't see that all of America's problems are now better under our dear leader, you are a racist.

Forum List

Back