"...His fellow Virginians were ready to join in asserting that our rights came from "the great Author of nature, '22 which assertion was simply sharing in such a view held by practically all of our Revolutionary leaders. Typically, John Adams wrote in his Dissertation on the Canon and Feudal Law, "I say RIGHTS, for such they have, undoubtedly, antecedent to all earthly government,-Rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws-Rights, derived from the great Legislator of the universe."23..."

That's rights for white people.

The structure of American government comes from Isaiah 33:22

For the LORD is our judge,
the LORD is our lawgiver,
the LORD is our king;
it is he who will save us.
Isaiah 33:22

7 In his Notes on Virginia, Jefferson wrote: "And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?"18 Speaking thereof our natural rights, he concluded: "We are answerable for them to our God."

Jefferson’s Creator was not the Author of the Book of Isaiah or any other irrational
So called divinely inspired pages of the Judeo Christian Bible.

"...Thomas Jefferson and many of his contemporaries understood that the natural rights of man depended upon teleological considerations. So viewed, and accepting the premise that man's goal is being with his Creator for eternity, man has the duty to abide by His will and directions, because they are necessary to satisfy man's duties. Jefferson wrote that "the true office is to declare and enforce our natural rights and duties."24 The existence of natural duties and the relationship of rights to duties were quite apparent to Jefferson, and anyone who has studied the man should realize that the only natural duties Jefferson acknowledged were not to temporal kings, but to the Creator..."

"...James Madison was even more explicit that the source of rights exists in man's duty to his Creator. Writing of the unalienable right of religion in his Memorial and Remonstrance, he stated that the right is unalienable "because what is here a right towards men, is a duty towards the creator. It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homeage, and such only, as he believes to be acceptable to Him. His duty is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society. Before any man can be considered as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe: And if a member of Civil Society, who enters into any subordinate Association, must always do it with a reservation of his duty to the general authority; much more must every man who becomes a member of any particular Civil Society, do it with a saving of his allegiance to the Universal Sovereign." 25..."

Last edited:
Take your time......

be careful what you ask for ...

1709746726974.jpeg

bing, the oil tycoon from texas does have a down side - try to understand what living in texas can do to someone.

"...Another leading Virginian, George Mason, was equally clear in asserting that the obligation of man to his Maker was the source of natural rights. In 1772 he wrote: "Now all acts of legislature apparently contrary to natural right and justice, are, in our laws, and must be in the nature of things, considered as void. The laws of nature are the laws of God: A legislature must not obstruct our obedience to him from whose punishments they cannot protect us. All human constitutions which contradict His laws, we are in conscience bound to disobey. Such have been the adjudications of our courts of justice." 26..."

"...The imperative necessity of understanding ends and duties in order to delineate natural rights was appreciated not only by Messrs. Jefferson, Madison, and Mason, but also by Virginians generally in our formative period. The members of the Virginia convention that ratified the United States Constitution saw and stated that the natural rights of conscience and religion are predicated upon an obligation to God. They contended that it was because of "the duty which we owe to our Creator," that "all men have an equal, natural and unalienable right to the free exercise of religion according to the dictates of conscience." 27..."

be careful what you ask for ...bing, the oil tycoon from texas does have a down side -
lol... Really? No kidding? Oh well, nobody's perfect. Aside from that ding says that becoming an idolator and allowing satan to enter his mind to perpetuate 4th century lies was a step up for him even though for most it would be a giant leap down. One can only imagine what he was before.

Yikes!

try to understand what living in texas can do to someone.
I do understand what living in a place where preachers and politicians have mated and given birth to insanity can do to someone but I doubt it's much worse than living in NY or anywhere else on earth while chaos and violence is now openly and brazenly making a bid for the throne.

He has no excuse for willingly lifting his skirt to be defiled by demons in Texas. Many other places are much harder to live in. No one ever pointed a gun to his head and made him worship a matzo.

It was his constitutional right to throw his mind in the trash in exchange for faith in religious flotsam. His deliberate choice to go insane, to crawl on his belly eating dust for the rest of his life. I have absolutely no sympathy for him or his plight, joining a herd of swine stampeding off a cliff.

Last edited:
"...There is ample evidence that the Founding Fathers were aware of the ontological basis of our natural rights. It is because we are rational, intellectual, social, spiritual, and political beings that we naturally have rights to develop our intellect, to hear appeals made to reason that can make clearer the proper means to our ordained end, rights to assemble with our fellow men to discuss more effective socio-political groupings better suited for the development of our faculties and the protection of our basic rights, as well as freedom of conscience and religion.28 When later in life Thomas Jefferson was explaining why he and the other Fathers believed in natural rights, he wrote: "We believed, with them, that man was a rational animal, endowed by nature with rights, and with an innate sense of justice ..... 2 We have natural rights of the intellect, according to Jefferson, because "Almighty God hath created the mind free."3 0 Jefferson saw with the scholastics that natural law was the participation of rational men in God's divine law; natural law and rights can be discovered, he wrote, by "the head and heart of every rational and honest man. It is there nature has written her moral laws, and where every man may read them for himself."31 "Questions of natural right, "he added, "are triable by their conformity with the moral sense and reason of man."32..."

"that man was a rational animal, endowed by nature with rights, and with an innate sense of justice"
Ahem....

We have natural rights of the intellect, according to Jefferson, because "Almighty God hath created the mind free.

Do you really think that this statement by Jefferson who was most comfortable with Deism, rational religion, theistic rationalism, and Unitarianism, is an endorsement of your imaginary god made man made matzo made by human hands that you worship and eat for spiritual life? :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Ahem....

Do you really think that this statement by Jefferson who was most comfortable with Deism, rational religion, theistic rationalism, and Unitarianism, is an endorsement of your imaginary god made man made matzo made by human hands that you worship and eat for spiritual life? :auiqs.jpg:
I’m not like you. I don’t care which perception of God others worship.

I’m not like you.
That may be the greatest compliment I have ever heard. Thanks!

I don’t care which perception of God others worship.
I don't care at all either except when they try to legislate laws and customs that impose their perverted view of the world on everyone else. Then it becomes a patriotic duty to neuter them.

So don't get me wrong. You are free to "celebrate" the death of Jesus and worship a matzo in any church you want to or pray to a block of wood for the rest of your life. I couldn't care less.

Foul and loathsome beasts and birds are always on the prowl searching for carrion to feed on.

But I do want to thank you for helping me to reveal the wisdom of my God in giving the law that prohibits eating the defiling and contaminating flesh of vile and loathsome unclean creatures that do not ruminate and for so openly demonstrating the terrifying and deeply disturbing death, a curse, consequent to setting that instruction aside. Many will come to life just watching.

Well done!

Last edited:
That may be the greatest compliment I have ever heard. Thanks!

I don't care at all either except when they try to legislate laws and customs that impose their perverted view of the world on everyone else. Then it becomes a patriotic duty to neuter them.

So don't get me wrong. You are free to "celebrate" the death of Jesus and worship a matzo in any church you want to or pray to a block of wood for the rest of your life. I couldn't care less.

Foul and loathsome beasts and birds are always on the prowl searching for carrion to feed on.

But I do want to thank you for helping me to reveal the wisdom of my God in giving the law that prohibits eating the defiling and contaminating flesh of vile and loathsome unclean creatures that do not ruminate and for so openly demonstrating the terrifying and deeply disturbing death, a curse, consequent to setting that instruction aside. Many will come to life just watching.

Well done!
As you continue to prove the Founding Father's correct by your attacking of a rival religion.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who attacks a rival religion or any religion for that matter is no different than someone who attacks another person for the color of their skin, sexual orientation or nationality.

So hobelim Grumblenuts BreezeWood Donald H NotfooledbyW Crepitus et al I salute your bigotry. :clap:
Pointing out your lies, hypocrisy, and shameless derision is not bigotry dingbat. If anyone said something false then prove them in the wrong. If you can't then maybe you should wonder why...

Maybe your own holy book is true? You defy the law of God you are suffering the consequences, (not Jesus), death, a curse, insanity. I am very impressed by the many wonderful things religion has done for you, with your abiding faith in the absurd and and how low you are willing to stoop

Jesus thinks you're a jerk. :777:

Last edited:
Pointing out your lies, hypocrisy, and shameless derision is not bigotry dingbat. If anyone said something false then prove them in the wrong. If you can't maybe you should wonder why....

Maybe your own holy book is true? You defy the law of God and are suffering the consequences.

Jesus thinks you're a jerk.
10,000 posts of you doing that says otherwise. :rolleyes:

As you continue to prove the Founding Father's correct by your attacking of a rival religion.
Stop lying. I am not "attacking" a rival religion. I do not belong to or subscribe to any known religion. I am a free thinker on a public message board in a section dedicated to religion and ethics, discussing religion and ethics. But you already knew that, didn't you. Honey, if you feel "attacked" its because your own conscience convicts you. Maybe you need to go to confession?

I heard the wages of sin are death. But thats just what I heard. Now, thanks to you, I'm a believer!

Last edited:
Stop lying. I am not "attacking" a rival religion. I do not belong to or subscribe to any known religion. I am a free thinker on a public message board in a section dedicated to religion and ethics, discussing religion and ethics. But you already knew that, didn't you. Honey, if you feel "attacked" its because your own conscience convicts you. Maybe you need to go to confession?

I heard the wages of sin are death. But thats just what I heard. Now, thanks to you, I'm a believer!
Your posts say otherwise.

Forum List

Back