America's Cities Are Turning Into Poverty Stricken Hell Holes

At the same time that tens of thousands of California jobs went AWOL:

"About 86,500 jobs in California were displaced from 1994 to 2010 as a result of trade deficits with Mexico, according to the Economic Policy Institute, which studies the economic conditions of low- and middle-income workers.

"The U.S. had a trade surplus with Mexico of $1.6 billion in 1993, before Nafta took effect, but had a trade deficit of $97.2 billion by 2010, the report said. U.S. trade deficits with Mexico could have supported 682,900 U.S. jobs, the report said. The figure takes into account the additional jobs created by exports to Mexico."

California has lost the most jobs since adoption of Nafta: EPI - L.A. Biz

I see many of those Mexicans who were displaced by NAFTA everytime I walk through my local Home Depot parking lot. What's coming next with the Transpacific Partnership may prove even more destructive to middle class incomes.

Well, if you really want to see what American cities should be, visit Portland, Oregon.

Nations have ups and downs. Once again, in spite of all that has been stated here, America is on the up cycle again as we recover from the follies from 2001 to 2009.
For some of us more than others, however:

"“From the end of the recession in 2009 through 2011 (the last year for which Census Bureau wealth data are available), the 8 million households in the U.S. with a net worth above $836,033 saw their aggregate wealth rise by an estimated $5.6 trillion, while the 111 million households with a net worth at or below that level saw their aggregate wealth decline by an estimated $600 billion.” Pew Research, An Uneven Recovery, by Richard Fry & Paul Taylor."

Sibel Edmonds' Boiling Frogs Post | Home of the Irate Minority

America is on the up cycle again as we recover from the follies from 2001 to 2009.

on the up cycle with U6 stuck at 14% ?? companies laying off workers to avoid Obamacare, and a communist president who had two communist parents and voted to the left of Bernie Sanders????

The last time we had a communist president like this was the Great Depression and WW 2. Up cycle????????????????

Let me guess, you're a liberal??

Forum List

Back