America’s Founders Were Deeply Religious

Soooo heartening to see you try to dig yourself out of the hole you dug.

Here is the true quote.

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,

Um, yeah, that's the best you have, that they didn't change the dating system to Common Era yet?

upload_2019-10-27_13-59-21.jpeg

*bump* for Deflection Barbie.

I'll assume your are retracting this claim:

"There is zero reference to Jesus in the Constitution, dope."
No. But I’m waiting for you to answer my questions.

You can run, but you can't hide, dunce.
Where?

The line concluding article seven.
Quote it please, with a link.

Where?

Not there. You lied.

Are you refusing to quote the last line in article seven because it proves, once again, that I am never wrong?

You should be used to it by now.
Why haven’t you quoted it?

Let's see who lied: quote the line concluding article seven.
"America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,"

Except for the signatures, that is the last line of the U.S. Constitution.

That's false.

Here is the true quote.

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,
The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

If you obtained your version from wikipedia, it is proof that Liberals corrupted and lie about the Constitution.

The same is the case for government school.

Clearly, the Constitution references Jesus.
That's more than the "last line" as you claimed....you lied . And even if that were true, where's the word "Jesus" as you claimed? It's not there. You lied.

Here is the true quote.

If you obtained your version from wikipedia, it is proof that Liberals corrupted and lie about the Constitution.

Clearly, the Constitution references Jesus

Or....

in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven

...give your alternate explanation for whom the reference describes.

Liberals never have the class, honesty, or character to admit when they're proven wrong.
Thank goodness, I never have to.
It's a date. Not a religion. No "jesus" at all. You lied.

Here is the true quote.

Or....

Liberals never have the class, honesty, or character to admit when they're proven wrong.

I did, Comrade. Pay attention.

I just skewered you in the next post.

Never again lie, and claim that there is no reference to Jesus in the Constitution.
Nope...you lied, Comrade.

Here is the true quote.

Or....

No, the Constitution doesn't references Jesus you pointless hack.

"In the year of our lord" was a customary closing salutation.

Nowhere in the body of the Constitution will you find reference to Jesus, Jeebus, the Christian gods or anyone else's gods.

You pointless hack.
Anno Domino.....latin...the OP is desperate.

Just havin' a good time at your expense!

Here is the true quote.

Or....

Not there. You lied.

That's false.

Here is the true quote.

upload_2019-10-27_15-3-16.jpeg

Not there. You lied.

That's false.

Here is the true quote.

You’re clearly a moron.

Are you claiming that this quote from Adams is fake?

or are you claiming that Adams isn’t a founding father?

with you, I don’t assume.

Again, you are incapable of debate.

Maybe this is what trump meant when he assured me I’d be ‘winning’. :laugh:

I don't debate....I simply prove I am right.

Post #53 makes clear that that is not the case.

And the Constitution has a clear reference to Jesus.
Are you claiming that this quote from Adams is fake?

or are you claiming that Adams isn’t a founding father?

with you, I don’t assume.

Where?
Now YOU have her asked her twice.

maybe she’s hard of hearing.

Here is the true quote.

Or....

Not there. You lied.

Are you refusing to quote the last line in article seven because it proves, once again, that I am never wrong?

You should be used to it by now.
I did, Comrade. Pay attention.

I just skewered you in the next post.

Never again lie, and claim that there is no reference to Jesus in the Constitution.
Nope...you lied, Comrade.

Here is the true quote.

Or....

In almost all of their writings, it is evident that many of the founding fathers were Deists -- they believed in a creator, but not such that Christianity or the bible offered. Instead, they needed a "supreme author" of existence but not one who necessarily was involved in the day to day requirements or needs of humanity.

Deism was very popular at the time, and waned when Darwin's Origin's of Life made it clear that a creator was not neccessarily required.

For example, Thomas Jefferson's Bible ends with Jesus crucified and nothing more. He does not return from the dead, which is quite essential from a Christian perspective. Jefferson "believed in Jesus Christ" as a philosopher, but not as a god incarnate. Thomas Paine, of whom it was said, "Without Paine's pen, Washington's sword would never have been wielded", was a thorough-going Deist who's "Age of Reason" deconstructed the bible completely. Franklin also uses very deist terminology, although Franklin did waver back and forth and his autobiography clearly depicts this.

However, the wording of the Constitution is clearly meant to encompass numerous beliefs, extant at the time, to cover the general consensus of beliefs. Hence, deistic terms like "Creator" and "Nature's God", "divine Providence" and the quite evident lack of reference to Jesus and Yahweh. The closest reference is to a "Supreme Judge", but of course that could be Amun Ra, couldn't it?

Religious extremists never have the ability to cease trying to force their gods on others.

Why would I retract my correct statement?

Where?

Here is the true quote.

Or....

Why would I retract my correct statement?

Because I just proved you to be a liar?

Where?

Here is the true quote.

Or....

You have spammed the thread with multiple copies of the same cut and paste nonsense after you were shown to be incorrect.

What a shame religious extremists don't have the courage or integrity to acknowledge their fraud.

Can someone explain to me what Judeo-Christianity is?

Is there an Judeo-Islamism?

I have always found that term to be ridiculous.

As GK Chesteron said...Christianity is the flower and fulfillment of Judaism. Islam is its greatest heresy.

Wow!!!!

Forcing the government school grads to admit (they must since the fact has been provided) to the Jesus reference in the Constitution, has sent them into a rage!!

I do so love watching the Left's blood boil until it vaporized into a fine, red, mist.

"Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth....

Did you catch it? Their work was done “in the Year of our Lord.” The Christian world dates all of human history in terms of the birth of Christ. “B.C.” means “before Christ,” and “A.D.” is the abbreviation for the Latin words “anno Domini,” meaning “year of our Lord.”

If the Framers were interested in being pluralistic, multi-cultural, and politically correct, they would have refrained from using the B.C./A.D. designation. Or they would have used the religionless designations “C.E.,” Common Era, and “B.C.E.,” Before the Common Era (see “Common Era,” 2008). In so doing, they would have avoided offending Jews, atheists, agnostics, and humanists. Or they could have used “A.H.” (anno hegirae—which means “in the year of the Hijrah” and refers to Muhammad’s flight from Mecca in A.D. 622), the date used by Muslims as the commencement date for the Islamic calendar.

Instead, the Framers chose to utilize the dating method that indicated the worldview they shared. What’s more, their reference to “our Lord” does not refer to a generic deity, nor does it refer even to God the Father. It refers to God the Son—an explicit reference to Jesus Christ. Make no mistake: the Constitution of the United States contains an explicit reference to Jesus Christ—not Allah, Buddha, Muhammad, nor the gods of Hindus or Native Americans!

Let’s get this straight: The Declaration of Independence contains four allusions to the God of the Bible. The U.S. Constitution contains allusions to the freedom to practice the Christian religion unimpeded, the significance and priority of Sunday worship, as well as the place of Jesus Christ in history.

So, according to the thinking of the ACLU and a host of liberal educators, politicians, and judges, the Constitution is—unconstitutional! Go figure."
Christianity is in the Constitution

Can I wish all a Merry Christmas???

That refers to the Judeo-Christian faith. Compare this fact with the elites of the major political party today, and the schools they oversee, teaching quite the reverse.

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundamentalist hate group.”

Last week Att’y Gen William Barr gave a speech about the importance of having a religious America. And, of course, he was attacked for it.

1.“United States Attorney General William Barr spoke at Notre Dame Law School [enemies of religion] raced to warn us of our impending doom. Also as per usual, in their screeds were seeds of the very things Barr described.

…RefuseFascism.org, which proclaimed in a headline, “At Notre Dame, William Barr Lays Out a Christian Fascist Nightmare.”

…writer Joan Walsh described Barr as "a paranoid right-wing Catholic ideologue who won't respect the separation of church and state." She mocked the Catholic men's service group Knights of Columbus (of which Barr has been a member) as "a patriarchal cosplay group." Walsh's distaste for Catholicism is matched only by her evident loathing of evangelicals. She writes: "(I)t's worth noting that Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney were all also raised Catholic -- but Pence and Pompeo went one better than Barr and joined the official GOP denomination, White Evangelical Protestantism ... I couldn't wish these guys better company to spend time with in hell.

“From the Founding Era onward, there was strong consensus about the centrality of religious liberty in the United States.

The imperative of protecting religious freedom was not just a nod in the direction of piety. It reflects the Framers’ belief that religion was indispensable to sustaining our free system of government.

In his renowned 1785 pamphlet, “Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments,” James Madison described religious liberty as “a right towards men” but “a duty towards the Creator,” and a “duty….precedent both in order of time and degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.

How does religion promote the moral discipline and virtue needed to support free government?

First, it gives us the right rules to live by. The Founding generation were Christians. They believed that the Judeo-Christian moral system corresponds to the true nature of man. Those moral precepts start with the two great commandments – to Love God with your whole heart, soul, and mind; and to Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.”
America’s great experiment with freedom needs religion
A Moral Citizenry Is Not a Theocracy

Faith is inseparable from liberty and freedom.

Rabid anti-religion bigots attacked Barr....hoping that all of America renounce the views of our Founders, that which made our nation the shining city on the hill.c

If you agree with Barr about the relationship between religion and liberty, you cannot, of course, vote Democrat.

As usual, you "Christian" apologists gloss right over the fact that Christianity in north America was never monolithic or universal, and the various denominations and sects hated each other. Puritans (those annoyed at the Church of England), Roman Catholic, Episcopalian/Church of England, Society of Friends (Quaker), Dutch Reformed, etc. They liked to beat each other up, banish each other, and occasionally execute each other. Loving thy Neighbor as Thyself has never been widely practiced in the U.S. I don't know exactly how Christians of whatever group treated Jewish people in the New World. We know how they did in the Old World.

Barr and his bunch refer generically to "religion," but mean only Christianity and only certain variations of the Christian faith. Not every Christian is a Roman Catholic or a white evangelical. You cannot identify "religion," and specifically Christianity with any political party.

BTW: do you think that those Christians who are arrested for delivering water to those immigrants stranded in the desert, or the survivors of the Tree of Life Synagogue, at which 11 worshipers were slaughtered due to their support for the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society are going to find the Republican Party to best represent their beliefs and values?

"Barr and his bunch refer generically to "religion," but mean only Christianity and only certain variations of the Christian faith."

Link or lie?

Barr is a supporter if the first amendment, hence, obviates your post.

Have someone explain the two clauses that define religion in America, to you.
Stop being coy. You know that the orange whore's whole band only supports and favors Catholics and evangelicals. Why do you continue to ignore other Christians? You apparently have a religious bias. Why do you try to identify the Christian faith with the republican party? Why did someone who was invited to speak because he is the sitting attorney general of all of us launch into a speech about "religion" and "secularists"?

BTW: I voted for the Methodist in the last presidential election. She ran as a Democrat.

That refers to the Judeo-Christian faith. Compare this fact with the elites of the major political party today, and the schools they oversee, teaching quite the reverse.

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundamentalist hate group.”

Last week Att’y Gen William Barr gave a speech about the importance of having a religious America. And, of course, he was attacked for it.

1.“United States Attorney General William Barr spoke at Notre Dame Law School [enemies of religion] raced to warn us of our impending doom. Also as per usual, in their screeds were seeds of the very things Barr described.

…RefuseFascism.org, which proclaimed in a headline, “At Notre Dame, William Barr Lays Out a Christian Fascist Nightmare.”

…writer Joan Walsh described Barr as "a paranoid right-wing Catholic ideologue who won't respect the separation of church and state." She mocked the Catholic men's service group Knights of Columbus (of which Barr has been a member) as "a patriarchal cosplay group." Walsh's distaste for Catholicism is matched only by her evident loathing of evangelicals. She writes: "(I)t's worth noting that Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney were all also raised Catholic -- but Pence and Pompeo went one better than Barr and joined the official GOP denomination, White Evangelical Protestantism ... I couldn't wish these guys better company to spend time with in hell.

“From the Founding Era onward, there was strong consensus about the centrality of religious liberty in the United States.

The imperative of protecting religious freedom was not just a nod in the direction of piety. It reflects the Framers’ belief that religion was indispensable to sustaining our free system of government.

In his renowned 1785 pamphlet, “Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments,” James Madison described religious liberty as “a right towards men” but “a duty towards the Creator,” and a “duty….precedent both in order of time and degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.

How does religion promote the moral discipline and virtue needed to support free government?

First, it gives us the right rules to live by. The Founding generation were Christians. They believed that the Judeo-Christian moral system corresponds to the true nature of man. Those moral precepts start with the two great commandments – to Love God with your whole heart, soul, and mind; and to Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.”
America’s great experiment with freedom needs religion
A Moral Citizenry Is Not a Theocracy

Faith is inseparable from liberty and freedom.

Rabid anti-religion bigots attacked Barr....hoping that all of America renounce the views of our Founders, that which made our nation the shining city on the hill.c

If you agree with Barr about the relationship between religion and liberty, you cannot, of course, vote Democrat.

As usual, you "Christian" apologists gloss right over the fact that Christianity in north America was never monolithic or universal, and the various denominations and sects hated each other. Puritans (those annoyed at the Church of England), Roman Catholic, Episcopalian/Church of England, Society of Friends (Quaker), Dutch Reformed, etc. They liked to beat each other up, banish each other, and occasionally execute each other. Loving thy Neighbor as Thyself has never been widely practiced in the U.S. I don't know exactly how Christians of whatever group treated Jewish people in the New World. We know how they did in the Old World.

Barr and his bunch refer generically to "religion," but mean only Christianity and only certain variations of the Christian faith. Not every Christian is a Roman Catholic or a white evangelical. You cannot identify "religion," and specifically Christianity with any political party.

BTW: do you think that those Christians who are arrested for delivering water to those immigrants stranded in the desert, or the survivors of the Tree of Life Synagogue, at which 11 worshipers were slaughtered due to their support for the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society are going to find the Republican Party to best represent their beliefs and values?

"Barr and his bunch refer generically to "religion," but mean only Christianity and only certain variations of the Christian faith."

Link or lie?

Stop being coy. You know that the orange whore's whole band only supports and favors Catholics and evangelicals. Why do you continue to ignore other Christians? You apparently have a religious bias. Why do you try to identify the Christian faith with the republican party? Why did someone who was invited to speak because he is the sitting attorney general of all of us launch into a speech about "religion" and "secularists"?

BTW: I voted for the Methodist in the last presidential election. She ran as a Democrat.

Link or lie?

Are you admitting that you made up the slander/smear, as you Liberals are wont to do?

..the founding fathers also thought slavery was ok and women shouldn't vote
..the church TORTURED people/rape and molest CHILDREN
...pillaged a christian city for $$$$$
Siege of Zara - Wikipedia
...punished Galileo for believing the Earth is not the center of the universe
etc etc

".the founding fathers also thought slavery was ok ..."

No they didn't.

That's government school propaganda.

1. Usually, the ‘Founders’ refers to these six: Madison, Jefferson and Washington, Adams, Hamilton, and Franklin.
    1. The three non-Southerners worked tirelessly against slavery.
    2. While reading Ron Chernow’s book Alexander Hamilton, though, I found out that Hamilton was a strong advocate for the abolition of slavery. During the 1780s, Hamilton was one of the founders of the New York Society for Promoting the Manumission of Slaves, which was instrumental in the abolition of slavery in the state of New York. After reading about Alexander Hamilton’s work for the New York Manumission Society, I gained a greater appreciation of Alexander Hamiltonhttp://angelolopez.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/alexander-hamilton-and-the-new-york-manumission-society/
    3. Many of the other Founding Fathers were activists like Alexander Hamilton. In 1787 Benjamin Franklin agree to serve as president of the Pennsylvania Abolition Society, which set out to abolish slavery and set up programs to help freed slaves to become good citizens and improve the conditions of free African Americans. On February 12, 1790, Benjamin Franklin and the Pennsylvania Abolition Society presented a petition to the House of Representatives calling for the federal government to take steps for the gradual abolition of slavery and end the slave trade. As a young lawyer, Thomas Jefferson represented a slave in court attempting to be set free and during the 1770s and 1780s, Jefferson had many several attempts to pass legislation to gradually abolish slavery and end the slave trade. John Jay was the first president of the New York Manumission Society and was active in Society’s efforts to abolish slavery. Ibid.
2. An excellent read on the matter is a brilliant book called Miracle in Philadelphia, by Catherine Drinker Bowen, which recounts the actual history and debates around the Constitutional Convention in 1787.

Slavery was a huge issue during that convention, and many of the Founding Fathers wanted it outlawed, but ran into an impasse after many hours of debate with the southern colonies whose agricultural productivity depended on it.

The Founders who wanted to set the stage for the abolition of slavery came up with a compromise involving the issue of apportionment.

The southern colonies that favored slavery wanted all residents of their states, slave and free, counted equally when it came to deciding how many seats they were going to receive in Congress. Some of the northern colonies, who mostly had few slaves and thus nothing to lose didn’t want slave residents counted at all.

The Founder’s compromise was to count each slave as 3/5 of a man for the purposes of apportionment, and when that passed after a great deal more debate and lobbying, legislators from the slave states were permanently limited to a minority. With that one stroke, the state was set for slavery’s eventual demise, and the proof of how effective it was came in 1804, when the slave states were powerless to stop Congress from outlawing the importation of slaves to the new nation.

The stage was set, even if it took 70 years and a bloody war.
Big Journalism Articles - Breitbart

Work hard to undo your indoctrination.
hahahahahah--bullshit--all babble
ok, what about women's right to vote??
the church TORTURING people!! you CANNOT deny this!!
the church RAPING children--you CANNOT deny this

"ok, what about women's right to vote??"

Republicans gave women the vote over a Democrat filibuster.

1. It was a Republican who introduced what became the 19th Amendment, women’s suffrage. On May 21, 1919, U.S. Representative James R. Mann (1856-1922), a Republican from Illinois and chairman of the Suffrage Committee, proposed the House resolution to approve the Susan Anthony Amendment granting women the right to vote. The measure passed the House 304-89—a full 42 votes above the required two-thirds majority. http://www.history.com/topics/19th-amendment

2. The 1919 vote in the House of Representatives was possible because Republicans had retaken control of the House. Attempts to get it passed through Democrat-controlled Congresses had failed.

3. The Senate vote was approved only after a Democrat filibuster; and 82% of the Republican Senators voted for it….and 54% of the Democrats.

4. 26 of the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment had Republican legislatures.

5. Two weeks later, on June 4, 1919, the Senate passed the 19th Amendment by two votes over its two-thirds required majority, 56-25. The amendment was then sent to the states for ratification. Within six days of the ratification cycle, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin each ratified the amendment. Kansas, New York and Ohio followed on June 16, 1919. By March of the following year, a total of 35 states had approved the amendment, one state shy of the two-thirds required for ratification. Southern states were adamantly opposed to the amendment, however, and seven of them—Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina and Virginia—had already rejected it before Tennessee's vote on August 18, 1920. It was up to Tennessee to tip the scale for woman suffrage. Op. Cit.

6. The outlook appeared bleak, given the outcomes in other Southern states and given the position of Tennessee's state legislators in their 48-48 tie. The state's decision came down to 23-year-old Representative Harry T. Burn (1895-1977), a Republican from McMinn County, to cast the deciding vote. Although Burn opposed the amendment, his mother convinced him to approve it. (Mrs. Burn reportedly wrote to her son: "Don't forget to be a good boy and help Mrs. Catt put the 'rat' in ratification.") With Burn's vote, the 19th Amendment was ratified. Certification by U.S. Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby (1869-1950) followed on August 26, 1920. Op. Cit.

7. The National Women's Party led by Alice Paul became the first "cause" to picket outside the White House. Paul and Lucy Burns led a series of protests against the Wilson Administration in Washington. Wilson ignored the protests for six months, but on June 20, 1917, as a Russian delegation drove up to the White House, suffragettes unfurled a banner which stated; "We women of America tell you that America is not a democracy. Twenty million women are denied the right to vote. President Wilson is the chief opponent of their national enfranchisement".[24] Another banner on August 14, 1917, referred to "Kaiser Wilson" and compared the plight of the German people with that of American women. With this manner of protest, the women were subject to arrests and many were jailed.[25] On October 17, Alice Paul was sentenced to seven months and on October 30 began a hunger strike, but after a few days prison authorities began to force feed her.[24] After years of opposition, Wilson changed his position in 1918 to advocate women's suffrage as a war measure.[26] Women's suffrage in the United States - Wikipedia 24. ^ a b James Ciment, Thaddeus Russell (2007). "The home front encyclopedia: United States, Britain, and Canada in World Wars I and II, Volume 1". p.163. ABC-CLIO, 2007

25. ^ Stevens et al., Jailed for Freedom: American Women Win the Vote, NewSage Press (March 21, 1995).

26. ^ Lemons, J. Stanley (1973). "The woman citizen: social feminism in the 1920s" p.13. University of Virginia Press, 1973

a. During the 1912 presidential campaign against Theodore Roosevelt, Wilson and his opponent agreed on many reform measures such as child-labor laws and pro-union legislation. They differed, however, on the subject of women's suffrage, as Roosevelt was in favor of giving women the vote. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-woodrow-wilson-picketed-by-women-suffragists

Republicans led the fight for women’s rights, and most suffragists were Republicans. In fact, Susan B. Anthony bragged about how, after voting (illegally) in 1872, she had voted a straight Republican ticket. The suffragists included two African-American women who were also co-founders of the NAACP: Ida Wells and Mary Terrell, great Republicans, both of them.

Republican Senator Aaron Sargent wrote the women’s suffrage amendment in 1878,though it would not be passed by Congress until Republicans again won control of both houses 40 years later. It was in 1916 that the first woman was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, Republican Jeannette Rankin. The first woman mayor was elected in 1926, the Honorable Bertha Landes of Seattle, another great Republican.
http://www.everythingiknowiswrong.com/2005/02/history_of_the_.html

Wowie, thanks for that sprightly trip down Memory Lane, back to the time when the Democrats were the conservatives and Republicans the Liberals. Takes me back. Why I remember it like it was... .oh, decades before any of us were born. That "Progressive Era" y'all keep yammering aimlessly about. I'm gettin' all misty. :crybaby:

Forum List

Back