Americas Rape Culture

Just another Tommy troll thread against America.
I don't know about that. Some years back I took a week long training in advocating for DV and rape survivors. We spent a whole afternoon looking at films and magazine advertisement and discussing how they are reflective of a culture of rape and violence against women.

In the old days, when a guy got drunk and slept with someone and had regrets, it was chalked up to a learning experience. The same was true for a girl.

Now, if a girl gets drunk and has regrets, it's called rape.

I remember watching an episode of Cheers recently with my son where Carla sleeps with a semi-regular at the bar, but can't remember who she took home. I had to warn my son that today, the guy will get blamed for rape, because today, it doesn't matter if they are both drunk, the guy is the villain if they are both drunk.

Men have no rights anymore, they are always the villain. It's interesting how everything has become political.

"Cheers" It's Lonely on the Top (TV Episode 1993) - Plot Summary - IMDb

Then again in the past if a man raped a women, well.... it was just considered sex and the woman had to deal with it.
I agree with you, but we aren't talking about rape here.

The feminist culture is redefining the terms.

What we are talking about is girls going to parties, getting drunk, and sleeping with guys. In the morning, they feel shame about what they did, and when the guy they like doesn't call them back or want to have anything to do with them, they turn around and call it rape because they are hurt.

In some instances, yes, it is forced sex, but in many others, it is murky at best. Neither the guy or girl can actually remember what happened. So you tell me, who can be blamed? Can anyone?

All I am saying is, if the girl was drunk, there IS NO RAPE. If she was binge drinking and partying so hard, and the guy she was with was doing the same thing, then neither can be held criminally liable for anything.

If they can be, why can't the man say he was raped? :dunno:

It's like folks don't remember college, have never been, or went to a lame school.

Absolute shite. If the woman is too drunk to say yes then it is rape. Women have a right to get drunk without having to worry about some pervert climbing all over her.
YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY LIBERAL MEDIA CRAP.

In all instances where the woman has been too drunk to remember what she did the night before? She did say yes. How does she know what went on? How does he know what went on?

Just because when she is sober she swears up and down she would never want that, doesn't mean she didn't when she was sloshed.

You don't know what you are going on about. You have obviously never been to a party school or met one of these types of girls. They hide behind booze as an excuse to act like flirts and promiscuous sluts when the weekend comes. When they go home to mom and dad, and go to church for holiday, it's a different story though.

Don't give me any of your liberal sanctimonious bullshit. There isn't any rape going on here. It's a cover.

Half of these boys are too wasted to be able to force themselves onto a sheep. They can't even walk straight.

You don't have a clue about what you are going on about.

This topic is about saving face for these girls, it isn't about dignity, violence, rights or any of that crap.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. They want permission to be bad in societies eyes, and they want to ruin the reputation and lives of boys trying to make their way in the world in the process.

I'll tell you who the perverts are. . . .
Unless you have personal knowledge of these kinds of situations, and a lot of them, you should stop fantasizing about what you THINK is going on. No girl is going to allege rape and go through all the bullshit of dealing with attitudes like yours unless she has been seriously affronted.

That's bullshit. False accusations DO happen.

A lot.

Then again in the past if a man raped a women, well.... it was just considered sex and the woman had to deal with it.

What we are talking about is girls going to parties, getting drunk, and sleeping with guys. In the morning, they feel shame about what they did, and when the guy they like doesn't call them back or want to have anything to do with them, they turn around and call it rape because they are hurt.

In some instances, yes, it is forced sex, but in many others, it is murky at best. Neither the guy or girl can actually remember what happened. So you tell me, who can be blamed? Can anyone?

All I am saying is, if the girl was drunk, there IS NO RAPE. If she was binge drinking and partying so hard, and the guy she was with was doing the same thing, then neither can be held criminally liable for anything.

It's like folks don't remember college, have never been, or went to a lame school.

Absolute shite. If the woman is too drunk to say yes then it is rape. Women have a right to get drunk without having to worry about some pervert climbing all over her.

In all instances where the woman has been too drunk to remember what she did the night before? She did say yes. How does she know what went on? How does he know what went on?

Just because when she is sober she swears up and down she would never want that, doesn't mean she didn't when she was sloshed.

You don't know what you are going on about. You have obviously never been to a party school or met one of these types of girls. They hide behind booze as an excuse to act like flirts and promiscuous sluts when the weekend comes. When they go home to mom and dad, and go to church for holiday, it's a different story though.

Don't give me any of your liberal sanctimonious bullshit. There isn't any rape going on here. It's a cover.

Half of these boys are too wasted to be able to force themselves onto a sheep. They can't even walk straight.

This topic is about saving face for these girls, it isn't about dignity, violence, rights or any of that crap.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. They want permission to be bad in societies eyes, and they want to ruin the reputation and lives of boys trying to make their way in the world in the process.

Unless you have personal knowledge of these kinds of situations, and a lot of them, you should stop fantasizing about what you THINK is going on. No girl is going to allege rape and go through all the bullshit of dealing with attitudes like yours unless she has been seriously affronted.

A lot.
And plenty of women ARE raped and don't report it.

A lot.

So you agree, false accusations do happen, a lot. Good.

Old Lady was saying the opposite. Thinking which, if not challenged, leads to the presumption of guilt on the man, and thus many innocent lives destroyed.

A lot.

Old Lady was saying the opposite. Thinking which, if not challenged, leads to the presumption of guilt on the man, and thus many innocent lives destroyed.
It used to be that the women were presumed liars, and had consented. There is also the gray area of subtance abuse.

Yeah, right. All girls are perfect little snowflakes, and all men are evil. I'm sure.

How To Stop Rape
How To Stop Rape
Regret is not rape: lessons from an old-school Feminist | Boys and Men in Education

As a woman, I loathe/hate/despise the idea of the “I was too impaired to properly consent” rape. To me, it infantilizes women, giving the impression that we must be protected from ourselves. Usually by an equally impaired and “not showing the greatest judgment himself” male.

Haha – silly me! Don’t even know (and will never learn) my own limits of intoxication. I can do anything I want, but just don’t hold ME responsible. I’m just a dumb girl!

Here’s a few inconvenient truths: women/girls, because of the stigmatization of being sexual beings, often use alcohol or other substances, to give themselves an excuse to “misbehave” in ways not normally socially acceptable to their peers, which may include group sex, multiple partners or the stereotypical bad-boy.

Woman can actually enjoy such encounters, despite what their church, neighbors, parents, or school thinks.

Woman can be quite the seductresses. We’re practically taught it from birth. We know it, and, on occasion, we use it for nefarious purposes. Like getting better grades, job promotions, getting our tires changed or even – gasp – having others commit crimes for us.

Women DO lie. In many ways, we have not had traditional power, but in the way of sex? That, as we know, can be used to achieve the results we want (especially now).

I know of one young woman who has sent 4 different men to prison, for sexual assault, on 4 different occasions. Mostly, because they did something to piss her off. Not a single on involved an actual sexual assault.

There were a few others, but they, fortunately, weren’t convicted. (although the emotional & financial devastating to their lives was enormous)

Woman CAN be aggressive and ask for it. Literally. And, in my experience, men can be hopeful saps who just want to get laid. Usually being half in-the-bag themselves, they’re quite able to believe the young lady throwing herself at him wants him just as badly, and he doesn’t give a whole lot of thought to her current blood alcohol level.

That hardly makes him a criminal. At best, he’s guilty of poor judgment, and so is she.

CZINGER: Sexual regret is not rape
CZINGER: Sexual regret is not rape
There are gradations between “glorious, consensual sex” and rape; the term “rape” should not be used to describe every unfortunate or regrettable sexual encounter. Let’s be clear: I am not proposing that only rape in dark alleys with knives is “real rape.” But I do think the term is currently being applied to the wrong situations. In order for something to be rape, it has to involve a lack of consent, a perpetrator and a victim. As Cecily states, “[the use of the term rape] has value because … those who perpetrate a rape … bear responsibility … perpetrators do real damage to their victims and are accountable for the scars they leave.” In short, rape has a horrible, well-deserved stigma that must be maintained in order to shame perpetrators and bring victims to justice.

The example of the drunken hookup lacks a perpetrator. Consider: How can the boy know if his partner is “too drunk to give consent”? If he is drunk, can he really judge her state? And what if he is also “too drunk to give consent”? Sometimes things are more clear-cut and we can assign blame. If he is more sober, and can see that she is incoherent, sick or unresponsive, the standard is raised. If he proceeds while she is clearly “too drunk to give consent,” then the term “rapist” applies. However, many people not only appear functional when blackout drunk, but initiate sexual interaction with enthusiasm and aggression. Situations without a perpetrator should not be called rape.

The blackout drunk girl needs to share responsibility. Cecily’s assertion that “if she feels like she has been [raped], she has been” is inaccurate. It turns an objective crime into a subjective opinion. If the boy cannot tell that she was too drunk to give consent, then it is not rape. Her predicament the next morning is serious and upsetting. She has the right to seek counseling and reach out to her friends. However, she does not have the right to label her partner a rapist. Intoxication does not relieve all accountability. The drunk driver cannot tell the cop, “I am sorry, officer, but I was in no position to judge whether or not I should get into this car.” The fact is that when she drank that extra gin and tonic, she opened herself up to the possibility that she might grab that boy from Chemistry section and take off her tank top. As a feminist, I believe women have the right and responsibility to take ownership of their bodies and their choices — alcoholic, sexual, social and otherwise.

Sexual regret does not equal rape. We should not use its existence to defend the term “rape culture,” which is alienating, inaccurate and ultimately prevents us from creating a more positive sexual atmosphere. We should prevent behavior that prevents people from giving consent, such as alcohol abuse, unfair hook-up expectations, and mutual disregard. We should recognize that there are sexual problems on campus that have nothing to do with consent. The boyfriend who bullies his girlfriend into saying yes to sex seems more of a perpetrator than the intoxicated party boy. We should prevent the word “rape” from becoming meaningless rhetoric by adding other, more accurate and less offensive words to the table. Words like “sexual regret,” “high-risk sexual behavior,” and “sexual bullying.” If we don’t clarify our terms, we’ll end up in a state of perpetual fear. If we don’t know which real, specific situations cause the problem, we’ll have no way of fighting them.
Rape apologist.
Dear god, your hypocrisy know no bounds. Just weeks ago you equated the Cologne sex assaults and rapes with football fans shouting 'get yer tits out'. In case anyone is puzzled by this double standard, I'll explain. The cologne sex attackers were Muslim 'refugees'.

Last edited:
I don't know about that. Some years back I took a week long training in advocating for DV and rape survivors. We spent a whole afternoon looking at films and magazine advertisement and discussing how they are reflective of a culture of rape and violence against women.
I don't think you understand. Rape is only an issue for Tommy when Americans and westerners are doing it.

I don't think you understand. Rape is only an issue for Tommy when Americans and westerners are doing it.
You're right and I did consider putting a qualifier in about the universality of "rape culture".

A lot.

It used to be that the women were presumed liars, and had consented. There is also the gray area of subtance abuse.
Now the pendulum has swung too far the other way, imho. False allegations of rape can destroy the lives of men and their families every bit as much as genuine rape can destroy the lives of victims and their families.

A lot.

Now the pendulum has swung too far the other way. False allegations of rape can destroy the lives of men and their families every bit as much as genuine rape does.
Both parties in the equation deserve fair treatment. I don't think the pendulum has swung sooo far to favoring women rape victims quite yet.

Women should be protected, not exploited.
---
Perhaps women should wear a hijab with a gun inside. Piggish men would have to think twice then.

The ugly women don't have to worry as much against non-desperate men.
Perhaps they should wear a burqa instead.
:)
(Hey, just kidding ... about 2nd paragraph).

Why are women treated like this ?
Is it because of pornography or how people are brought up ?
---
It's how MEN are brought up.
I like pornography as a substitute when I haven't had "any" for awhile. I even had rape fantasies.
HOWEVER, i never have, nor would i ever rape anyone ... unless my wife wanted me to indulge her on that fantasy. So far, she has expressed no interest in that scenario.

Why are women treated like this ?
Is it because of pornography or how people are brought up ?
---
It's how MEN are brought up.
I like pornography as a substitute when I haven't had "any" for awhile. I even had rape fantasies.
HOWEVER, i never have, nor would i ever rape anyone ... unless my wife wanted me to indulge her on that fantasy. So far, she has expressed no interest in that scenario.
Even if your wife HAD indulged you on that scenario it wouldn't be rape if she agreed to it and had a safe word to tell you if she got scared.

A lot.

Which has what to do with today?

Why did you bring that up?

Forum List

Back