Amnesty Will Not Draw Hispanics to the GOP

Bush got more than 40% of the vote just eight years ago.

Yes, the GOP must reach out to Hispanics and women, and, yes, if they do it constructively and earnestly, they will benefit measurably by doing so.

understood -- just realize one thing. That 41% he got STILL represents getting blown out among this group. Its just better than Romney did -- and in fairness to old Mitt he was runnig against a person of color who they may have identified better with than the patrician yacht owning mega rich white guy who bush beat in 2004. also done forget to consider what this may do to the GOP base to whom this is anathema. It could be subtraction by addition coupled with subtraction by subtraction

another intersting set of articles that the GOP should consider is the effect the hispanic vote really had on the last election which after all is what is driving the republican lemming to this issue -- I dont have access to the analyses now but they were pretty consistent that Obama won easily regardless of the hispanic vote. It may be true that even if every hispanic voted for romney -- obama still wins; at the very least it was something like 75-80%.

bottom line -- i hear you and you may well be right but there is just alot of empirical data out there that suggests otherwise. Thats why i say proceed with care GOP

No, there isn't, and your thesis is merely assertion, nothing more.

The bottom line here is that amnesty or immigration reform alone will not really help the GOP with Hispanic voters.

What will help?

Stop the racist rhetoric.

Stop treating people who speak Spanish like second class citizens.

Tone down the anti-immigrant, nativist rhetoric.

Stop getting mad and claiming Hispanics just want "free stuff" from the government.

Stop questioning Hispanics' intelligence and loyalty when they disagree with you.

In other words, stop ascting like douchebags towards Hispanics.

What do you think of ArmyCowboy's post?

I approve

Here points gut every ethnocentric's counter arguments. Either the GOP attracts minorities or it dies.

The bottom line here is that amnesty or immigration reform alone will not really help the GOP with Hispanic voters.

What will help?

What "racist" rhetoric?

If they speak Spanish, they are probably illegal aliens, not citizens.

Tone down the anti-immigrant, nativist rhetoric.

You mean we should support illegal immigration?

Stop getting mad and claiming Hispanics just want "free stuff" from the government.

How else do you explain them voting for Democrats?

Stop questioning Hispanics' intelligence and loyalty when they disagree with you.

Their loyalty is easily questioned since they belong to groups that want to make the Southwest into Mexican territory.

images

Yeah, real loyal Americans.

You mean start pretending that reality isn't real?

Last edited:
bripat clearly, above, says he disavows America.

Where he will go from America, I have no idea, but he is never going to be happy here.

Why is that people view this issue as racist rhetoric and not for what it is? When the left fails and stumbles, they pull out this race card to create a smoke screen. The fundamental issue is how will granting immunity address the fact that federal immigration law was violated, the federal government thwarted attempts to secure the boarder and deport illegal immigrants, the boarder remains unsecured, and that in 1986 we tried the same thing without an apparent curtailment to the flood of workers? When will this nonsense be addressed? The sad fact remains is that those sitting in their ivory tower have failed to serve and protect the constitution and this country. Enough with this race card game address the fact of law and secure the boarders. I agree that the deportation of 11 million people would be both difficult and expensive but blanket amnesty would be a slap in the face of every American and the laws of the land.

What will help?

What "racist" rhetoric?

Their loyalty is easily questioned since they belong to groups that want to make the Southwest into Mexican territory.

images

This is exactly the stupidity that most intelligent members of the GOP are trying to distance themselves from. Inbred, racist, nativist hicks with room temperature IQs who engage their mouths, while they aren't able to engage enough brain cells to make intelligent statements.

Bush got more than 40% of the vote just eight years ago.

Yes, the GOP must reach out to Hispanics and women, and, yes, if they do it constructively and earnestly, they will benefit measurably by doing so.

understood -- just realize one thing. That 41% he got STILL represents getting blown out among this group. Its just better than Romney did -- and in fairness to old Mitt he was runnig against a person of color who they may have identified better with than the patrician yacht owning mega rich white guy who bush beat in 2004. also done forget to consider what this may do to the GOP base to whom this is anathema. It could be subtraction by addition coupled with subtraction by subtraction

another intersting set of articles that the GOP should consider is the effect the hispanic vote really had on the last election which after all is what is driving the republican lemming to this issue -- I dont have access to the analyses now but they were pretty consistent that Obama won easily regardless of the hispanic vote. It may be true that even if every hispanic voted for romney -- obama still wins; at the very least it was something like 75-80%.

bottom line -- i hear you and you may well be right but there is just alot of empirical data out there that suggests otherwise. Thats why i say proceed with care GOP

well here is one article that touches on it despite what you say -- and of course you are exactly the type they are referring to with this insistence that hispanics are natural republicans. There is more out there if you choose to look for it but thats up to you. they may all turn Republican someday -- no one can tell. But the record thats out there really doesnt support the idea that they will. But to deny its existence is symptomatic of the same type of denial that had a lot of Republicans really thinking they ever had a chance to win this election.

The Republicans? Fallacy About Latino Voters And What Motivates Them - The Daily Beast.

PS -- if you also look at some of the historical data -- Clinton beat Dole with the hispanic vote even worse that obama beat Romney -- and yet without any big immigration bill passing the republican retook the White house 4 years later with a candidate who did much better with the hispanics but still lost them overwhelmingly by 18%

What will help?

What "racist" rhetoric?

images

This is exactly the stupidity that most intelligent members of the GOP are trying to distance themselves from. Inbred, racist, nativist hicks with room temperature IQs who engage their mouths, while they aren't able to engage enough brain cells to make intelligent statements.

In other words, you are unable to dispute anything I posted.

well here is one article that touches on it despite what you say -- and of course you are exactly the type they are referring to with this insistence that hispanics are natural republicans. There is more out there if you choose to look for it but thats up to you. they may all turn Republican someday -- no one can tell. But the record thats out there really doesnt support the idea that they will. But to deny its existence is symptomatic of the same type of denial that had a lot of Republicans really thinking they ever had a chance to win this election.

The Republicans? Fallacy About Latino Voters And What Motivates Them - The Daily Beast.

PS -- if you also look at some of the historical data -- Clinton beat Dole with the hispanic vote even worse that obama beat Romney -- and yet without any big immigration bill passing the republican retook the White house 4 years later with a candidate who did much better with the hispanics but still lost them overwhelmingly by 18%

In the short run, you are in a lose, lose situation and it will take more than immigration reform to change the Hispanic vote. Part of doing something is to learn how to shut the fuck up. For the sake of the Hispanics, I'd like to see a better world for them, but if you Republicans are too dumb to do it, it's on you. Remember how the Cubans felt about Democrats after the Bay of Pigs? That's what happens when a political party pisses off a large ethnic group. It can take generations for it to pass.

If you weren't a bigot, you would think the Hispanic vote should follow the pattern of the Catholic vote. I don't think ethnicity determines a group's ideology, I think values do. I don't think Hispanics are into abortion, but that's becoming less of an issue.

Why is that people view this issue as racist rhetoric and not for what it is? When the left fails and stumbles, they pull out this race card to create a smoke screen. The fundamental issue is how will granting immunity address the fact that federal immigration law was violated, the federal government thwarted attempts to secure the boarder and deport illegal immigrants, the boarder remains unsecured, and that in 1986 we tried the same thing without an apparent curtailment to the flood of workers? When will this nonsense be addressed? The sad fact remains is that those sitting in their ivory tower have failed to serve and protect the constitution and this country. Enough with this race card game address the fact of law and secure the boarders. I agree that the deportation of 11 million people would be both difficult and expensive but blanket amnesty would be a slap in the face of every American and the laws of the land.

We're supposed to pretend that none of that ever happened and that illegal aliens are no different than any other group that immigrated to America.

What "racist" rhetoric?

images

In other words, you have agreed that you fit the mold of "that most intelligent members of the GOP are trying to distance themselves from. Inbred, racist, nativist hicks with room temperature IQs who engage their mouths, while they aren't able to engage enough brain cells to make intelligent statements."

What "racist" rhetoric?

images

Actually, I was unwilling to lower myself to talking about that garbage, but think what you will. Facts obviously matter little to you, so whatever you want to believe is fine with me.

In other words, you have agreed that you fit the mold of "that most intelligent members of the GOP are trying to distance themselves from. Inbred, racist, nativist hicks with room temperature IQs who engage their mouths, while they aren't able to engage enough brain cells to make intelligent statements."

I would imagine he considers it a badge of honor.

"Them damned, elitist, educated establishment motherfuckers don't tell me what to do, dern it."

Actually, I was unwilling to lower myself to talking about that garbage, but think what you will. Facts obviously matter little to you, so whatever you want to believe is fine with me.

Liberal Dictionary:
=====================================
Facts - garbage

No. I agree that turds like you refuse to admit facts.

Yes, I agree that you are one of those "turds who refuse to admit facts."

You are drone feed in the making.

Fingerboy! Can't you figure out your shit isn't going to grow wings and fly in this country? You people are so extreme, you will never get majority support in America. Jake is willing to compromise for the sake of his party and you aren't. Politics requires compromise or nothing will ever get done. It doesn't mean you have to compromise what you believe in, but it means you have to grow up and realize you aren't going to always get what you want. Getting what you want half the time is better than never getting what you want.

What the hell is wrong with recognizing something is a problem and dealing with it? There will be other problems, but why allow problems to gang up on the people in a nation? Figure out ways to solve the problems.

Forum List

Back