An Ex Morman speaks about Robmoney

Sallow, look up "theocracy" in the dictionary, please. You don't understand what it means.
"Theocracy" is what the Mormon ledership wants when the sh*t hits the fan:
White Horse Prophecy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "White Horse Prophecy" isnt about establishing a theocracy at all. Not to mention it's not reliably sourced. There are parts of it that have been confirmed, namely the fact that the Elders of Israel will save the Constitution when it's hanging by a thread.

But how is prophecying that the Constitution will be saved is going to establish a theocracy? I don't follow that logic. Does the US Constitution establish a theocracy? It doesnt to my understanding.

But that's not what Romney is saying. What Romney is saying is that religious doctrine should trump legislation.

Which is pretty scary..

You mean people should be able to exercise their religious doctrine without interference from the government? How scary.

No.

And it's not what you should be running on.

If theocracy is what you guys want..be honest about it. Propose a Constitutional amendment that changes the first amendment to state that government can establish an religion.

This way..any religion that wants to have a for profit..without obeying laws..like paying taxes..or providing health insurance..or hiring people that they don't like because of sexual orientation, or religion, or ethnicity, or race..would be legal.

Run on it.

Be honest about it.

We want the Republic restored. We want the First Amendment respected. We dont want a theocracy. So stop being paranoid and start educating yourself.

What part of the commerce clause, don't you get?

Government has some very broad powers..and for a reason.

And that's why..religious organizations should not be involved in commerce.

The federal government doesnt have broad powers. They have limited powers. The Federal Government is a government of limited jurisdiction. Ignoring this doesnt change that.

Romney's religion has nothing to do with his job as President. Period.

Romney attacked Obama on religion. Which in turn opens up a whole new door for Romney.

I applaud his devotion. And I'm glad he's a cleric. Conservatives should be more honest about their wish to turn the US into a theocracy.

Ralph Reed and his "guerrilla" campaign to have the Christian Coalition do it..was a little dishonest. No?

When did Romney attack Obama on religion?

There are no Mormon clerics. Why do you continue to lie about that?

Romney did run an ad accusing Obama of waging a war on Christianity, Av.

:cool:

But the imperfect folks like you and me still can get into the third kingdom. Of course, we get to share it with Stalin and Hitler and bigrenbc and kohsergirl. :lol:

Imperfect folks get into all the kingdoms through the Atonement of Christ.

Well, that's kind of lame, then.

Actually, you LDS (you are LDS, aren't you Amelia?) beleive in different levels of Heaven, and only good Mormons get into the highest one, the Celestial Heaven.

But the imperfect folks like you and me still can get into the third kingdom. Of course, we get to share it with Stalin and Hitler and bigrenbc and kohsergirl. :lol:

Well at least third. I'd guess second. That's where I plan to build my cabin. Look me up.

Why settle when you can recieve all the blessings there are?

To be fair, the guy gets so many things wrong, I highly doubt he was ever a Mormon. Youd be surprised how many pretend they used to be Mormons to try to make themselves sound more authoritative. I once had a discussion with someone who claimed to be ex-mormon and had no clue what an Elder was. Another one claimed to have been a convert who finally saw the light when he "learned" about Baptism for the dead. Despite the fact that he couldnt be baptized without taking the discussions which clearly teach the doctrine of Baptism for the dead.

There are just some odd people out there.

Romney attacked Obama on religion. Which in turn opens up a whole new door for Romney.

I applaud his devotion. And I'm glad he's a cleric. Conservatives should be more honest about their wish to turn the US into a theocracy.

Ralph Reed and his "guerrilla" campaign to have the Christian Coalition do it..was a little dishonest. No?

When did Romney attack Obama on religion?

There are no Mormon clerics. Why do you continue to lie about that?

Romney did run an ad accusing Obama of waging a war on Christianity, Av.

:cool:

Did he?

Prove that the statement "a single woman cannot enter heaven" is false?

Easy.

In the LDS faith, practically everyone goes to heaven. Even murderers go to heaven. The marital status of a woman does not keep her out of heaven.

The only people who don't go to heaven are those who deny the Holy Ghost after receiving a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ. Not many people in the history of mankind meet that criterion. It's a very high threshold of knowledge.

Well, that's kind of lame, then.

Actually, you LDS (you are LDS, aren't you Amelia?) beleive in different levels of Heaven, and only good Mormons get into the highest one, the Celestial Heaven.

And again, why would you vote for someone who thinks that way.

Besides lumping on posters you don't like with Hitler and Stalin, which is kind of repugnant, why would you want an afterlife where people who merely have the wrong religion have to share "heaven" with history's great monsters?

Not that straight Christianity doesn't have it's messed up elements. (For instance, Dahmner would get into Heaven because he embraced Jesus, but Ann Frank wouldn't.)

Amelia is shy about her religion. The way some act around here, I can understand that.

Meh... On another board, I got into arguments about Romney during the 2008 campaign. This joker claimed he wsa an Evangelical, and just didn't understand why other evangelicals were mean to Mormons, even though he kept on bringing up Mormon apologetics to explain away the Mormon Crazy.

Anyway, big shock, he claimed that at sixty-something, he and his whole family had just converted to Mormonism.

The federal government doesnt have broad powers. They have limited powers. The Federal Government is a government of limited jurisdiction. Ignoring this doesnt change that.

Alexander Hamilton, John Quincy Adams, Henry Clay, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and most respected political philosophers disagree with you, and so does history,

Alexander Hamilton, John Quincy Adams, Henry Clay, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and most respected political philosophers disagree with you, and so does history,
Well there you have jake does not have a clue about the Constitution.
I might remind you Lincoln was called a dictator and assassinated for his actions. Hamilton stayed in arguments with the other founders and Wilson the creator of the big government end of story your examples show you are clueless.

Well at least third. I'd guess second. That's where I plan to build my cabin. Look me up.

Why settle when you can recieve all the blessings there are?

Just being realistic. I usually say I'm going to hell but I figured that would be confusing in context with the other terminology in the thread.

A quiet little cabin with a couple of fruit trees and nice neighbors. That's what I want.

But that's not what Romney is saying. What Romney is saying is that religious doctrine should trump legislation.

Which is pretty scary..

You mean people should be able to exercise their religious doctrine without interference from the government? How scary.

Well considering that ritual human sacrifice is part and parcel with religion doctrine..

Yeah..I want government interference.

Scary as that sounds.

Same with George Washington, FDR, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

No.

And it's not what you should be running on.

If theocracy is what you guys want..be honest about it. Propose a Constitutional amendment that changes the first amendment to state that government can establish an religion.

This way..any religion that wants to have a for profit..without obeying laws..like paying taxes..or providing health insurance..or hiring people that they don't like because of sexual orientation, or religion, or ethnicity, or race..would be legal.

Run on it.

Be honest about it.

We want the Republic restored. We want the First Amendment respected. We dont want a theocracy. So stop being paranoid and start educating yourself.

When you guys start posting shit like this..either it has no meaning..or it means:

-You want to get rid of voting rights for women.
-You want to get rid of voting rights for minorities.
-You want a restoration of slavery.
-You want a restoration of the notion that White Christian Males are to rule the country.
-You believe that legislation should be derived from the Christian bible.
-You believe that democratic institutions are wrong.

There's no paranoia here. Many rights that have been won..weren't there in the beginning. The Constitution has evolved a great deal over the centuries.

And when you post "restore"..that's what it means. Getting rid of those hard fought for rights.

Hows that massive Federal Gov't workin' for ya'? Soon there will be 30,000 spy drones flying overhead and good ole boys like you will call that "Freedom". Good luck trying hide from those.

Of course, this would be MUCH easier to handle if those powers were concentrated locally instead of in D.C.

It's the United STATES of America, NOT the United FEDERAL GOV'T of America. There are REASONS for that which you don't understand.

Forum List

Back