An Ex Morman speaks about Robmoney

Mormons aren't part of that group. Not by a long shot.

Mormons are almost as vested in the separation of church and state as atheist advocacy groups are.

Mormons know too well what it is like to be a minority faith and be oppressed by the majority. The protection against this is the separation of church and state.

Is this incorrect?

The White Horse Prophecy is a statement purported to have been made in 1843 by Joseph Smith, Jr., founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, regarding the future of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and the United States of America. The Latter Day Saints, according to the prophecy, would "go to the Rocky Mountains and ... be a great and mighty people", identified figuratively with the White Horse described in the Revelation of John. The prophecy further predicts that the United States Constitution will one day "hang like a thread" and will be saved "by the efforts of the White Horse".[1]

Some have speculated, on the basis of the White Horse Prophecy, that Mormons expect the United States to eventually become a theocracy dominated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).[2][3] The authenticity of the prophecy as a whole, which was not made public until long after Smith's death, is debated, and the leadership of the LDS Church has stated that "the so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' ... is not embraced as Church doctrine."[4] However, the belief that members of the LDS Church will one day need to take action to save the imperiled US Constitution has been attributed to Smith in several sources and has been discussed in an approving fashion by Brigham Young and other LDS leaders.

Several prominent Mormons have made statements related to the White Horse Prophecy. For instance, US presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he considers the White Horse Prophecy to be a matter of "speculation and discussion by [LDS] church members" and "not official [LDS] church doctrine
White Horse Prophecy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did Joseph Smith run for the Presidency of the United States?

You're gonna have to step it up a notch and refrain from using Wikipedia. I don't even bother when I see Wikipedia listed as a primary source and neither does the founder of Wikipedia or college professors. Take it to the kiddie forum.

How about the LDS website?

That work?

Joseph Smith: Campaign for President of the United States

By Arnold K. Garr

Department Chair, Church History and Doctrine

Brigham Young University

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On January 29, 1844, the Prophet Joseph Smith formally decided to run for the office of president of the United States. What did he hope to accomplish?

It began in 1839. The Prophet Joseph Smith, finally free after more than four months of imprisonment in Liberty, Missouri, had settled in Illinois, and the Saints had begun building what would become the city of Nauvoo. With the Missouri persecutions fresh in their minds, the Saints sought redress for the grievances they had suffered, but they were not successful.
Joseph Smith: Campaign for President of the United States - Ensign Feb. 2009 - ensign

It's a slow process..but conservatives are working over time to get us there.

Grats.

Mormons are almost as vested in the separation of church and state as atheist advocacy groups are.

Mormons know too well what it is like to be a minority faith and be oppressed by the majority. The protection against this is the separation of church and state.

Is this incorrect?

The White Horse Prophecy is a statement purported to have been made in 1843 by Joseph Smith, Jr., founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, regarding the future of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and the United States of America. The Latter Day Saints, according to the prophecy, would "go to the Rocky Mountains and ... be a great and mighty people", identified figuratively with the White Horse described in the Revelation of John. The prophecy further predicts that the United States Constitution will one day "hang like a thread" and will be saved "by the efforts of the White Horse".[1]

Some have speculated, on the basis of the White Horse Prophecy, that Mormons expect the United States to eventually become a theocracy dominated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).[2][3] The authenticity of the prophecy as a whole, which was not made public until long after Smith's death, is debated, and the leadership of the LDS Church has stated that "the so-called 'White Horse Prophecy' ... is not embraced as Church doctrine."[4] However, the belief that members of the LDS Church will one day need to take action to save the imperiled US Constitution has been attributed to Smith in several sources and has been discussed in an approving fashion by Brigham Young and other LDS leaders.

Several prominent Mormons have made statements related to the White Horse Prophecy. For instance, US presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he considers the White Horse Prophecy to be a matter of "speculation and discussion by [LDS] church members" and "not official [LDS] church doctrine

Yes, he ran for the presidency. And he was killed. And many other bad things happened members of the church for decades after that ...

These things are WHY Mormons have such a respect for the separation of church and state today.

Is this incorrect?

Yes, he ran for the presidency. And he was killed. And many other bad things happened members of the church for decades after that ...

These things are WHY Mormons have such a respect for the separation of church and state today.

But that's not what Romney is saying. What Romney is saying is that religious doctrine should trump legislation.

Which is pretty scary..

Is this incorrect?

But that's not what Romney is saying. What Romney is saying is that religious doctrine should trump legislation.

Which is pretty scary..

Scary?

It worries me a little that you find the first amendment so frightening.

Yup, 168 years ago. What about it?

If you think Romney believes that his religious doctrine trumps constitutional protections, why, then, Sallow you are as foolish as bigrebnc, and that is saying much.

Last edited:

Which is pretty scary..

Scary?

The first amendment clearly states you can freely practice your religion..and government can't create legislation establishing religion.

I personally think that government funding religious initiatives are un-constitutional. And that religious organizations that are "for profit" and hire employees..as opposed to volunteers..are subject to the laws of the land..including taxation.

I also feel that your religious freedom ends..at my personal liberty. You do not have the right to dictate your religious morals to me.

Which is pretty scary..

Scary?

The first amendment clearly states you can freely practice your religion..and government can't create legislation establishing religion.

I personally think that government funding religious initiatives are un-constitutional. And that religious organizations that are "for profit" and hire employees..as opposed to volunteers..are subject to the laws of the land..including taxation.

I also feel that your religious freedom ends..at my personal liberty. You do not have the right to dictate your religious morals to me.

You are entitled to your misguided understanding of the Constitution. Atheists have no more and no less rights than anybody else. The way it is, ese.

If you think Romney believes that his religious doctrine trumps constitutional protections, why, then, Sallow you are as foolish as bigrebnc, and that is saying much.

Romney brought religion into the campaign..so it's fair to question his batshit crazy magical beliefs.

And the vile lech..Joseph Smith.

In for a dime? In for a dollar.

Scary?

You are entitled to your misguided understanding of the Constitution. Atheists have no more and no less rights than anybody else. The way it is, ese.

And your entitled to believe that Theocracy might be a better system of government..then the one we have now.

I repectfully..however..disagree with you..your holiness.

Romney brought religion into the campaign..so it's fair to question his batshit crazy magical beliefs. And the vile lech..Joseph Smith. In for a dime? In for a dollar.
Which shows you are a fool. Romney believes in none of that nonsense, and so every time you try this nonsense, you add votes for Romney.

Go for it, fool,

Which is pretty scary..

Scary?

You seem to be running Romney's positions through a fun house to trying to magnify them into something threatening.

Scary?

You seem to be running Romney's positions through a fun house to trying to magnify them into something threatening.

No I'm not.

Romney said Obama was violating religious freedoms. He also said that Obama wanted a "more secular" society..and the criticized Rev. Wright's "version" of his faith.

That's no fun house..that's what he said.

Scary?

That is exactly what Sallow is doing. Active LDS today practice very little of the exotic nonsense JS did, and to try to impeach Romney like that is similar to impeaching Catholic candidates with the Borgias.

Mindless trools.

Romney brought religion into the campaign..so it's fair to question his batshit crazy magical beliefs. And the vile lech..Joseph Smith. In for a dime? In for a dollar.
Which shows you are a fool. Romney believes in none of that nonsense, and so every time you try this nonsense, you add votes for Romney.

Go for it, fool,

Romney has disavowed Joseph Smith?

Read more carefully, Sallow. You are a tool for the fool left, so those questions go nowhere.

More carefully..what?

If you check these threads "more carefully"..when Romney started out..I pointed out his religion should be off limits.

But Romney, himself..couldn't resist.

So now..it's on limits.

Romney has questioned our "secular" society.

Well..what the fuck does that mean?

That he wants a less secular society?

Really?

What's that Jake?

Oh yeah.

It's theocracy.

Last edited:

No I'm not.

Romney said Obama was violating religious freedoms. He also said that Obama wanted a "more secular" society..and the criticized Rev. Wright's "version" of his faith.

That's no fun house..that's what he said.

And how does that equal anything scary?

Obama wants to force self-insuring religious organizations to pay for things which are against their doctrine. Being protective of the rights of religious organizations does not equal Romney dictating his religious morals to you.

And it's light years from theocracy.

More carefully..what?

If you check these thread "more carefully"..when Romney started out..I pointed out his religion should be off limits.

But Romney, himself..couldn't resist.

So now..it's on limits.

Romney has questioned our "secular" society.

Well..what the fuck does that mean?

That he wants a less secular society?

Really?

What's that Jake?

Oh yeah.

It's theocracy.

You swear at me, you little fuck face?

Religion is off limits. Wright is off limits: jump any fool it brings it up. Mormonism is off limits: and I will jump You the Fool for bringing it up.

He is questioning secular society as dictated by atheists, damn right he is. He wants less atheism in it: good for him,

Look up the definition. Libs are as bad as cons in thinking they can have their own facts and definitions,

The first video is about "policy" and is legitimate.

The second video is about Rev. Wright's message. Do you agree with Rev. Wright's message?

Legitimate?

No..it's not legitimate.

And what does my position on Rev. Wright have to do with Romney talking out of both sides of his mouth about Obama's religion?

Romney started this avenue of debate.

So..what's NOW legitimate..is to explore his beliefs.

To bad.

I initially have posted that as long as Romney left this stuff out..he was entitled to believe anything he wanted.

So long as it never enters policy making.

Obama's policy is dictating to the Catholics against their beliefs. Unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back