An example of how a majority of Democrats are really dumb about taxes.

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?
We would have borrowed that money anyway.

Just how much do you think the country lost in revenue?

Now we have a democrat who wants to raise taxes and still borrow money.

So you see it doesn't matter how much money the government takes from taxpayers because they will always always always spend more than they take from us.
If the debt is used for infrastructure that is investing in the country and is good debt. If the debt is to give cash to people that is bad debt.

That's hilarious.

We need to figure out where the hundreds of billions of dollars collected in federal fuel taxes in the last couple decades went since that money was supposed to be spent on roads without incurring more debt.

Like I said it doesn't matter how much money we let the fucking government take from us because it will always spend more than it takes from us.
That government is us. We elect them. We get the government we vote for and then we're surprised at what they do.
thats a pathetic deflection from the topic,,,

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?
/----/ Corporations treat taxes as overhead and pass them on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. I don't know about you, but I already pay enough for stuff.
I'm not sure what country you live in but here in the US there was a major corporate tax cut and I didn't see any prices go down.

Yes, comrade. To not take someone's money is to give them money because all money is the people's money, heir Marx
Alas, Trump's tax cuts were not equally distributed with some getting to keep more of their money than others. That sounds like communism to me.

Yes, comrade. To not take someone's money is to give them money because all money is the people's money, heir Marx
Alas, Trump's tax cuts were not equally distributed with some getting to keep more of their money than others. That sounds like communism to me.

So people keeping more of their own money is communism now?

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!

So you see it doesn't matter how much money the government takes from taxpayers because they will always always always spend more than they take from us.
If the debt is used for infrastructure that is investing in the country and is good debt. If the debt is to give cash to people that is bad debt.

That's hilarious.

We need to figure out where the hundreds of billions of dollars collected in federal fuel taxes in the last couple decades went since that money was supposed to be spent on roads without incurring more debt.

Like I said it doesn't matter how much money we let the fucking government take from us because it will always spend more than it takes from us.
That government is us. We elect them. We get the government we vote for and then we're surprised at what they do.
Actually it is spot on. I'm saying that the American voter is really dumb about taxes, it is not confined to just one party.

If you get to keep all your money while I'm still paying taxes that you benefit from, you can call it what you will, I don't like it.

Actually, Trump's tax cuts where larger for lower earners than for higher earners, fascist liar.

You're playing the Nazi game of saying people who don't pay taxes got a smaller tax cut

If you get to keep all your money while I'm still paying taxes that you benefit from, you can call it what you will, I don't like it.

So you must not like that more than 40% of people pay no income tax at all right?

I believe the corporate tax rate should be the very same as the single individuals income tax rate, currently ranging from 10% to 37%. (I also believe in a flat tax which wouldn't have to be anywhere near 37%, but I've addressed that in other threads).

The law treats a corporation as a legal "person" that has standing to sue and be sued, distinct from its stockholders.
Corporations | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

Last edited:

So you must not like that more than 40% of people pay no income tax at all right?
If they are poor, no problem. If they are billionaires, problem.

The only way for "billionaires" to avoid taxes is to pump money into growing businesses. Why is that a problem, that they deduct their expenses growing the economy?

so now you do think it's ok for some people not to pay taxes.

And what billionaire pays zero taxes?

So what happens?

That's hilarious.

Actually it is spot on. I'm saying that the American voter is really dumb about taxes, it is not confined to just one party.
I'm not,, but its clear you are,,

that explains why you switch narrative everytime youre proven wrong,,

The only way for "billionaires" to avoid taxes is to pump money into growing businesses. Why is that a problem, that they deduct their expenses growing the economy?
That is not the only way. If you own a property and agree not to develop it you may get a tax break. If you are unscrupulous you might inflate the value your property to boost your tax credit. Here is a recent example.

That is not the only way. If you own a property and agree not to develop it you may get a tax break. If you are unscrupulous you might inflate the value your property to boost your tax credit. Here is a recent example.

A billionaire would never be able to do that to the point of not paying taxes

so now you do think it's ok for some people not to pay taxes.

And what billionaire pays zero taxes?
Ironically, I'd guess the poor generally pay a greater percent of their income in taxes than the rich do.

I know one billionaire who only paid $750 in income taxes in 2017.

Actually, Trump's tax cuts where larger for lower earners than for higher earners, fascist liar.
Larger numerically or a larger percentage? You're not wrong but neither am I.

You're being manipulative, that is lying because you're intentionally misleading
I did exactly what you did, look at the data in a way that makes my point.

No, you were manipulative. What I did was discuss tax rates, which is the standard measure of how you are taxed.

You're also just a dishonest person. You keep lying that the Capital Hill officer was "murdered," which you made up since they never ruled that

Forum List

Back