An issue I have with both sides

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Every candidate makes a bunch of promises to the electorate. Then when one of those candidates makes it to D.C the other side does everything in its power to obstruct the goals of said candidate. Then when said candidate fails to complete their goals due to the obstruction of the other side, the other side talks shit about how that candidate didn't follow through with their campaign promises. Yeah, that's because your side didn't allow it, asshole. Why would you criticize a candidate for being unable to accomplish things you refused to let them accomplish?

Usually "gridlock" is a good thing. When the coxuckers agree on anything we get Obamacare or the tax cuts for the wealthy.

Every candidate makes a bunch of promises to the electorate. Then when one of those candidates makes it to D.C the other side does everything in its power to obstruct the goals of said candidate. Then when said candidate fails to complete their goals due to the obstruction of the other side, the other side talks shit about how that candidate didn't follow through with their campaign promises. Yeah, that's because your side didn't allow it, asshole. Why would you criticize a candidate for being unable to accomplish things you refused to let them accomplish?

Partisans trying to score points any which way they can

Except the courts didn’t challenge everything Obama did. Republicans went along with basically everything except Obamacare. Fox News(which was Bill O’Reilly, Greta and the morning and afternoon people(headed by Democrat Shepherd Smith) was all “let’s give him a chance” except for Glenn Beck and Hannity etc

None of Obama’s agenda items were obstructed and he received endless praise for anything he even thought of doing.

Except the courts didn’t challenge everything Obama did. Republicans went along with basically everything except Obamacare. Fox News(which was Bill O’Reilly, Greta and the morning and afternoon people(headed by Democrat Shepherd Smith) was all “let’s give him a chance” except for Glenn Beck and Hannity etc

None of Obama’s agenda items were obstructed and he received endless praise for anything he even thought of doing.

You seem to have missed closing Gitmo, Merrick Garland, the Keystone pipeline, and several other obstructionist measures.

Close, but not exactly so.

For instance, Dubya campaigned on a "humble foreign policy" and no nation building...Yet his response to 9/11™ was to massively grow The State like a progressive and start wars and nation build.

Both Clinton and Obama ran as tax cutters, only to renege using the "I didn't know how bad things were when I was running" excuse.

I'm sure there are other examples of such straight-up lying, though those couple of easy examples should suffice.

If one side says they will replace Obamacare, and then it turns out they NEVER had a replacement for Obamacare and they were just hoaxing the rubes all that time, that is not the other side's fault.

The only obstruction is between the ears of the rubes who fell for the hoax.

None of Obama’s agenda items were obstructed

That's not what I saw during his 8 years in office, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.
He got his stimulus through with less problems than Trump had getting one cabinet member, he got his judges through with a Republican controlled House, he got Obamacare through without any rioting, he got Supreme Court justices through without anyone even knowing who the hell one of them even was.

A complete contrast to Trump’s 1st term in every way.

Imagine if Republicans rioted after losing the election in 2008 and held up signs that said “not my president” and called Obama a racist for his ties to Wright and destroyed property and most if not all Republicans in public office were openly hostile to him despite Obama somehow deciding to talk to Republicans more. All Democrats have is the “you lie” moment, but yet Democrats are constantly refusing to stand and clap for things that any patriotic American would be cheering for just because Trump said it while the looney tunes like Cortez wear white like they are listening to fucking Castro or something.

trump-tweet-obama-responsible-full-control-for-2-years.jpg

Confounding, I've been online for about 23 years now, and I started out sort of like you, and I only came online to a political chat room to find out why people re-elected President Bill Clinton even when he had taken advantage of more women than would fit on a huge yacht. The first thing I found out was that if you asked why, both sides would line you up against a wall and start taking pot shots at you for everything from low iq to being a radical for one side or another in politics. Even though I felt awful after a few hours of that, I still wanted to know why America re-elected a womanizer for President. Actually, 23 years later, nobody would tell me why, and I just hunkered down and shot back at whoever was shooting poison darts, because my parents raised me to not tolerate bullies. You get used to it. I chose to back George W. Bush because my husband's political party was Republican and because GW's Dad was likely a social friendly person to my own Great Uncle Neal, who was my dear Grandfather's brother and a Justice of the Peace in Houston, Texas. Silly reason? Well, no, not really. My Uncle Neal did not associate with bad people, but honorable to a sterling forge as silver and gold. That's how I knew George W. Bush would get my support, regardless of the price people at the NYTimes and Time Magazine forums and political chat boards of the day would send not only patronizing messages but hateful ones as well. I didn't mind, because it made me improve my vocabulary to know the definitions of words I'd never heard before, but which they spelled perfectly, even when spewing vitriol against me. They put no value on honor of other people and marginalized their loyal opposition posters as "morons," "imbeciles," etcetera.

Best wishes, Confounding. But when you're on the fence, you get fire from the bulls on both sides of the fence. <giggle> Just consider it an exercise in the growth of a sense of humor. The ad hominems are even more graphic and profane now.

I do wish you well, but it is rather hopeless to do so. In wet weather the bulls can push over fenceposts and tred all over the person sitting on the rails. :lmao:

Edit: spelling and clarification purposes only

Last edited:

That's not what I saw during his 8 years in office, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.
He got his stimulus through with less problems than Trump had getting one cabinet member, he got his judges through with a Republican controlled House, he got Obamacare through without any rioting, he got Supreme Court justices through without anyone even knowing who the hell one of them even was.

Imagine if Republicans rioted after losing the election in 2008 and held up signs that said “not my president” and called Obama a racist for his ties to Wright and destroyed property and most if not all Republicans in public office were openly hostile to him despite Obama somehow deciding to talk to Republicans more. All Democrats have is the “you lie” moment, but yet Democrats are constantly refusing to stand and clap for things that any patriotic American would be cheering for just because Trump said it while the looney tunes like Cortez wear white like they are listening to fucking Castro or something.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.20.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.20.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.21.47 AM.png

I think it's important to recognize that despite anything Obama did or didn't accomplish, Republicans wanted to and tried to obstruct everything he did. And they absolutely criticized Obama for everything he wasn't able to pull off, just like the left is doing to Trump right now. Trump will get some of his stuff done too, but some of it he won't because of obstruction. When his time is done the left will say "Haha, you never followed through with X, Y, Z, and that makes you full of it even though it was us that stood in your way and stopped you."

I think it's important to recognize that despite anything Obama did or didn't accomplish, Republicans wanted to and tried to obstruct everything he did. And they absolutely criticized Obama for everything he wasn't able to pull off, just like the left is doing to Trump right now. Trump will get some of his stuff done too, but some of it he won't because of obstruction. When his time is done the left will say "Haha, you never followed through with X, Y, Z, and that makes you full of it even though it was us that stood in your way and stopped you."
No. They only SAID they would obstruct, but never acted.

Forum List

Back