An outright lie about the Mormon Church

Mormons who still practice polygamy are the only ones who remain true to the original teachings of the LDS Church. . :cool:

Let's forget the so-called religious theory of polygamy. It was strictly an economical need in a time when Mormon men were slaughtered just because of their beliefs. It was a way of ensuring widows and their children had a father figure and a way to help support the family.

Just to get things straight, polygamy WAS NOT inherent to Mormonism! It is reported in the bible and was a fact of life in ethnic groups all over the world. Islam allows a man to have as many as 5 wives. Why don't you attack that?

As Gunny is pointing out, there are a select few who seem to haunt discussion boards to do everything they can to profane Mormons and their way of life.

Is it because you fear that the ethics of Mormons and their emphasis on a family life that includes a mother AND a father might somehow upset your agenda to destroy traditional lifestyles?

This discussion of polygamy is about as inane as the arguments for gay marriage.

What difference does it make.

If two people of the same sex can be considered married, why not three or four or five?
Would that form of polygamy be acceptable to you?

As long as an individual enters into ANY type of relationship with another of their own free will, why should they be interfered with by government?

I can assure you there are many groups where multiple "marriage" exists that are hidden from the world.

As for my contributions to this discussion, let me qualify myself. I was born and raised LDS with extensive study of the Bible, The Book of Mormon, and The Pearl of Great Price. While I am no longer active, I admire the ethics of the church and emphasis on family. I think their social program is outstanding and allows young people to grow up in a moral and ethical atmosphere.

To go into why I left the church is long and laborious and not worth wasting space here.

This discussion of polygamy is about as inane as the arguments for gay marriage.

What difference does it make.

If two people of the same sex can be considered married, why not three or four or five?
Would that form of polygamy be acceptable to you?

As long as an individual enters into ANY type of relationship with another of their own free will, why should they be interfered with by government?

I can assure you there are many groups where multiple "marriage" exists that are hidden from the world.

As for my contributions to this discussion, let me qualify myself. I was born and raised LDS with extensive study of the Bible, The Book of Mormon, and The Pearl of Great Price. While I am no longer active, I admire the ethics of the church and emphasis on family. I think their social program is outstanding and allows young people to grow up in a moral and ethical atmosphere.

To go into why I left the church is long and laborious and not worth wasting space here.

Agree.

As long as its between consenting adults, its their business.

ever notice that believers inevitably say, when the flaws in their dogma are pointed out things like I'll pray for you or you're lost and I hope you'll find your way ?
I find those sort of statements highly offensive.
they infer a false superiority and knowledge.
Imo it's a chicken shit way to tell you to fuck off and a lot less honest.
I'M off the pulpit now.

You don't want a religious person to try to save you don't post in the religion forum where you attack their religion. You don't believe, that is fine, it is my duty to inform you that as a choice in my opinion that is a bad choice.

Everyone can be saved. But they have to want to be saved.

You admit you were on the path and then left it. I find that sad. But in the end we all have freedom of choice.
there's that false superiority and knowledge bullshit again.
Also I'm not attacking anything or anybody's religion.
I am however pointing out facts that believers either deny or rationalize.if that gets your painties in a bunch that's on you.
I've never had the patience for pretense.

ever notice that believers inevitably say, when the flaws in their dogma are pointed out things like I'll pray for you or you're lost and I hope you'll find your way ?
I find those sort of statements highly offensive.
they infer a false superiority and knowledge.
Imo it's a chicken shit way to tell you to fuck off and a lot less honest.
I'M off the pulpit now.

Have em put this in there pipe and smoke it :woohoo:

Regarding office of Bishop to have one wife.
When one consults STRONG'S EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE, an amazing piece of evidence becomes revealed. In most cases, the word for ONE in the Greek is "heis" (hice), meaning the primary numeral "1". Yet, in the references to "ONE WIFE", the Greek word for ONE is not that word for the primary numeral "1". Indeed, in those three cases, ONE is "mia" (mee'-ah), meaning "one" or "first"

Mormons who still practice polygamy are the only ones who remain true to the original teachings of the LDS Church. . :cool:

I know you'd like for other religions to have leaders as despicable as your pedophile prophet shagging 9 year old girls, but it simply isn't true. I don't agree with Joseph Smith on anything, but he didn't kill people, molest little girls because he couldn't hack it with real women, or make up a religion that orders its followers in all ages to kill and slaughter all who don't submit. That's your asshole prophet Muhammad (piss be upon him)

No comparison whatsoever!

Last edited:
There is nothing in the Book of Mormon that orders anyone to practice polygamy. Wanna try again?
I never mentioned the retarded Book of Mormon.

But the founder of the Mormon cult Joseph Smith and his original followers endorsed polygamy. . :cool:

You obviously do not know how the Church works. A Prophet runs the Church. When Smith was Murdered a new Prophet was ordained and took over, in 1890 the Prophet was instructed that polygamy was no longer sanctioned. See how that works?

The Church is not a cult about one man.
The LDS church only renounced polygamy for political reasons.

Basically, so that Utah could join the United States as a state and reap financial rewards.

And their money grubbing so called "Prophet" claimed he was instructed to do so by God. . :cool:

Yes, like anything Joseph Smith did compares to Muhammad slaughtering the Jews at Medina, enslaving the Jewish women and prepubescent boys and making a POS religion that kills people everyday and subjects everyone else to the tyranny of religious law. How many adulterers are being stoned by Mormons? How many homosexuals are being hung by the neck? How many Mormon women are being subject to honor killings. Beheadings?

There is no religion on earth that rivals your evil religion for proliferating bloodshed, misery, and violence.

A POS like you can't possibly insult the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints. It's just not possible.

There is nothing in the Book of Mormon that orders anyone to practice polygamy. Wanna try again?

But the founder of the Mormon cult Joseph Smith and his original followers endorsed polygamy. . :cool:

You obviously do not know how the Church works. A Prophet runs the Church. When Smith was Murdered a new Prophet was ordained and took over, in 1890 the Prophet was instructed that polygamy was no longer sanctioned. See how that works?

The Plain Truth about the Mormons

We still have posters on this board posting that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints supports condones and practices polygamy.

The Church forbade such practice in 1890. Anyone after that date that marries more then one wife is excommunicated and removed from the Church. No teachings are done on allowing polygamy and no support for it is given. Anyone caught practicing it is removed from the Church.

Those of you that keep repeating this lie have been told in those threads it is not true and yet you keep claiming it. That makes you liars.

Be so kind as to actually get your facts right for change.

LDS NEVER practiced polygamy. Polygamy means men and women may have plural spouses. Polygany (note the 'N') is what LDS once practiced, and FLDS still do.

Worth mentioning, that the Bible DOES condone polyagny.

We still have posters on this board posting that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints supports condones and practices polygamy.

The Church forbade such practice in 1890. Anyone after that date that marries more then one wife is excommunicated and removed from the Church. No teachings are done on allowing polygamy and no support for it is given. Anyone caught practicing it is removed from the Church.

Those of you that keep repeating this lie have been told in those threads it is not true and yet you keep claiming it. That makes you liars.

LDS NEVER practiced polygamy. Polygamy means men and women may have plural spouses. Polygany (note the 'N') is what LDS once practiced, and FLDS still do.

Worth mentioning, that the Bible DOES condone polyagny.

That's incorrect. The Bible never once condones polygamy, slavery, or a whole host of human rights violations that people have attempted to defend using Scripture. In fact, God specifically sets up the ideal of one man, one woman in marriage, but in a culture where women were treated like commodities, everyone participated in abominable practices, even those who were otherwise righteous.

Last edited:

I don't see why it should matter.

To deny plural marriage is as wrong as denying same sex marriage.

Or, as right.

Or, as right.

What was wrong was Congress's unconstitutional intrusion into the issue with the Morril Anti-bigomy Act of 1866 (Signed by Herr Lincoln Über Alles) which inserted federal power in an arena where the Constitution grants it no power. This, by the way, laid the groundwork for DOMA, just so you know. Every state has the right to enact its own social experiments. So if Utah wanted to practice polygamy and the results of it were devastating, the fallout would only affect the residents of that state.

This tract and others are available in printed form.

To Order Printed Tracts

Any takers?

Another paid piece of one-sided propaganda to support someone's paid ministry vs the non-paid lay ministry of the saints! :funnyface:

This tract and others are available in printed form.

To Order Printed Tracts

Any takers?

Another paid piece of one-sided propaganda to support someone's paid ministry vs the non-paid lay ministry of the saints! :funnyface:

attack the source, but you cannot defend any charge because they are all true.

Agreed. There is so much other ridiculous stuff to point out. Why lie about this?

O.k.
They believe that Jo Smith found a golden plate in his backyard, with inscribed sentences by arch angel Gabriel (I m not sure about this one), which he could decipher with the help of a magic stone in his hat.

More I don't ned to know. Really, sincerely not.

Yes, you are correct.

You see, Mormons did practice Polygamy before 1890. Then apparently they found out they couldn't statehood for Utah unless they outlawed it.

And low and behold, God talked to whoever the Prophet was that week, and told him he was totally against Polygamy, forget the Joseph Smith (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) had 34 wives and Brigham Young had 64.

And when Mormons realized that it kind of looked bad for them to still be excluding black people in 1978, God told the Prophet to change the policy.

Or, as right.

What was wrong was Congress's unconstitutional intrusion into the issue with the Morril Anti-bigomy Act of 1866 (Signed by Herr Lincoln Über Alles) which inserted federal power in an arena where the Constitution grants it no power. This, by the way, laid the groundwork for DOMA, just so you know. Every state has the right to enact its own social experiments. So if Utah wanted to practice polygamy and the results of it were devastating, the fallout would only affect the residents of that state.
Lincoln was dead In 1866.

Forum List

Back