An Overly Politically Correct America

If you would not call it to someone's face...it's probably inappropriate as the name of a sporting team.

The problem with you libs is you could not define 'racist'...Not the dictionary definition. In general terms.
This is going down as another nit picky liberal cause and will wither on the vine as a non-issue.

So when I said:

You're saying I didn't really say it?

You have no REASON to be offended by my avatar and have yet to explain HOW you are. See the difference? Indians have a reason, you don't.

My reason is just as good as thiers. I find closedcaptioning to be insulting to blind people, and since I know blind people, I am offended.

Considering most of the "I'm offended" noise is coming from bleeding heart white liberals, my outrage is pretty much exactly the same as the bloviating over the whole redskins thing.

Your point is that since some people are offended by the Redskins name, The owner should feel obligated to change it. Isnt that the point you are trying to get across?

Try harder closed captioning isn't for blind people its for the deaf.

As long as you mistake Indians for bleeding heart liberals I can see how you come to that conclusion. If I called a dog a frog I'd be telling you how much I hate frog poop in my yard and make just as much sense as you are making.

No one should feel obligated to do anything cry baby. I already said that, you quoted it, denied I said it, then when I showed it to you...you ignore it again! You are trying really hard to be the victim here. Try harder.

That made absolutely no sense. And you accuse others of not making sense.

So when I said:

You're saying I didn't really say it?

You have no REASON to be offended by my avatar and have yet to explain HOW you are. See the difference? Indians have a reason, you don't.

My reason is just as good as thiers. I find closedcaptioning to be insulting to blind people, and since I know blind people, I am offended.

Considering most of the "I'm offended" noise is coming from bleeding heart white liberals, my outrage is pretty much exactly the same as the bloviating over the whole redskins thing.

Your point is that since some people are offended by the Redskins name, The owner should feel obligated to change it. Isnt that the point you are trying to get across?

As long as you mistake Indians for bleeding heart liberals I can see how you come to that conclusion. If I called a dog a frog I'd be telling you how much I hate frog poop in my yard and make just as much sense as you are making.

No one should feel obligated to do anything cry baby. I already said that, you quoted it, denied I said it, then when I showed it to you...you ignore it again! You are trying really hard to be the victim here. Try harder.

and since they CANNOT READ IT, it is "offensive" to Blind people, gah, you really are not that bright...

Answer the question, do you think Washington's owner should chage the team's name?

So I gather free speech isn't part of your platform? How can a team go almost 60 years before anyone even THINKS of considering their name a racial slur?

It's free speech. Deal with it. I'm a Cherokee Indian, so I have more leverage here. Deal with it.

Liberals- a never ending quest to find racism in every nook and cranny of the known universe.

80 years ago, Native Americans were restricted to reservations, and were probably just happy enough they weren't going to get genocided again.

Redskin is a racist term.

Just ignore the fact that Temple is one of the people who is supposed to be offended, but isnt.
No doubt templar will be in some manner impugned for 'not sticking with the cause'..

Wow. That was an awesome argument. Straight, to the point, no bullshit.

Gets right to the heart of the matter.

Then i guess the Vancouver Canucks have to change thier name as well, as SOME people find it offensive.

Considering some blacks call each other "nigga" all the damn time your argument does have some holes in it.

Not really. I think we've established there's a difference between "nigga" and the word Mark Fuhrman used.
They have? How so?

He didn't have a point. Just because HE isn't offended, doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people who are, and rightfully so.

Wytch had it down perfectly, if you wouldn't randomly call someone that to their face, you probably should use it as a sports team name.

So our entire society has to base its language on the people who are the most easily offended? Bullshit.

I'm offended by Dr Who pictures. Take down your Avatar NOW or you are being insensitive.

Because you know you'll never be that cool?

You know what's hilarious. It's the reaction of you and Bi-Polar Boy that a rich person might have to actually do something he doesn't want to do because the little people demand it.

Well it didn't take long for you to whip out your favorite card..." I hate rich people"..
Your argument just got dumped in a vat of acid.

and since they CANNOT READ IT, it is "offensive" to Blind people, gah, you really are not that bright...

Answer the question, do you think Washington's owner should chage the team's name?

So the things blind people cannot see is offensive, is that it? :lol: So you're advocating for the world to end since they cannot see any of it or you wont take it that far?

He should change it, but he wont, cost too much

So I gather free speech isn't part of your platform? How can a team go almost 60 years before anyone even THINKS of considering their name a racial slur?

It's free speech. Deal with it. I'm a Cherokee Indian, so I have more leverage here. Deal with it.

Liberals- a never ending quest to find racism in every nook and cranny of the known universe.

80 years ago, Native Americans were restricted to reservations, and were probably just happy enough they weren't going to get genocided again.

Redskin is a racist term.

Nope. Being a Cherokee Indian, I get to decide what's racist here. I say it isn't. Deal with it. I also could be offended by the name of my Atlanta Braves, who use Indian terminology and such. But I'm not.

Get over yourself.

it's easy to recognize which demographic group is most likely to point out something as offensive.
That would be self hating white liberals.

Of all the shit going on. .this is what people are fretting about... the name of a football team?

Fucking pansies.

If you would not call it to someone's face...it's probably inappropriate as the name of a sporting team.

Hey guess what, nobody's ever walked up to me and say, "hey you're a redskin!" Please. I have you and all of your liberal PC Police Brigade trumped on this matter.

Exactly her point.

Now, honestly, I doubt you look all that native american, but the main reason people don't walk up to you and say that is because it's OFFENSIVE. That's the point she was trying to make.

What is 'offensive'? Define it terms of the everyday life of a typical Caucasian liberal.

Exactly her point.

Now, honestly, I doubt you look all that native american, but the main reason people don't walk up to you and say that is because it's OFFENSIVE. That's the point she was trying to make.

I am one quarter. I have genealogy backing up my claim. My great grandparents on my father's side were full blooded. The bloodline dilutes by one quarter per generation. They were 100, my grandmother on my father's side was roughly 75% and my father was half Cherokee. That makes me one quarter. I have Polish, Hungarian and Italian blood, too, which make up the dominant part of my genome. My Cherokee traits are recessive, save for my dark hair and green eyes and elevated cheek bones.

The point is, you would not go onto the Oneida reservation and yell, "What's up, Redskins!"

Because they'd kick your ass.

If you wouldn't say it to someone, it doesn't belong on a team mascot name.
That is just plain stupid.
No. I correct myself. That comment does rise to the level of stupid.

You know what's hilarious. It's the reaction of you and Bi-Polar Boy that a rich person might have to actually do something he doesn't want to do because the little people demand it.

You mean the whiny professionally offended people?

Your Avatar Offends me, take it down.

I just have to ask, why does it offend you that a rich person might have to change the name of his team?

I mean, seriously, Conservatism is like Stockholm Syndrome. you are sympathizing with your abusers.

Flipping the argument around will not get you any mileage here.

He didn't have a point. Just because HE isn't offended, doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people who are, and rightfully so.

Wytch had it down perfectly, if you wouldn't randomly call someone that to their face, you probably should use it as a sports team name.

So our entire society has to base its language on the people who are the most easily offended? Bullshit.

I'm offended by Dr Who pictures. Take down your Avatar NOW or you are being insensitive.

If the little people want the name of the team changed, they can buy the team and change it. People get to do what they want with their property. That's one of the advantages of owning something.

I just have to ask, why does it offend you that a rich person might have to change the name of his team?

I mean, seriously, Conservatism is like Stockholm Syndrome. you are sympathizing with your abusers.

Typical covetous progressive bullshit. The Owner of the Redskins is oppressing no one, save asshat progressives who hate anyone with more money than them.

What offends me is people beinging butthurt over something that has zero impact on anyone except those too weak in charcater. Being offended by something like this makes you a weak no backbone asshole, especially if its due to white guilt as opposed to actually being a member of the "oppressed"

Or we just recognize that frankly, we should feel bad.

The Europeans exterminated entire civilizations. Oh, some of it was by accident through the introduction of plagues, but a lot of it was intentional. And by calling them things like "Injuns" and "Redskins", we kind of made it okay.

Now we live in a time where we realize that sort of thing is wrong, and the least we can do is stop using racist names flippantly.

Aww here we go with this nonsense.
Joe, if you have European blood lines, you are part of the problem.

The Redskins have a right to use an offensive nickname

Others, including President Obama and Bob Costas wave a right to say they think the name should be changed

Eventually, the Redskins will lose

Yes, when it comes down to liberal PC, freedom of speech always takes it in the shorts.
Well, not this time.
In order for this to go down as desired by you limp wristed perpetually offended white people, you'd have to mandate elimination any and all references to Native Americans.
That means, all county state and city subdivisions. All business entities, etc.
Talk the talk. Walk the walk.
Let us know how that works out for ya.

Snyder is an asshole and they need to change the name because it's racist.

Deal with it.

Conservatism- a never ending quest to justify douchebaggery.

Free speech is only acceptable if a progressive asshole is speaking. Anyone else they call it hate speech.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

i read somewhere that Oklahoma means red people in choctaw. Thats sounds like aslur to me Should the state have to change its name? Maybe to throw a bone (no pun intended but I'll take it) to gay rights they could call it Oklahomo?

Forum List

Back